What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska in 2018

This is a stupid ****ing idea, this series is over, both teams moved on to different conferences, the only time we should meet is in the Rose Bowl or MNC..............PERIOD!

This is a stupid ****ing idea, this series is over, both teams moved on to different conferences, the only time we should meet is in the Rose Bowl or MNC..............PERIOD!

You make a good point. However, I'm happier overall when I ****ing hate nebraska, and these last few years that hate has been slipping from previous standards.

Obviously, if I think about the self-important, self-proclaimed "classy" fan base, I'll hate them. I just haven't had a reason to think about them as much, thus the slippage in hate.

Ringo reporting that CU has the option to move our 2 home games down to Denver...

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_22541246/rivalry-reborn-cu-buffs-nebraska-cornhuskers-play-4

-------------------------------------
"Through an open records request for the contract between the two schools, the Daily Camera has learned CU holds the option to host its home games in the series at Sports Authority Field in Denver or Folsom Field.

Making any kind of decision about where to play the first of those home games in 2019 is obviously years away, but Bohn said CU would only take the game to Denver if the Buffs were playing at a much more competitive level than they have recently and if there was a realistic chance of a sellout at the roughly 76,000-seat stadium.

Bohn also noted that the contract is decidedly different from those that govern the CU-CSU series that has been played in Denver in most years since the late 1990s.

CU would control the entire ticket inventory if the game was moved to Denver except for 3,000 tickets each visiting team is entitled to for all four games in the series. Unlike the CSU game, CU season-ticket holders would be able to sit in seats comparable to those they sit in at Folsom Field.

Bohn said moving a game against Nebraska to Denver could increase the revenue from roughly $2 million to approximately $4 million, assuming it was at or near a sellout. The contract requires each visiting team be paid $300,000 and if one school opts out of any game it would owe the other school $1 million. "
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If by that point we have such great fan support that we can sell 76,000 seats to CU fans, this idea is.... well, this idea is still stupid.

If the only reason for leaving campus, Folsom and Boulder is to sell 24,000 extra seats to Nub fans, then this is the stupidest ****ing idea in the history of stupid damned ****ing ideas.

Either way, it pretty much stinks of the Nubs getting into this series with the idea of having two virtual home games for the inbred red fan base in Colorado. We need to make them regret that idea.

I'm sure that whoever is in charge in 6 years will be smart enough to ensure the game stays at Folsom.

I'm sure that whoever is in charge in 6 years will be smart enough to ensure the game stays at Folsom.

I'd like to think that they will understand that the CU AD better prepare for a full on riot if they moved the game from Folsom. CU fans have been remarkably lenient with the CU/CSU Denver atrocity.

If by that point we have such great fan support that we can sell 76,000 seats to CU fans, this idea is.... well, this idea is still stupid.

If the only reason for leaving campus, Folsom and Boulder is to sell 24,000 extra seats to Nub fans, then this is the stupidest ****ing idea in the history of stupid damned ****ing ideas.

Either way, it pretty much stinks of the Nubs getting into this series with the idea of having two virtual home games for the inbred red fan base in Colorado. We need to make them regret that idea.

You are correct! Nebraska fans really like the idea of this series from the stand point of being able to treat the games in Colorado (where ever they will be played) as virtual home games. The only bitch seems to be these away games will do essentially do nothing to help recruiting.

You are correct! Nebraska fans really like the idea of this series from the stand point of being able to treat the games in Colorado (where ever they will be played) as virtual home games. The only bitch seems to be these away games will do essentially do nothing to help recruiting.

Of course I'm correct. You people are the most predictable people on the face of the Earth. Simply assume that you think you're the center of the known universe, then work from there. Works every time... :lol:

Sure, there were a number of Nebraskans who made a trip to Colorado the highlight of their year. Between a Noid game and getting to visit Fusker Riviera (aka, Estes Park), it was the holiday of a lifetime. But there will be a fundamental difference in the upcoming matchups. They occur in early September instead of late November. Harvest won't be in and that's the time of year all the Nubbers are working both their day jobs in corn and their night jobs in meth production - making it nearly impossible to pile into their pickups and leave for a weekend. Attendance of those wearing Red will be limited to the folks who have moved out of Nebraska to get a good job in Denver but haven't yet recovered from the brainwashing they received as children.

