What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska vs Colorado - The Debate

Could not have made our point better, all you have is a meaningless record. Go tell your new conference all about it, they'll be on the edge of their seats.

and then you'll still be in Nebraska.

Just for kicks I went to the official Nebraska Tourism site to see what they have to say for themselves. (http://www.visitnebraska.gov). The list is better than anything we could have made up.

Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art (paintings of tractors and whatnot)
International Quilt Study Center (you keep it sexy Nebraska!)
Amazing Pizza Machine (I **** you not, it is on their list of attractions)
American Historical Society of Germans from Russia. (maybe they're right and Buffs are dumb because I don't understand that at all)
the list keeps going

other fun links I found
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Nebraska
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=14558260861834207051 - a test to see if you think nebraska sucks enough
http://www.zazzle.com/nebraska+sucks+tshirts - cottage industry believes nebraska sucks
http://amplicate.com/hate/nebraska - 67% of the people agree that nebraska sucks. 67% of people never agree on anything

and then you'll still be in Nebraska.

Just for kicks I went to the official Nebraska Tourism site to see what they have to say for themselves. (http://www.visitnebraska.gov). The list is better than anything we could have made up.

Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art (paintings of tractors and whatnot)
International Quilt Study Center (you keep it sexy Nebraska!)
Amazing Pizza Machine (I **** you not, it is on their list of attractions)
American Historical Society of Germans from Russia. (maybe they're right and Buffs are dumb because I don't understand that at all)
the list keeps going

other fun links I found
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Nebraska
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=14558260861834207051 - a test to see if you think Nebraska sucks enough
http://www.zazzle.com/Nebraska+sucks+tshirts - cottage industry believes Nebraska sucks
http://amplicate.com/hate/nebraska - 67% of the people agree that nebraska sucks. 67% of people never agree on anything

Some more insecurity exposed.

Anyway and your point is?

This has been the point from the beginning of this thread. CU/Colorado is an awesome place with fantastic things to do. We wish our football team was better-particularly against nebraska's.

nebraska is a state that aside from bass pond fishing mostly sucks balls. They did have a great football team for about four decades, and the citizens permitted that to distract them from how much the rest of their state sucked. Some folks even believed their football team's success constituted their own success.

Nebraska:
random-nebraska-small.JPG

Colorado:
ColoradoMountain.jpg

I'll take Colorado any day.

This has been the point from the beginning of this thread. CU/Colorado is an awesome place with fantastic things to do. We wish our football team was better-particularly against Nebraska's.

Nebraska is a state that aside from bass pond fishing mostly sucks balls. They did have a great football team for about four decades, and the citizens permitted that to distract them from how much the rest of their state sucked. Some folks even believed their football team's success constituted their own success.

I can't believe your put that into print. I know many football fans who relate the success of their team to their own. That includes dozens of Buff fans in the day.

Oh, and you can say what you want about how the much the State of Nebraska sucks. Looks to me like we have their affairs in order. Just look at the unemployment rate, crime rate, and even how the State of Nebraska seems not to be so far in the hole financially as other states are. (Can you say balanced budget. I thought not!) And that includes the State of Colorado on all accounts. So it seems saying Nebraska sucks is a bit over rated.

I like the State of Colorado as far as being a great place to visit. But I wouldn't want to live there any more then many would want to live in Nebraska. To each his/her own.

No I have, and it's still better than the meth addicted, cow ****er land of Nebraska.

I can't believe your put that into print. I know many football fans who relate the success of their team to their own. That includes dozens of Buff fans in the day.

Oh, and you can say what you want about how the much the State of Nebraska sucks. Looks to me like we have their affairs in order. Just look at the unemployment rate, crime rate, and even how the State of Nebraska seems not to be so far in the hole financially as other states are. (Can you say balanced budget. I thought not!) And that includes the State of Colorado on all accounts. So it seems saying Nebraska sucks is a bit over rated.

I like the State of Colorado as far as being a great place to visit. But I wouldn't want to live there any more then many would want to live in Nebraska. To each his/her own.

How do you think that compares percentage wise. There's no way to prove it, one way or the other, but I wonder what your opinion is.

How do you think that compares percentage wise. There's no way to prove it, one way or the other, but I wonder what your opinion is.

I would say if you considered the percentages relative to each school's fan base, it's probably about the same. But you are right it is hard to prove it.

Fact check-post 36.
Nebraska has a higher murder rate and a higher rate of propery crime than does Colorado.

Nebraska's unemployement rate of 4.4% is because one of the first thing someone does when they lose their job in Nebraska is to move out of state. The unemployment rate would increase if not for the government ag subsidies. NE gets more federal funds than they pay in federal taxes. Colorado is the opposite.

And the budget situation in Nebraska isn't exactly sterling.
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=711.

Fact check-post 36.
Nebraska has a higher murder rate and a higher rate of propery crime than does Colorado.

Nebraska's unemployement rate of 4.4% is because one of the first thing someone does when they lose their job in Nebraska is to move out of state. The unemployment rate would increase if not for the government ag subsidies.
NE gets more federal funds than they pay in federal taxes. Colorado is the opposite.

And the budget situation in Nebraska isn't exactly sterling.
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=711.

On your first point, you can't say that is fact. Show the proof.
Second point: Just your opinion. LOL!
Finally, Nebraska is required by it's constitution and law to balance the budget. Nebraska does have a budget short fall to take care of, but the thing is they will and come out ahead for it. I don't know about the federal fund issue. I have no proof either way and neither do you in your post.

Finally, Nebraska is required by it's constitution and law to balance the budget. Nebraska does have a budget short fall to take care of, but the thing is they will and come out ahead for it. I don't know about the federal fund issue. I have no proof either way and neither do you in your post.

