1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebraska just "formally" made the move to the B10

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffSurveyor, Jun 11, 2010.

1. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

Looks like as of 2:25 P.M. today, it's a done deal pending "formal" approval by the B10 Conference governing body. The UNL Board of Regents voted unanimously at their meeting this afternoon.

Conference play begins with the 2011 season. Looks like the last B12 game as we now know the Conference make up will be this season in Lincoln. Should be a great moment for both institutions involved.

Good luck in the Pac 10!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. Del

Del Member

Bring it we will be ready!! Good luck to you guys looks like both schools gave a big middle finger to TexASS! onto greener pastures!

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

so sad we don't get the last game in boulder... wonder what this means for our 2011 season?

4. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

is there a different penalty (probably moot if conference dissolves) for leaving in 2011 versus 2012 ?

5. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Good luck in the Big 10, a good move for the school and a good get for the conference. Don't be a stranger when CU comes calling for future OOC games.

6. BuffSurveyor

It's going to be a great game that's for sure.

Only thing I know (and it's only a rumor) is that I heard Nebraska gave TexASS to Colorado to take with them to the Pac 10. Must have been part of the deal to get into the B10. More info will come out on this in the coming weeks. :lol:

7. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

2011??

Wow. They are moving pretty fast. That's a lot of schedule adjusting.

8. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Dammit! They're still screwing us! :lol:

Good luck in the B10, and see ya the day after Thanksgiving!

9. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

how tough is that ticket going to be to get? i need to go to this game.

10. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Yes, I thought two years notice (CU) resulted in a 50% loss of TV revenue, while a one year notice (NU) resulted in a 90% loss of TV revenue, or something to that effect. May all be moot if six teams leave...

11. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Nebraska gave TexAss to Colorado? WTH? I can't imagine what you are saying, because if it's what I think it is, NU's opinion of itself has not changed one bit I see.

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'm not surprised you guys decided to lose your last Big 12 game in front of your home crowd instead of in Boulder. :wink2:

That game's going to make Lincoln the largest city in Nebraska for a day. I'm still going to watch it from Vegas (MBB LV Invitational week), but part of me is tempted to go to Lincoln instead and I had no desire to make that trip yesterday.

13. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

2011.... what does that do to B12 scheduling that season.... weirdness.

14. Buffnik

There won't be a Big 12.

This actually screws us a little bit. That season was a great home slate for CU season tickets (Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Cal & Fresno) plus we had the neutral with CSU at Mile High in the package. Hopefully we at least keep the non-conference schedule together. CSU (neutral), Fresno State (Boulder), Hawaii (Honolulu) plus 9 Pac games would still be pretty damn sweet.

15. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

So wait a sec... If the Pac invites OU, UT, et. al. and they start in 2011, but we don't start until 2012? huh? Do they rearrange CU's begin date? I suppose that's as easy to do as anything else.

16. Buffnik

At the event today, Larry Scott said that the Pac 11+ was prepared to start in 2011 if circumstances changed. Today's announcement by the Corn means that things have changed. Forget about the Big 12 in 2011 and CU's schedule for that season (other than CSU, Fresno State and Hawaii contracts).

Maybe we'll get an in-conference concession from Cal since we're losing the return date in 2011. With this and their construction project issue, maybe we end up playing at a neutral site or something instead of going there for the next scheduled conference game. Be cool. How about we meet in San Diego?

17. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

18. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Congrats huskers. I'm gonna miss you goofy inbred, red-polyester-overall clad, sheep-****ing cadavers. Good luck!

19. BuffSurveyor

Wally: Thanks for the love. We are not all "goofy inbred, red-polyester-overall clad, sheep-****ing cadavers"

Good luck in the Pac10, 12Pac, or what ever the hell is going to be called.

20. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

you're right. most are way worse than that.

21. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Let the conference smack begin. CU's conference will be WAY better than mathmatically challenged conference that is the Big 10+1+1+?. Enjoy the rustbelt-flyover states montsanto conference. Say "hi" to Michael Moore when you visit Meatchicken.

22. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

:lol:

23. BuffSurveyor

Yea, and which new conference member didn't meet graduation standards.........that would be Colorado. Can you bring me back some of that special recipe west coast pot after your first away game? Yes, one more thing. Don't tell me about conference academics either. You need to buy a dictionary or take "Spelling 101" before taking classes in 12Pac.

24. Buffnik

Why is it that Nebraska fans think that keeping all athletes academically eligible means the same thing as having good academics? If anything, CU's APR struggles point to how rigorous the academic standards are at CU.

25. ladyblaise

Probably for the same reason they thought it a good idea to effect legislation to pay the collegiate athletes. They really do not see an issue from many angles - just the one that makes them feel better.

26. BuffSurveyor

You really think this is the case? My only response is: :lol: :yeah_right:

27. ladyblaise

Care to share how exactly it is not? Or is your reasoning limp?

28. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

You must be suffering separation anxiety, nub. Gotta get those shots in quick, because after turkey day, we'll have NOTHING to talk about Nebraska related.

Let's assume you are one of those Coloradoans for Nebraska assholes. So here are your choices: 1) Sink a bunch of time and money into trans-continental travel to get your live football fix. 2) Become a primarily TV based football fan, who lives and breaths off of the BTN network, or 3) start attending CU and CSU games for the pure joy of the gameday atmosphere.

Enjoy those viewing parties, Nub. Because after Thanksgiving, we're done.

29. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Well, when all you have to do to graduate from *ebraska is show how to properly birth a calf, graduation rates are going to be pretty high.

30. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

as an aside to the trash talk, i was glad to see warden tom call the texans on their bullcrap about how they really wanted to hold the b12 together while they were flirting with the p10, b10, and sec...

i may hate fuskers on the field of play, but i really, really hate the texas cabal, pretty much across the board. i hope somehow, someway, some of these assholes end up somewhere, anywhere, other than with us...