I would not have a problem shutting down the combine and closing the meth lab for the weekend to attend this game if for no other reason just to piss you off by my mere presence.

Ok well I wouldn't worry about this Denver thing. We are under contract with CSU to play in Denver in 2019. There is no chance the AD moves 2 games in a month to Denver. As far as the 2023 game goes I am guessing this year is the reason the potential deal for invesco was put in. And I am guessing it is because the plan is to have 6 homes games in Boulder and a potential for one in Denver. I for one would be happier to have 6 in Boulder and one in Denver than 6 Boulder and 6 true away games. I hate invesco as much as the next guy but if it means I get one more weekend of going to games its better than watching on TV. And I really doubt that the game would be moved. At that point the construction at Folsom would be finished, and they are not gonna throw all this money into new facilities then turn around and host the most hated rival in history outside Boulder.

I am really glad they brought this series back for a while. Playing in the PAC12 is better in terms of not having to go to Manhattan, Lawrence, Lincoln, Waco etc.... But I do miss having that rival at the end of every season that you just can't stand. The one that even the sight of them on your field makes you wanna fight someone. I only hope that this is the beginning of a long term series so we can at least play them 2 out of every 4 years or so. Maybe just alternate CSU for 2 years then NU for 2 years. I'd be ok with that

Ringo reporting that CU has the option to move our 2 home games down to Denver...

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_22541246/rivalry-reborn-cu-buffs-nebraska-cornhuskers-play-4

-------------------------------------
"Through an open records request for the contract between the two schools, the Daily Camera has learned CU holds the option to host its home games in the series at Sports Authority Field in Denver or Folsom Field.

Making any kind of decision about where to play the first of those home games in 2019 is obviously years away, but Bohn said CU would only take the game to Denver if the Buffs were playing at a much more competitive level than they have recently and if there was a realistic chance of a sellout at the roughly 76,000-seat stadium.

Bohn also noted that the contract is decidedly different from those that govern the CU-CSU series that has been played in Denver in most years since the late 1990s.

CU would control the entire ticket inventory if the game was moved to Denver except for 3,000 tickets each visiting team is entitled to for all four games in the series. Unlike the CSU game, CU season-ticket holders would be able to sit in seats comparable to those they sit in at Folsom Field.

Bohn said moving a game against Nebraska to Denver could increase the revenue from roughly $2 million to approximately $4 million, assuming it was at or near a sellout. The contract requires each visiting team be paid $300,000 and if one school opts out of any game it would owe the other school $1 million. "
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Heard Bohn on the radio, looking forward to Nubs at "Boulder OR Denver". **** that. Charge those 3,000 visitor seats an extra $667 per and fund gap is solved. Where those Nub fans find the money, who knows. You know those ****ers will skip dental visits for another decade to see their Fuskers live.

Heard Bohn on the radio, looking forward to Nubs at "Boulder OR Denver". **** that. Charge those 3,000 visitor seats an extra $667 per and fund gap is solved. Where those Nub fans find the money, who knows. You know those ****ers will skip dental visits for another decade to see their Fuskers live.

Corn subsidies and meth production. I feel as though you're not even paying attention.

If it gets played in Denver, then Bohn needs to be fired.

That he suggested it might be played in Denver on the radio, coupled with the contractual possibility might have already been the tipping point for me.

Unless, of course, Folsom is in the middle of a 250 Million dollar renovation.

That he suggested it might be played in Denver on the radio, coupled with the contractual possibility might have already been the tipping point for me.

Unless, of course, Folsom is in the middle of a 250 Million dollar renovation.

I'm so pissed about this that I'm not going to renew my season tickets. I am going to let all of them know that the reason for non-renewal is the CSU game being played in Denver and how much that venue sucks for college football.

I'm so pissed about this that I'm not going to renew my season tickets. I am going to let all of them know that the reason for non-renewal is the CSU game being played in Denver and how much that venue sucks for college football.

