What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska pride?

:lol: hate week gets better. Remember when wally couldn't even use the multiquote function?

Is there evidence for this opinion, or are you two just searching some minority examples to support your world view?

I find it hard to believe that there's "always" a conspiracy when CU loses, as you suggest--or even that excuses abound on this site. In fact I see most Allbuff fingers pointing toward internal factors when searching for blame for the state of this program.

I for one tend to buy into the final score, regardless of how it was achieved. That's why the games are played, and that's why I love the sport...and sometimes hate it also.

That's not to say that you don't encounter the occassional wistful thinkers. For instance it's almost certain that if Henery had missed his record-setting kick last year, CU would have won the game. But depending on how that sentiment is framed, I hardly consider it an excuse, but more a longing for what could have been. We're still fans, after all. The same could be said for the ill-advised squib kick in 2000's game.

BRI: If you really believe that this board is only good for excuses, why don't you take pack up your pictures of your family, and your heart-felt shared experiences, shove them up your ass and then go peddle them to another audience? How else should I respond to your statement?

EDIT: Look dude, I know it's hate week and all, and I fully expect you to support your team rabidly. However, I believe your statement about this site crosses a line and is a betrayal of those who have offered you their sincerest support during your time on Allbuffs.

Buff Envy: It's natural to be envious of the Buffs. After all, our team and fans represent a reputable university, set in one of the most gorgeous locations in the United States. Our town is a destination for tourists from all over the world. Activities abound in the mountains under whose shadow our university sits. The sun shines down on the University of Colorado over 300 days every year. I've travelled the U.S. and world and haven't found a more beautiful population of young women (outside of Estonia, perhaps) than those that travel the walkways and hallways at CU.

In contrast, the university of nebraska sits in a depression in the wind-swept prairie, exposed to miserable weather for about seven months out of every year. The town of lincoln is a cultural void. Most colleges boast some hot coeds, and nebraska is no different; however, I'd argue the contrast to the glory that is the stunning sundress-clad glory of CU is striking. In fact, it's fair to say the humble people of nebraska have very little to fuel their happiness aside from their football team. I'm the first to acknowledge the glory that was once the nebraska football program. But the glory has faded, leaving those poor fans with nothing, aside from some pretty solid bass fishing as well as very entertaining Walmarts.

So, I for one don't blame you for your envy. But you're welcome to shed your red-polyester skin, and don the black and gold. It's tough going through life wanting to be something you're not, but in this case you have the power to change. Embrace your dreams!
I was being facetious with my screen name but I thought your educated ass would have known that.

Well Wyoming is a RMAC team while Arkansas State and Louisiana-La are D2? Anyway I am not saying that we had a stellar non-conf schedule this year- but CU HAS NEVER played the pansy schedule you did this year. The point being NU fans should be happy they are in the BIG 12 championship- if roles were reversed I would be too. But I am just saying there is way too much excitement about this team given what I think is weak schedule with no marqee wins.

With that said- It actually excites me that NU is finally scheduling some good teams- I would love to see games like NU vs Tennesse or NU vs Miami- they are more fun to watch and if NU wants to become a nationally recognized powerhouse again they need to play those type games- just as CU needs to do. And I would respect the program a lot more if they played descent teams and won vs basically paying 3 schools to play in Lincoln to ensure a 3-0 start.
They're not D-2 teams, and Louisiana-Lafayette actually beat KSU so while they may not be good, they can hang with major conference teams for a while. I get your point, but again, the team and coaches can't control the schedule. Yeah, there haven't been any marquee wins but on any given Saturday...That's why people are pumped about the chance to play UT. There's always a chance.

I was being facetious with my screen name but I thought your educated ass would have known that.

Normally I can catch these things. However, inadvertantly misplacing the object of envy with the source would be a very h-usker thing to do. I jes' figured you were authentic.

But now that you're throwing big words like "facetious" around I frankly don't know what to think.

Normally I can catch these things. However, inadvertantly misplacing the object of envy with the source would be a very h-usker thing to do. I jes' figured you were authentic.

But now that you're throwing big words like "facetious" around I frankly don't know what to think.
:lol:

260780786v2_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

I'm sorry if saying your three-month-old twins looked ****ing lazy offended you. Never in my wildest dreams would that have been an offensive statement. But if you can genuinely claim offense, I can genuinely offer an apology.

Than I'm not sure what I was responding to.

That's a pretty reasonable statement.

Here's my dirty little secret: I don't really hate huskers and cops--though I admit to being a little skeptical of both.

My support for you has been geniuine and mostly conveyed in PMs. I'd note that you don't reference them--and that's fine, because they are private--but to ignore my support for you and instead only reference a post designed to lampoon husker fans is unfair in my opinion.

I try to show my distaste for huskers by addressing specific behavior, rather than broadbrushing. Yes, I attack many nebraska fans when they come over here, but again, my remarks tend to be in rebuttal of their specific posts, or statements about behavior they've exhibited.

It's my belief that a fan from one school visiting another school's fan site is looking for some abuse. It's my pleasure to accomodate.

Fair enough. Thanks for your service.

How am I putting words in your mouth?

Because you're are saying things like I said the entire site was worthless or trashing it or something to that effect. I understand getting some crap for being a Husker fan on a Buff board, that's not the issue here. I don't think this site is worthless or trash, I like this site or I wouldn't be here. There are a few a-holes, zbuff, and then there are a high percentage of good people.

