What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska

I don't think we struggled against the "Nobodies" that we've played:

Florida Atlantic: NU 49 FAU 3 Rushing for NU: 259 Passing for NU: 231
Rushing for FAU: 122 Passing for FAU: 236
Arkansas State: NU 38 ASU 9 Rushing for NU: 136 Passing for NU: 358
Rushing for ASU: 143 Passing for ASU: 131
Louisiana Lafayette: NU 55 ULL 0 Rushing for NU: 133 Passing for NU: 300
Rushing for ULL: 102 Passing for ULL: 120

Good teams we've played:

Virginia Tech: NU 15 VT 16 Rushing for NU: 207 Passing for NU: 136

Missouri: NU 27 MU 12 Rushing for NU: 105 Passing for NU: 158

We've struggled only against VT and Missouri, but Missouri only had 91 rushing yards and 134 passing yards against our defense. Virginia Tech had 86 yards rushing and 192 passing yards against us.

I'm having a hard time seeing where our secondary is suspect when we did a good job against two good teams. Now I know some of you think these two teams are overrated, but you're only saying that because of your hatred for NU and you're not willing to give us credit for anything. Put down your CU bias for a minute and seriously look at things. Are we a great football team? No, we're not, but we are a good team that is much improved. That doesn't mean **** when you're on the field though. You still have to play the game and win the game, nothing is handed to you.

The times where our offense has struggled has been on the road in fairly hostile environments. Everyone knows that Blacksburg is no joke and Columbia can be pretty crazy in it's own right. That's just inexperience as a QB and not making the throws. When Lee is making the throws some of the young receiver are dropping the balls.

:lol: I said struggled against non-nobodies - reading is an important skill! The secondary didn't look too good at the end of the VaTech game, when an obvious penalty wasn't called on their penultimate drive and another WR was left wide open, and then the winning pass to a wide open WR. Hey, I'm just being objective, you ought to be too (and learn to read).

I believe Nebraska is the best team in the Conference, Sunbelt that is, but I digress. NU is playing very well right now on defense and that is mainly to Suh, that dude is almost a one man defensive unit. If he goes down there defense becomes average. I do agree that I still like our chances come November because Hawkins will come up with some sort of win to allow him to keep his job and keep us average at best for the years to come. I am starting to think that unless we overhaul our program and make the effort we will be better than the Iowa States and K-States but we will never be on par with Texas and OU or even Nebraska.

Nebraska is the best team in the north I dont doubt. They arent unbeatable by any stretch but a pretty solid squad.

:lol: I said struggled against non-nobodies - reading is an important skill! The secondary didn't look too good at the end of the VaTech game, when an obvious penalty wasn't called on their penultimate drive and another WR was left wide open, and then the winning pass to a wide open WR. Hey, I'm just being objective, you ought to be too (and learn to read).

Wow trying to stretch things out to penalties not called. You're reaching now, I guess if you want to go that route we could go with all the holding calls that weren't called in the 1st quarter against Missery's offensive line on Suh. Oh and how about the B.S. personal foul calls against Suh during that game. Calls not made are a B.S. excuse for wins or losses and an easy way out. Nice job attacking the fact that I took what you said differently, real mature. :rolleyes: I think I was objective when I said we aren't a great team we are a good team that has much improved. I don't let my love for my team blind the obvious, we have areas we need to work on, but we aren't horrible.

Last edited:
Dont need to calm down.

And top 5 RUSHING in the Big 12?? :lol::congrats:

Well, until this past weekend he was ranked 1st in the Big XII I believe. That's not too bad considering the Big XII is a pretty decent conference. Let your hatred blind you, it must suck to be this angry all the time. :cool:

Well, until this past weekend he was ranked 1st in the Big XII I believe. That's not too bad considering the Big XII is a pretty decent conference. Let your hatred blind you, it must suck to be this angry all the time. :cool:

Ehhhh, I'm not angry???:confused:

As for being first for awhile in the Big 12---you guys didnt really play anyone, save for V-tech, correct?? And, uhhhh, we're in a passing conference. And uhhh, he's a nice back, but, wont beat OU. They have 2 backs better. You can/should win the North though, no doubt. Pelini's doing a nice job, I just wouldnt want HIM. Wouldnt mind his record though. But, he's not worth it.

