What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska to B10 a lock?

Perlman: NU a potential mega-chip
Perlman acknowledged that athletics and football television revenue — specifically involving the Big Ten — have sparked the current hubbub.
“I don't have any inside information," he said, “but the conversation is clearly guided by the Big Ten television network.
“They are now like any other TV network — you want as many eyeballs on the screen as you possibly can because that guarantees revenue through advertising or access to cable carriers."

Can the Big 12 survive losing a member or two?
“If you start pulling us apart at the outer edges — say Missouri or Colorado goes somewhere — there are not a lot of options for us to find schools that are compatible and bring us back to 12," Perlman said.
“In that sense, I worry a lot about what's going to happen."

No real earth-shattering comments, but it is interesting to hear someone in that position reflecting on the same issues that we have all discussed.

Pretty big, IMO, for a person of that stature to be openly talking about stuff like this.

Just another reason I think something's up. I don't think NU would be looking around if CU and Mizzou were gonna stay.

Is that a statement of fact or just hopeful thinking? Either way we may soon find out if the Buffs are better than Washington State.

I'm worried, CU was one Chapelle Brown miracle pick better than Eastern Washington.....:cry::wow::wtf:

I'm worried, CU was one Chapelle Brown miracle pick better than Eastern Washington.....:cry::wow::wtf:

I had forgottten about that game. My psyche apparently couldn't handle it and therefore pushed it out of the recesses of my mind. God we suck. F*CK THIS.

... and Nebraska is just two seasons removed from giving up 52 to Missouri and 62 to Oklahoma, and three years removed from being a dropped pass away from losing to Ball State, giving up 49 to USC, 45 to Oklahoma State, 76 to Kansas, and 65 to Colorado. :cheers:

The Buffs are just a new coach - and two seasons - away from returning to its role as the primary rival for Nebraska in the North. :thumbsup:

... and Nebraska is just two seasons removed from giving up 52 to Missouri and 62 to Oklahoma, and three years removed from being a dropped pass away from losing to Ball State, giving up 49 to USC, 45 to Oklahoma State, 76 to Kansas, and 65 to Colorado. :cheers:

The Buffs are just a new coach - and two seasons - away from returning to its role as the primary rival for Nebraska in the North. :thumbsup:

All I have to say is...you need to come around more often!

CU is going to the Pac 10. The rivalry with the fuskers is coming to an end.

Not sure why you are so happy about this, it just means you will get beat up by every team in the PAC 10, What will change?
do you really think CU will suck, as bad as we do now, for the rest of eternity? somebody give this cockgobbler his 15 bucks back, we don't need it.

CU is going to the Pac 10. The rivalry with the fuskers is coming to an end.

When this happens (please, please, please) I sure would like to replace that silly CSU game with a game against the corn. Of course, as bad as we are right now, they still would consider us way to difficult an opponent for their OOC schedule.

Looking forward to (possibly) my last road trip out to Stincoln this coming season. :thumbsup:

Back