What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska FB Player Ruins NCAA Football...

SINKRATZ

PhD in Analogy
Club Member
Sorry if this has been posted previously, but apparently Sam Keller is suing the NCAA and EA Sports for using player's likenesses in their NCAA football game.

Leave it to a Husker to attempt to ruin one of the best video games ever for everyone else. I'm sure he was really pissed about his likeness in the game when he was still in school and played as himself with his buddies.

What a d-bag.

www.cnbc.com/id/30605723/

Not sure if d-bag is the best descriptor. Whiner, cry baby, entitled egomaniac... lots of great adjectives out there to describe its-all-about-me guys like Keller.

He's definitely a douchebag, but I think he has a legitimate complaint.

sorry if I'm bringing up an old conversation, as I missed it previously. However, I think that the NCAA is one of the most hypocritical organizations out there. I do not understand how some of the higher-ups in the NCAA are paid near 8 figures, yet these college kids that may never get a taste of the pros don't get a cent back (aside from scholarships, which they do work hard for). I think all profits from video games should be distributed to athletes. If I were a scholarship athlete, I would be annoyed that the NCAA is making millions off of games that use me and my friends as models.

I thought he was waiting to say "University of Cornbraska" on Monday Night Football?

He does have a point, I played that game and Keller threw 5 ints and got hurt. Thats about as close to his likeness as you can get.

Sorry if this has been posted previously, but apparently Sam Keller is suing the NCAA and EA Sports for using player's likenesses in their NCAA football game.

Leave it to a Husker to attempt to ruin one of the best video games ever for everyone else. I'm sure he was really pissed about his likeness in the game when he was still in school and played as himself with his buddies.

What a d-bag.

www.cnbc.com/id/30605723/
I know you need to get your shots in because it's Nebraska but there's a double standard when it comes to the ncaa. I think they should at least give the players $125.00 a week for spending money.

If anyone has the game, can you get a screen print of the CU kicker?
My son said a friend has the game (we don't have it or I'd look myself) and he was surprised at Aric Goodman's New Look.

I know you need to get your shots in because it's Nebraska but there's a double standard when it comes to the ncaa. I think they should at least give the players $125.00 a week for spending money.

Why??? And why $125, where does that come from? Do you think Keller would not have sued the NCAA if they had given him $125 a week while he played? No F***ing way.

$125 a week?!?!? That's like a 1/2oz!

Seriously though... $125/week spending money in college is a lot if you've already got your books, housing, and meals sorted.

$125 a week?!?!? That's like a 1/2oz!

Seriously though... $125/week spending money in college is a lot if you've already got your books, housing, and meals sorted.
That's how I came up with that amount - They don't have to pay for anything else.

Do NFL players get paid to be in the Madden games? If not, that bitch needs to stfu. I really don't see his point- Fusker or not, he sounds more like a crybaby asshole who cares more about money than anything else. If I were in a video game, I would be stoked, and really happy I could be a part of a game that so many people look forward to and play. This is just an example of another spoiled kid that only cares about himself. There are millions of kids in the world that would give their left nut to play college football like he did, even if it is at that ****hole NU. And yeah, I realise the NCAA is probably full of greedy assholes who only care about money. But do you really think they could feasibly pay the thousands of student athletes in their games enough to really make a difference? Yeah, didnt think so. Most college athletes are already at college on scholarship. They are already the most popular people on campus, some even the most popular in their state, sometimes even the nation. I think they will be just fine.

Do NFL players get paid to be in the Madden games? If not, that bitch needs to stfu. I really don't see his point- Fusker or not, he sounds more like a crybaby asshole who cares more about money than anything else. If I were in a video game, I would be stoked, and really happy I could be a part of a game that so many people look forward to and play. This is just an example of another spoiled kid that only cares about himself. There are millions of kids in the world that would give their left nut to play college football like he did, even if it is at that ****hole NU. And yeah, I realise the NCAA is probably full of greedy assholes who only care about money. But do you really think they could feasibly pay the thousands of student athletes in their games enough to really make a difference? Yeah, didnt think so. Most college athletes are already at college on scholarship. They are already the most popular people on campus, some even the most popular in their state, sometimes even the nation. I think they will be just fine.

I'm pretty sure the NFLPA licenses players names and images for those kind of games, and the proceeds are distributed to the players.

But Keller needs to STFU anyway... :rolleyes:

no they shouldn't.

but the ncaa shouldn't be able to sell their names and faces without consent either.

I'm pretty sure the NFLPA licenses players names and images for those kind of games, and the proceeds are distributed to the players.

But Keller needs to STFU anyway... :rolleyes:
I read the other day that the NFL recieved 28 million in from EA but I don't know how they disperse the money.

Back