Ehhhh, I'm not angry???:confused:

As for being first for awhile in the Big 12---you guys didnt really play anyone, save for V-tech, correct?? And, uhhhh, we're in a passing conference. And uhhh, he's a nice back, but, wont beat OU. They have 2 backs better. You can/should win the North though, no doubt. Pelini's doing a nice job, I just wouldnt want HIM. Wouldnt mind his record though. But, he's not worth it.

Alright, I gotcha, I guess there's no reason for me and you to get into it over something like this. :thumbsup:

I don't think we struggled against the "Nobodies" that we've played:

Florida Atlantic: NU 49 FAU 3 Rushing for NU: 259 Passing for NU: 231
Rushing for FAU: 122 Passing for FAU: 236
Arkansas State: NU 38 ASU 9 Rushing for NU: 136 Passing for NU: 358
Rushing for ASU: 143 Passing for ASU: 131
Louisiana Lafayette: NU 55 ULL 0 Rushing for NU: 133 Passing for NU: 300
Rushing for ULL: 102 Passing for ULL: 120

Good teams we've played:

Virginia Tech: NU 15 VT 16 Rushing for NU: 207 Passing for NU: 136

Missouri: NU 27 MU 12 Rushing for NU: 105 Passing for NU: 158

We've struggled only against VT and Missouri, but Missouri only had 91 rushing yards and 134 passing yards against our defense. Virginia Tech had 86 yards rushing and 192 passing yards against us.

I'm having a hard time seeing where our secondary is suspect when we did a good job against two good teams. Now I know some of you think these two teams are overrated, but you're only saying that because of your hatred for NU and you're not willing to give us credit for anything. Put down your CU bias for a minute and seriously look at things. Are we a great football team? No, we're not, but we are a good team that is much improved. That doesn't mean **** when you're on the field though. You still have to play the game and win the game, nothing is handed to you.

The times where our offense has struggled has been on the road in fairly hostile environments. Everyone knows that Blacksburg is no joke and Columbia can be pretty crazy in it's own right. That's just inexperience as a QB and not making the throws. When Lee is making the throws some of the young receiver are dropping the balls.

the situation is still very fluid, lots of games to play.... Helu will have to carry the load now as Burkehead is out for most of the season. the O-line still has not shown me enough toughness, Watson wont/cant go up the middle.... either they are weak or Watson is off his game and i really don't know which it is yet. did they not run the ball during a monsoon because the line is weak or because Helu had the flu/sore shoulder and burkhead already popped his foot????? NU receivers are not stars, average at best. Zac Lee has a good arm, good speed but does not show me the toughness of Ganz or even Zac Taylor for that matter let alone qbs of years past. tight ends are the only bright spot.

now the D is evolving at a faster clip, many new young names now sharing playing time especially in the backfield and lbs. Dline is very solid. Ends are average as are the linebackers as a whole. they are tougher as a unit than a year ago and as a whole, this unit is getting better with every practice and getting a winning attitude. T tech will be a good test. beat OU???? I really cant say yet but I will say they (NU) will compete, I don't see a blowout on this schedule with this D. OU is going to get dinged up this weekend as will Texas and that will keep this a fluid situation. Bradford's shoulder is another slam to the turf away from being a washout, the 2nd stringer looks good but not as good as Bradford. OU's O-line looks penetrable, NU's D-line should be a good test.

The B12N is NU's for the taking IMHO, overall no team looks better than NU at this point but that does not mean NU wins em all. other than NU most of the B12N D's look soft. If NU can find themselves offensively good things can happen. The games I have seen of CU has more to do with heart than talent, they still seem like they could compete if they zenmaster gets his game on. ISU, KSU even KU have not shown me anything.