It might be time for you to change from "Buffnik" to Butthurt:lol:

If it gets played in Denver, then Bohn needs to be fired.

Is this really your standard for firing Bohn????? How about numerous other lethal mistakes errors up until now?

Examples:
- Hiring Hawkins
- Hawkins extension
- Trying desperately to hire Butch Jones, a misfit
- Booking Ohio State for a one-off beating on the road to pay for his firings and hirings
- Booking CSU for 10 years at Invesco
- Toledo game with 4 days between the previous game

This is just another in an ongoing series of efforts by the dumbass to save his won job by helping balance his budget. You can count on these games being played in Denver if Bohn is still here - he didn't reserve that right for no reason, and he will claim that they need the $$$. This guy is the worst AD I have ever seen at a BCS program.

Is this really your standard for firing Bohn????? How about numerous other lethal mistakes errors up until now?

Examples:
- Hiring Hawkins
- Hawkins extension
- Trying desperately to hire Butch Jones, a misfit
- Booking Ohio State for a one-off beating on the road to pay for his firings and hirings
- Booking CSU for 10 years at Invesco
- Toledo game with 4 days between the previous game

This is just another in an ongoing series of efforts by the dumbass to save his won job by helping balance his budget. You can count on these games being played in Denver if Bohn is still here - he didn't reserve that right for no reason, and he will claim that they need the $$$. This guy is the worst AD I have ever seen at a BCS program.

I didn't like a lot of the scheduling actions in the past or the Hawkins extension, but I could justify them within the concept of a bankrupt department that had to do what it could to make extra revenue or make the risk of long-term deals when those deals were available.

I'm not so sure why you're so pissed about Butch Jones. Very successful coach who checked all the boxes. In hindsight, I think that having to fall back to HCMM was the best thing that ever happened to us, but I could say the same thing about Michigan slobbering Les Miles' knob and having to hire Brady Hoke.

Why I'm so pissed now is that the dynamics of the CU situation have changed with the Pac-12 contracts. If Bohn schedules a home Nebraska game for Denver, that tells me that his thinking didn't change as his circumstances changed. That tells me he's incapable of thinking outside of the little box he has created. And that tells me he needs to be fired, because that little box no longer applies.

FFS I would not travel to see the game played at Invesco. That place sucks ass. I hate it. College games during the season need to be played on campus, barring a few exceptions, mainly notable rivalries like the RRS and TWLOCP. Why don't we just do 19 away games at the fuskers place for 1MM a piece?

We are a joke of a program on many, many, many levels. Amateur hour still exists at the Dal Ward.

What is the over/under on the indoor practice facility being built by then?

FFS I would not travel to see the game played at Invesco. That place sucks ass. I hate it. College games during the season need to be played on campus, barring a few exceptions, mainly notable rivalries like the RRS and TWLOCP. Why don't we just do 19 away games at the fuskers place for 1MM a piece?

We are a joke of a program on many, many, many levels. Amateur hour still exists at the Dal Ward.

If we're going to play CU's home games in the series at Sports Authority Field, why not play the fusker home games at a neutral site convenient to our fans too? Maybe SoCal? Maybe a little something for our Texass alums who don't get to see the Buffs anymore? Or lets play them all at Mile High.

I would not have a problem shutting down the combine and closing the meth lab for the weekend to attend this game if for no other reason just to piss you off by my mere presence.

Would you go watch Nebraska play CU in Kansas City? Would you complain it wasn't in Lincoln?

Would you go watch Nebraska play CU in Kansas City? Would you complain it wasn't in Lincoln?

I would a little. Arrowhead only holds 70,000+ fans. Memorial Stadium accommodates 91,000.

But it sure wouldn't stop me from going if the deal would take the game to KC.

Maybe it's time for Buff fans to get behind their team. Like old times.

I would a little. Arrowhead only holds 70,000+ fans. Memorial Stadium accommodates 91,000.

So there is something wrong with fans wanting to get behind their team in their own stadium rather than playing the game off campus just to accomodate a bunch of over inflated ass monkeys?

****tard

Back