1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebraska

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Lets talk about Nebraska for a little bit. I know some are gonna say go post this on fuskerpedia, some are gonna say who cares, and some huskers are gonna chime in. And yes I know Kansas is our next opponent, I have just been thinking about NU lately and I just wanted to give my opinion of the state of husker football right now.

Say what you want, but they are back. Back to being a national championship contender? No, but back to being a damn good aggressive team that will contend for the Big 12 every year and occasional MNC.

Do I like Bo Peep? No, I think he's a ****ing asshole, but I think he's a damn good coach, who CU should have gone after in 2005.

Do I like Nebraska? ****ING HELL NO, I HATE THEIR GUTS!!! But I respect them again. I have a respect for Nebraska that I haven't had for 10 years. They used to be the laughing stock of the Big 12 north, now thats Colorado.

Now the big one, do I think CU will beat Nebraska this year? I have no idea, but I like our chances. This is a game where records get thrown out the window. Based off history the last 20 years and especially the last 10, this game has lots of surprises every year. It's a rivalry game where anything can happen. Very similar to the CU/CSU series now where the best team doesn't always win, or the game is closer in what should have been a mismatch game. It would be nice to see both CU and NU being back to top 20 programs and battle for the north crown every year. Unfortunatly, NU is a lot closer to that than us.

Coloradosker and BuffSurveyor like this.
  2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

**** nebraska.

3. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Honestly i think they are overrated, they've play 2 decent team and only beaten one of them. I do like what Bo Peep is doing for them though.

4. Unleash Hell

And they almost beat a VT team who's only loss is to Alabama who could win it all.

5. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

They beat the usual 3 nobodies, lost closely to a good team, and w/o a complete meltdown could have lost to an average Missouri team. They are on the right path, but have a lot of issues of offense and in the secondary. One helluva pass rush, though.

6. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

everything is relative.

compared to the Buffs, the fuskers are the 85 bears.

compared to the whorns or dirt burglars, they are nothing more than a speed bump.

i think it is too early to say conclusively that they are "back." but, they are certainly much improved.

a lot can change over the coming weeks. the north is still wide open. mizzery can't be ruled totally out, nor can ku. and, who knows? maybe our Buffs will miraculously make a run. the conference schedule sets up favorably for CU if it can improve its play.

7. Unleash Hell

I agree abotu the north race scenario, however I do think NU stands a great chance at beating OU.

8. zbuff

NU's offense has struggled mightily against the two non-nobodies they've played. Their defense may keep them in the OU game, but I wouldn't give them a "great" chance to win.

9. sackman

Dude. Put down the crack pipe. Ain't no way in hell that the fuskers get within three scores of OU. Seriously. OU has had their problems this year, but they are still head and shoulders better than the fuskers.

10. Unleash Hell

Uh no, it's in Lincoln. Nu is better than you think.

11. sackman

Uh, no, they're not. I don't care if they play on the freaking moon. OU rolls, big time. Just because CU is craptacular doesn't automatically make the fuskers any good. They're a slightly above average team that will be up against a very talented and deep and well coached team. It won't even be close.

4DemBuffs likes this.
  12. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

Nope. Wont even be close.

13. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

With OU's inexperienced line and NU's monster front 4, I have to say NU has a chance to beat OU in Lincoln.

14. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

NU has a very good defense and a below average offense. Suh is a real animal, could be the best defensive player in the conference. I think they have the inside track to winning what is an even worse than average North.

Personally I think they had a better coaching scheme with Solich at HC and Pelini as DC. That was a good combo.

15. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

OU is gonna give the corn a world class beat down.

And **** the corn. I hope they lose every game they play.

Unleash, go have this conversation at fuskerpedia:smile2:

16. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Iowa St is the laughing stock of the Big 12 North-

17. sackman

No, they're not. :cry:

18. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

A lot of football to be played before the CU - Nebraska game. Today NU would be favored by at least a touchdown but maybe our offense will improve with Cody being benched for a quarter...