I don't remember the PM's you sent me and if you did then I appreciate the support. However that still doesn't change the fact that stories and pictures of my family didn't need to be brought into the discussion.

How was I supposed to know you don't hate cops and Huskers? I can understand the dislike for the Huskers just like you should understand my dislike for the Buffs. Doesn't mean I don't respect most of you as people. Making decisions about a person based on the team they root for is not only immature is just plain wrong.

Last edited:
Because you're are saying things like I said the entire site was worthless or trashing it or something to that effect. I understand getting some crap for being a Husker fan on a Buff board, that's not the issue here. I don't think this site is worthless or trash, I like this site or I wouldn't be here. There are a few a-holes, zbuff, and then there are a high percentage of good people.

I don't remember the PM's you sent me and if you did then I appreciate the support. However that still doesn't change the fact that stories and pictures of my family didn't need to be brought into the discussion.

How was I supposed to know you don't hate cops and Huskers? I can understand the dislike for the Huskers just like you should understand my dislike for the Buffs. Doesn't mean I don't respect most of you as people. Making decisions about a person based on the team they root for is not only immature is just plain wrong.

agreed. Good post Mr. BRI.

Because you're are saying things like I said the entire site was worthless or trashing it or something to that effect.
That was how I understood your statement.

The pictures and stories of your family were brought into to the discussion because they were relevant to my point. As far as I can tell, you've wrapped yourself in that "defending the famly honor" flag like some Pashtun Tribesman, but you're either intentionally misrepresenting the point or not getting it.

I'll reiterate my original point: If you don't value the content of this site, don't develop personal relationships with the people who post here, and then disrespect them. It wasn't a dig at your family. But you claim in your above post that you do value this site, and your fellow Allbuffs, so I guess my original point is no longer relevant.

While I was typing the above response, it occurred to me that my efforts are probably wasted. After all, I seem unable to communicate with you on any level. I'm not sure if it's some fault of mine as the sender, or yours as the receiver, but consider the evidence:

--You were apparently deeply offended when I stated that your 3-month-old twins looked ****ing lazy to me. For Christ's sake, they're not even old enough to sit up unassisted. But you claim to have taken my observation as a literal insult.

I apologized for that because it was never my intent to offend. But nonetheless, it makes me consider your capacity to differential between that which is literal, and that which is good-natured.

--I stated in my h-u-skers on Allbuffs roast that I don't like cops and I don't like huskers. I also added that my remarks were in good fun and that I was certain there were good h-u-skers, somewhere. But for some reason you just can't get past the bit about cops and huskers and ignore the tone of the post or the embedded qualifications.

--When you and your wife experienced fertility challenges I sent you several lengthy PMs detailing my family's similar experience and further offered you advice and support. I even sent a PM to check up on your progress several months later. But you forgot those, apparently. Instead, you'd rather paint me as a husker-hater who automatically discounts the human value of a fan based on the team for which he roots. You're a good guy, BRI.

Really? Do we have to have this discussion? I would have imagined that it would have gone without saying.

I really feel confident in my ability to separate those exchanges that exist in the irrational world of fan-based banter, and those that are real and human.

However, I'm starting to harbor some concerns about your ability to make those same distinctions.

That was how I understood your statement.

The pictures and stories of your family were brought into to the discussion because they were relevant to my point. As far as I can tell, you've wrapped yourself in that "defending the famly honor" flag like some Pashtun Tribesman, but you're either intentionally misrepresenting the point or not getting it.

I'll reiterate my original point: If you don't value the content of this site, don't develop personal relationships with the people who post here, and then disrespect them. It wasn't a dig at your family. But you claim in your above post that you do value this site, and your fellow Allbuffs, so I guess my original point is no longer relevant.

While I was typing the above response, it occurred to me that my efforts are probably wasted. After all, I seem unable to communicate with you on any level. I'm not sure if it's some fault of mine as the sender, or yours as the receiver, but consider the evidence:

--You were apparently deeply offended when I stated that your 3-month-old twins looked ****ing lazy to me. For Christ's sake, they're not even old enough to sit up unassisted. But you claim to have taken my observation as a literal insult.

I apologized for that because it was never my intent to offend. But nonetheless, it makes me consider your capacity to differential between that which is literal, and that which is good-natured.

--I stated in my h-u-skers on Allbuffs roast that I don't like cops and I don't like huskers. I also added that my remarks were in good fun and that I was certain there were good h-u-skers, somewhere. But for some reason you just can't get past the bit about cops and huskers and ignore the tone of the post or the embedded qualifications.

--When you and your wife experienced fertility challenges I sent you several lengthy PMs detailing my family's similar experience and further offered you advice and support. I even sent a PM to check up on your progress several months later. But you forgot those, apparently. Instead, you'd rather paint me as a husker-hater who automatically discounts the human value of a fan based on the team for which he roots. You're a good guy, BRI.

Really? Do we have to have this discussion? I would have imagined that it would have gone without saying.

I really feel confident in my ability to separate those exchanges that exist in the irrational world of fan-based banter, and those that are real and human.

However, I'm starting to harbor some concerns about your ability to make those same distinctions.

Cripes guys. It's a message board. If you would stop trying to have a "peter contest" this crap wouldn't happen and you both wouldn't be back pedaling. You guys may make decent Cornerbacks with those skills, though.

Sending pictures to anonymous Posters???? I want BRI to teach my kids Stranger Danger!!! Yeeesh.

que the attack in 3...2...1...it's otay, you won't hurt my feewings:smile2:

Back