Lets talk about Nebraska for a little bit. I know some are gonna say go post this on fuskerpedia, some are gonna say who cares, and some huskers are gonna chime in. And yes I know Kansas is our next opponent, I have just been thinking about NU lately and I just wanted to give my opinion of the state of husker football right now.

Say what you want, but they are back. Back to being a national championship contender? No, but back to being a damn good aggressive team that will contend for the Big 12 every year and occasional MNC.

Do I like Bo Peep? No, I think he's a ****ing asshole, but I think he's a damn good coach, who CU should have gone after in 2005.

Do I like Nebraska? ****ING HELL NO, I HATE THEIR GUTS!!! But I respect them again. I have a respect for Nebraska that I haven't had for 10 years. They used to be the laughing stock of the Big 12 north, now thats Colorado.

Now the big one, do I think CU will beat Nebraska this year? I have no idea, but I like our chances. This is a game where records get thrown out the window. Based off history the last 20 years and especially the last 10, this game has lots of surprises every year. It's a rivalry game where anything can happen. Very similar to the CU/CSU series now where the best team doesn't always win, or the game is closer in what should have been a mismatch game. It would be nice to see both CU and NU being back to top 20 programs and battle for the north crown every year. Unfortunatly, NU is a lot closer to that than us.

Here you go. I came home from work, cook some supper and settle in to read some news and sports on my computer, and find my way to Allbuffs to find out any news regarding the QB situation. Being a Husker fan, the first thing my eyes are naturally drawn to is the word "Nebraska".

Unleash Hell: You deserve a positive rep for this post. It is all very well stated and thought out. Pelini is not an ***hole. You will find out as time goes on. He is a heck of a coach. Keep on "hating Nebraska". It makes things fun between the two schools when the fans have passion.

Finally, Positive reps to the rest of the Buff posters. There were 26 posts before a Husker fan chimed in. There was some interesting conversation going on there.

Oh Yea, I almost forgot: Not sure I should put this in print around here, but I will. Come the end of Novembr, "I Hate The Buffs!"

Last edited:
Wow trying to stretch things out to penalties not called. You're reaching now, I guess if you want to go that route we could go with all the holding calls that weren't called in the 1st quarter against Missery's offensive line on Suh. Oh and how about the B.S. personal foul calls against Suh during that game. Calls not made are a B.S. excuse for wins or losses and an easy way out. Nice job attacking the fact that I took what you said differently, real mature. :rolleyes: I think I was objective when I said we aren't a great team we are a good team that has much improved. I don't let my love for my team blind the obvious, we have areas we need to work on, but we aren't horrible.

Stretch? That's called a fact. Hard for you fuskers to live with, I understand that, I mean, it's all you've got. sorry, dude You'd have lost to Missouri if their QB hadn't decided not to start throwing exclusively to your defenders. Besides the pass rush, you don't really have much on defense. Fortunately for you, that pass rush is tremendous. Attack? Again, just the truth. You seem to have issues with that.

NU didn't run the ball against Mizz for multiple reasons.

Lee cannot take many snaps from under center because of his fractured thumb, and Helu was fighting the flu so he couldn't handle the load. Burkhead is not yet able to be the full time back.

The plan had to be adjusted for this.

With Burkhead out now, the running game will suffer quite a bit if Helu can't handle the load.

I hate OU nearly as bad as Nebraska, have watched EVERY OU game and a few of Nebraska's and I literally dont think it'll be close. OU wins big. NU's Dline is fantastic. Thats about it. OU is still stacked everywhere. Remember, they lost to BYU and Miami without I, ummmm, Heisman winner. He's back now.

OU blows the ****-heads out. And there's NOTHING biased about that statement...wish they'd both lose and fold programs.

And to the posters who want Pelini at CU---**** that. My God. HE IS A ****ING HUSKER AND A SACK OF CRYING, DRUNK ****. **** HIM. Whats next? Take Osborne too? We can find someone else to win, Nebraska can keep their ****ing coach's.