19. Unleash Hell

yep, that D-line will be all over Bradford. He wont know what to do

20. west coast

west coast Guest

i agree with unleash, NU is definitely capable of handling anyone in the big 12. i think they should have beaten v tech and have one of the best DL in the country. they flat wore missouri's ass out. that game reminded me of a buff team that was about scoreless for 3 quarters in the rain and won by a similar margin. In Lincoln. don't let your hate fog up your goggles. texas is overrated, and OU lost to BYU and Miami. class dismissed.

21. zbuff

... he'll probably just throw to one of the wide open receivers - the NU secondary is very suspect.

22. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

OU is struggling and I think they are really down this year.

Pelini has given NU an instant pickup in their play. Callahan recruited good athletes and Pelini transformed them from country-clubbers to tough football players.

My opinion is that Pelini took a talented team and changed their mentality for the better quickly. That's great. Now can he get them to the next level? Call me a doubter. This weekend is a big test for them with Texas Tech at home. Mizzou had them reeling for 2.5 quarters and then they became a turnover machine, giving the Corn the game.

Callahan recruited some offensive studs and I'm not seeing that continue under Pelini (a defensive minded coach) and Watson (a notoriously poor recruiter at CU).

23. Unleash Hell

wont have a chance

24. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Horrible thread. Would not read again.

25. Unleash Hell

good, and don't post again

26. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Given OU's struggles on the o-line and how well NU played in Blacksburg, there's no way you can write off NU's chances of beating OU, especially with the game being in Lincoln.

27. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

I don't think we struggled against the "Nobodies" that we've played:

Florida Atlantic: NU 49 FAU 3 Rushing for NU: 259 Passing for NU: 231
    Rushing for FAU: 122 Passing for FAU: 236
    Arkansas State: NU 38 ASU 9 Rushing for NU: 136 Passing for NU: 358
    Rushing for ASU: 143 Passing for ASU: 131
    Louisiana Lafayette: NU 55 ULL 0 Rushing for NU: 133 Passing for NU: 300
    Rushing for ULL: 102 Passing for ULL: 120

Good teams we've played:

Virginia Tech: NU 15 VT 16 Rushing for NU: 207 Passing for NU: 136

Missouri: NU 27 MU 12 Rushing for NU: 105 Passing for NU: 158

We've struggled only against VT and Missouri, but Missouri only had 91 rushing yards and 134 passing yards against our defense. Virginia Tech had 86 yards rushing and 192 passing yards against us.

I'm having a hard time seeing where our secondary is suspect when we did a good job against two good teams. Now I know some of you think these two teams are overrated, but you're only saying that because of your hatred for NU and you're not willing to give us credit for anything. Put down your CU bias for a minute and seriously look at things. Are we a great football team? No, we're not, but we are a good team that is much improved. That doesn't mean **** when you're on the field though. You still have to play the game and win the game, nothing is handed to you.

The times where our offense has struggled has been on the road in fairly hostile environments. Everyone knows that Blacksburg is no joke and Columbia can be pretty crazy in it's own right. That's just inexperience as a QB and not making the throws. When Lee is making the throws some of the young receiver are dropping the balls.

28. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

I agree they're on the right track with Bo. But I disagree that they'll be contending for a MNC anytime soon. As much as Bo gets on my nerves, I'd trade Hawkins for him in a heartbeat.

29. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

I hate OU nearly as bad as Nebraska, have watched EVERY OU game and a few of Nebraska's and I literally dont think it'll be close. OU wins big. NU's Dline is fantastic. Thats about it. OU is still stacked everywhere. Remember, they lost to BYU and Miami without I, ummmm, Heisman winner. He's back now.

OU blows the ****-heads out. And there's NOTHING biased about that statement...wish they'd both lose and fold programs.

And to the posters who want Pelini at CU---**** that. My God. HE IS A ****ING HUSKER AND A SACK OF CRYING, DRUNK ****. **** HIM. Whats next? Take Osborne too? We can find someone else to win, Nebraska can keep their ****ing coach's.

Disgusting.

30. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Fanatic, take a pill and calm down?! Sorry, but our RB's are pretty damn good as well. Helu is in the top 5 for rushing in the Big XII........