Update, new website for the black and gold faithful. Buff Surveyor, it should help with you confusion.

http://www.oldgoldfreepress.com/forums/

Shoo.

Oh silly fusker proselytizer. It's all on the web.

Crime rate source: http://www.infoplease.com/us/statistics/crime-rate-state.html

Also note Boulder & Lincoln have very comparable crime rates.

Here's the net tax revenue -v- funding source:http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/22685.html#ftsbs-timeseries-20071016.

I'll leave you to connect the dots between federal subsidies and employment rates. When federal funding is bigger, are there more jobs, or less?

Oh silly fusker proselytizer. It's all on the web.

Crime rate source: http://www.infoplease.com/us/statistics/crime-rate-state.html

Also note Boulder & Lincoln have very comparable crime rates.

Here's the net tax revenue -v- funding source:http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/22685.html#ftsbs-timeseries-20071016.

I'll leave you to connect the dots between federal subsidies and employment rates. When federal funding is bigger, are there more jobs, or less?

All interesting facts, if you will, but it really doesn't prove much with the thread topic. But it is a great way to do nothing with our time until football starts up.

One thing we can agree on. For many Husker fans Colorado sucks, and for you Nebraska sucks (even worse). LOL!

There feel better?

So here, you find crime, employment and budget to be relevent, as you introduce them.

Here, you essentially say you don't believe it until someone proves it.

All interesting facts, if you will, but it really doesn't prove much with the thread topic. But it is a great way to do nothing with our time until football starts up.

One thing we can agree on. For many Husker fans Colorado sucks, and for you Nebraska sucks (even worse). LOL!

There feel better?

And suddently none of it matters anymore?

Okay.

So here, you find crime, employment and budget to be relevent, as you introduce them.

Here, you essentially say you don't believe it until someone proves it.

And suddently none of it matters anymore?

Okay.

It didn't matter before and it doesn't matter now. Just a way to pass the time.

How is the recruiting going? Oh, wait! Wrong thread.

One thing we can agree on. For many Husker fans Colorado sucks, and for you Nebraska sucks (even worse).
Actually NU sucks for everyone unless you like to **** sheep. Look at the out of state student stats for NU, I think it was around 8% last time I checked, and when do you hear of people moving from California, Colorado, Utah, etc to places like Nubland? You don't.

Actually NU sucks for everyone unless you like to **** sheep. Look at the out of state student stats for NU, I think it was around 8% last time I checked, and when do you hear of people moving from California, Colorado, Utah, etc to places like Nubland? You don't.

And I think most of their out-of-state students are from Chechnya and Turkmenistan. "The Wal-Marts are so beeee-autiful!!!!"

This has been the point from the beginning of this thread. CU/Colorado is an awesome place with fantastic things to do. We wish our football team was better-particularly against nebraska's.

nebraska is a state that aside from bass pond fishing mostly sucks balls. They did have a great football team for about four decades, and the citizens permitted that to distract them from how much the rest of their state sucked. Some folks even believed their football team's success constituted their own success.

And Nebraska has hardly been relevant in the college football world since a nightmare occured to that program in November of 2001 in Boulder, Colorado. CU ruined fusker football and it will NEVER be the same!!!

post edit: BTW...........How is the CU Basketball team doing these days? I understand they are supposed to be pretty good this year?

About as well as your team is doing. Does Nebraska have ANY basketball fans?? The "best fans in the world" don't support their university as a whole, just football? I'm not going to pretend CU's basketball support is great, but it's quickly growing as is evidenced by selling out against Okie Light and KU with a few more sellouts to come.

Oh, and CU has won a Big XII title more recently than Nebraska. You guys haven't even won one this millennium. There won't be any conference titles anytime soon for you in the Big10(+2), either. I'll take my Pac-12 South.

Last edited:
Ok, the sad thing is that video, as well meaning as it is, only starts an argument that has no place ever being had. Nebraska as a state sucks. Do a national poll of people who if they had to chose between the two for where they would have to move/vacation and you have a poll of about 90 -95 % choosing Colorado. Fact. Have you ever noticed that all the football teams that have rabid fanbases are from places that suck to live in? They travel well, because they are trying to go some place better. Hell, half of Nebraska has already moved here. The only advantage NU has is a stronger football history(hate to admit, but true). However Colorado is still a top 20 all time football institution to go along with a landslide victory in quality of life. No argument to be made.

Last edited:

I haven't read this whole thread because I don't really care, but this is the type of answer I'd expect from you. Real mature.............like I've said before no matter what time of the year it is you can find a thread about NU on your football main page. Move the **** on people! I really only visit to check out "The Pub" and that's about it, there is some good discussion and funny **** in there. If I was a Buff fan it would be ****ing annoying to see a thread about NU on the main football page all the time.

Forgot to put in, que the "but you're a Husker fan on a Buff board" typical response.

Last edited:
I haven't read this whole thread because I don't really care, but this is the type of answer I'd expect from you. Real mature.............like I've said before no matter what time of the year it is you can find a thread about NU on your football main page. Move the **** on people! I really only visit to check out "The Pub" and that's about it, there is some good discussion and funny **** in there. If I was a Buff fan it would be ****ing annoying to see a thread about NU on the main football page all the time.

Forgot to put in, que the "but you're a Husker fan on a Buff board" typical response.

No matter what time of year we can always find a nubber like you on our boards as well. Like right now. Like wise I can usually find a post or two bashing CU on the boards you visit anytime as well. I have seen many many of YOUR posts and you sir are no one to talk about maturity.

Back