Disgusting.
If you really have watched every OU game then tell me this, what was the score of the BYU game when Bradford went down? How about OU's defense against Miami? Why is it that OU let Baylor's offense, with their 3rd string QB, move the ball on them all game at home? If they're the same OU as they were last season, why didn't they put up 50+ on Baylor? I'm not gonna make a prediction on OU/NU till I see both teams play some more but I will tell you this: OU's offensive line is leaking like a sieve. They have injuries and inconsistent play all over to the point that they have not had the same starting 5 for 2 games in a row yet. NU's D line will feast on that. They cannot run the ball. OU's receivers, without Broyles, are no better than Mizzery's and NU's secondary blanketed MU's all game long, save one play where the DB fell down. Can NU move the ball? Dunno, but it's gonna be a hell of a game.

If you really have watched every OU game then tell me this, what was the score of the BYU game when Bradford went down? How about OU's defense against Miami? Why is it that OU let Baylor's offense, with their 3rd string QB, move the ball on them all game at home? If they're the same OU as they were last season, why didn't they put up 50+ on Baylor? I'm not gonna make a prediction on OU/NU till I see both teams play some more but I will tell you this: OU's offensive line is leaking like a sieve. They have injuries and inconsistent play all over to the point that they have not had the same starting 5 for 2 games in a row yet. NU's D line will feast on that. They cannot run the ball. OU's receivers, without Broyles, are no better than Mizzery's and NU's secondary blanketed MU's all game long, save one play where the DB fell down. Can NU move the ball? Dunno, but it's gonna be a hell of a game.

You won't get any rational answers. OU game will be a good game. If OU plays Bradford it will be even better. I doubt they will be running on us and there won't be the TE mismatch this year.

Real test is how will we move it on them. I'm not sure our cast of receivers will be able to get open.

A game against Texas would be a dream this year. One dimensional if ever there was one. Cover Shipley and they are done.

First---I hate to come across as an apologist for OU, i LOATHE them, but, they'll murder NU. The score of the BYU game when Bradford went down was, I have no idea. I think OU was up 6, somewhere in that neighborhood? I dont put a whole lot of stock into the first half of the first game of the year on a neutral field against a good opponent. Up 6 at half is fine by me.
Second---OU's o-line will be fine come Nebraksa time. They are defintly their weak point. No doubt. "weak".
Third- Broyles will be back as early as Saturday. Bradfords back. Uh-oh.

Prediction--it wont be a hell of a game.

Stretch? That's called a fact. Hard for you fuskers to live with, I understand that, I mean, it's all you've got. sorry, dude You'd have lost to Missouri if their QB hadn't decided not to start throwing exclusively to your defenders. Besides the pass rush, you don't really have much on defense. Fortunately for you, that pass rush is tremendous. Attack? Again, just the truth. You seem to have issues with that.

Nope no issues, the two interceptions that Gabbert threw were great defensive plays. Suh stopped in his tracks read Gabberts eyes and jumped up to intercept that ball. Gabbert couldn't see him due to the offensive line in front of him. Gomes broke on the pass by Gabbert and basically picked that ball of the ground. Those weren't thrown directly to the defenders, they were well played. FACT

First---I hate to come across as an apologist for OU, i LOATHE them, but, they'll murder NU. The score of the BYU game when Bradford went down was, I have no idea. I think OU was up 6, somewhere in that neighborhood? I dont put a whole lot of stock into the first half of the first game of the year on a neutral field against a good opponent. Up 6 at half is fine by me.
Second---OU's o-line will be fine come Nebraksa time. They are defintly their weak point. No doubt. "weak".

Our offensive line sucks as well...............I give you the Missery game as an example. They didn't wake the hell up until the 4th quarter, had mulitiple penalties, and didn't pick up their blocking assignments. I don't know how many times a Missery LB broke through our line to tackle Helu in the backfield.........that's a f-ing missed assignment if I've ever seen one!

1. They were tied at 7 a few seconds before half. Dallas is hardly neutral when you're playing BYU.
2. Really hard to gel as a unit when you have interchangable players coming in and out every game. Not something that's easily fixed and it doesn't look like they've done much to improve it if they can't run on BAYLOR.
3. His return makes them much more dangerous, but if NU can make them one-dimensional as they did with Mizzery, expect a very close game. But since you seem to think it's gonna be a blowout go ahead and put your paycheck on it. Easy money, right?:thumbsup:

Our offensive line sucks as well...............I give you the Missery game as an example. They didn't wake the hell up until the 4th quarter, had mulitiple penalties, and didn't pick up their blocking assignments. I don't know how many times a Missery LB broke through our line to tackle Helu in the backfield.........that's a f-ing missed assignment if I've ever seen one!

The problem wasn't necessarily the line, although they have proven to be far from game changers.

The problem was the play against the alignment. You can't run the stoooopid stretch play against the stacked box. The reach block won't stop the linebackes shooting the gaps.

NU had to run right at the alignment but couldn't due to Helu & Lee's respective conditions. Early in the game they made yards running straigh at them, man on man.

The problem wasn't necessarily the line, although they have proven to be far from game changers.

The problem was the play against the alignment. You can't run the stoooopid stretch play against the stacked box. The reach block won't stop the linebackes shooting the gaps.

NU had to run right at the alignment but couldn't due to Helu & Lee's respective conditions. Early in the game they made yards running straigh at them, man on man.

Maybe so, but I witnessed some truly ****ty O-line play in that first half. I agree the play calling was a little retarded, but if Helu couldn't handle the carries maybe he shouldn't have gotten so many? He still played okay, but not great by any means.

Nope no issues, the two interceptions that Gabbert threw were great defensive plays. Suh stopped in his tracks read Gabberts eyes and jumped up to intercept that ball. Gabbert couldn't see him due to the offensive line in front of him. Gomes broke on the pass by Gabbert and basically picked that ball of the ground. Those weren't thrown directly to the defenders, they were well played. FACT

:lol: Your panties in an uproar is why you misread my other post. The INT by Suh was a great play - no question. But Gabbert tried hard to throw INTs on 3 consecutive plays before their last FG, balls thrown directly to defenders that your boys didn't catch. The other INT you did make was also thrown right to the defender and yeah, he caught it, but he would have looked bad had he not. And for facts, go watch the last two drives by Va Tech (wide open receivers and yes, an obvious penalty). If you want to pretend you have great DBs, okay. If you want to see a bunch of rose-colored support, skip to Leash's posts or better, go back to fuskerland. Now before your panties get another lift - that comment only applies to looking for NU sunshine pumping.

If you actually think we don't have a chance against OU you're clueless. OU has been exposed. Miami beat them and VT kicked the **** out of Miami. I'm not saying we're going to win but playin in red nation this year against this team is going to be a very big chore for OU...especially if we come into the game with only one loss.

Our offense is fine. We played one of the most stout D's in the nation in VT and 3 out of 4 quarters in columbia were monsoon like conditions...its hard to do anything in that kind of weather. The only thing that worries me is Burkhead is now out and Helu is kind of dinged from the Mizzou game. If Lee comes into the game with a cool head I think we win the game. So far, Lee is playing outstanding ball in memorial stadium.

If you actually think we don't have a chance against OU you're clueless. OU has been exposed. Miami beat them and VT kicked the **** out of Miami. I'm not saying we're going to win but playin in red nation this year against this team is going to be a very big chore for OU...especially if we come into the game with only one loss.

Our offense is fine. We played one of the most stout D's in the nation in VT and 3 out of 4 quarters in columbia were monsoon like conditions...its hard to do anything in that kind of weather. The only thing that worries me is Burkhead is now out and Helu is kind of dinged from the Mizzou game. If Lee comes into the game with a cool head I think we win the game. So far, Lee is playing outstanding ball in memorial stadium.
I'm no Nebraska fan, but I am a Bo Pelini fan. I posted right here 4 years ago - he would be a good coach for CU. But nooooooooooo! He's too rough around the edges, isn't the slick media grabbing charlatan like Juicebox. "We will compete for national championships", he must have been referring to the ski team. I think Nebraska has a good chance of beating both OU and Texas, and I hate Nebraska. You Fuskers got a real good man in Bo.

Back