What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Need a little help

Do you have a dog? My wife bought a dog toy that looks like a ref, and when something goes wrong, I can throw it at the TV and my Black Lab brings it back to me for the next play. (the Chocolate Lab hides in the closet until the game is over)

Yeah, I do that, too. Problem is that sometimes I break stuff. Like remotes. I've also put a dent or two in the wall. I always patch it up, but I feel like a complete idot afterwards.

If there was something tangible, yet cheap, that could be broken with no consequences, that might do the trick.

I wear a hat specifically for throwing. You can chuck it at the TV and unless it's the perfect storm of a throw, no big deal. :smile2:

After getting married I had to learn not to yell obscenities (I still let a few "douchebag"s slip, but what can I say, I'm working on it). Now, I have to learn not to yell at all. This whole "family" thing is bull****! :lol:

I'm a lot better than I used to be, but I'm not sure any of you want to take the measures I had to:

1) quit drinking
2) not care as much about the game's outcome (this most-definitely makes the pain of lossed less, but also dulls the thrills of victory)

Not until I did both did my in-game antics get better.

I don't want to throw stuff at the TV. It's a brand new TV and I spent what I consider to be a lot of money on it. If I put so much as scratch on that thing, I'll be looking for a divorce lawyer.

Throwing stuff in the general direction of the TV doesn't work, either. Too much breakable stuff in the general viscinity.

Yeah, I do that, too. Problem is that sometimes I break stuff. Like remotes. I've also put a dent or two in the wall. I always patch it up, but I feel like a complete idot afterwards.

If there was something tangible, yet cheap, that could be broken with no consequences, that might do the trick.

Wear a hat. Then throw it against a wall. Worst case you're replacing a $15 hat (if you somehow manage to bust it up). Works everytime.:thumbsup:

I have a big CU pillow that I'll throw a couple (or 10 in a row) good punches into while growling a little bit :lol: ....i also like to take my jersey off and throw it into the corner, then pick it up and do the same thing too...both usually help me keep my voice in check

Wear headphones so you don't hear the wife saying "It's just a GAME, honey." :smile2:

I'm a lot better than I used to be, but I'm not sure any of you want to take the measures I had to:

1) quit drinking
2) not care as much about the game's outcome (this most-definitely makes the pain of lossed less, but also dulls the thrills of victory)

Not until I did both did my in-game antics get better.

**** that.:lol:

I told you that it wouldn't be popular. But I guess it's a case of the ends justifying the means, unfortunately.

I told you that it wouldn't be popular. But I guess it's a case of the ends justifying the means, unfortunately.

Not in my house! In my house I go down to the basement and yell/scream all I want. I'm pretty good about keeping the obscenities in check, though.

This thread is epic. Thank you for cheering up a really crappy day at work.

So, a friend of mine had a little girl who was 4. One day, during March Madness, she came in the kitchen chanting something. My friend stopped what she was doing and listened for a second. Sure enough, her daughter is chanting, "Jesus sucks, jesus sucks", which she was sure would come out the next time they were at church. She wandered into the other room where her husband was screaming at the screen, "Jesus Christ, you guys suck!". They had a nice little sit down chat.

Now, my serious advice. Suck it up and calm down. You're a parent and a role model now and it's only going to get worse as your daughter gets older. Show her you can be passionate about the Buffs without being an asshole.

Otherwise, Mrs. Sacky is right.

Sorry.

It is really a matter of desensitization. Watch a bunch of our old games from the 2-10 season and your synapses will burn out from the overwhleming amount of suck. Then in your newly numbed state watch the current game. You'll look like you hade a lobotomy but you won't get too freaked out. I also recomend a Red Lobster bib to catch the drool.

The real point is...let it go dude. I love them to but this is football. It isn't like our entire political system going down the drain or anything...wait...oh F**K!

Last edited:
Suggestion - Have a huge thick pillow by your side so you can rant into it all you want and the family only hears muffled garbles (please have that photographed and posted if you choose this option)

or

Call Hawkins up and tell him for the sake of your daughters healthy development and your continued marital status the Buffs are just going to have to win out from this point on :smile2:

It is really a matter of desensitization. Watch a bunch of our old games from the 2-10 season and your synapses will burn out from the overwhleming amount of suck. Then in your newly numbed state watch the current game. You'll look like you hade a lobotomy but you won't get too freaked out. I also recomend a Red Lobster bib to catch the drool.

:lol:...no crap, if you watch B-Jax for a couple hours by the time the Kansas game starts Cody will look like John Elway

After thinking it over, I believe I've come to a resolution. I'll TIVO the game, and start watching it at around noon. I'll fast forward through all the parts where CU's playing defense. If I happen to catch something that looks like a great defensive play, I'll rewind and watch it. On offense, if they piss me off, I can always just fast forward to the next play.

You could also be in chat here during the game whilst watching and post your obscenity-laced tirades instead of shouting. While typing "****ing goddamn cocksucking sonofamother****ing ****tweezing ****whore" doesn't have quite the same satisfaction as saying it, at least it's better than not watching it live.

You could also be in chat here during the game whilst watching and post your obscenity-laced tirades instead of shouting. While typing "****ing goddamn cocksucking sonofamother****ing ****tweezing ****whore" doesn't have quite the same satisfaction as saying it, at least it's better than not watching it live.

Not a bad idea.... hmmmmmmm.

Not a bad idea.... hmmmmmmm.

It has been known to work for me in the past, not that there are any younguns around my place that I need to worry about. On a nice day when the windows are open I do like to lessen the chances of the neighbors calling the cops... :cool:

dude, you and I have the same disease. Here's my advice.

Figure out what's important, and when you do, quit being such a ****ing pussy, and Jebus Effin' Keerist, dump your wife--fight for visitation of your daughter on any day other than Saturday. Give your wife anything she wants in the settlement EXCEPT the HDTV...that's yours sir, you've earned it.

I know why the caged bird sings. You gotta be your own man, brother!

I hope that helps.

OK, here's my situation. I get really keyed up watching the Buffs on TV. To the point where I'm not allowed to watch the games at home anymore. We have a 5-year old daughter, who doesn't need to hear my profane rantings. Problem is, we just got HD put in and I really want to see this game on the beautifulness of a LCD HD set.

Any recommendations as to how to keep your temper and emotions under control while watching the Buffs on TV would be greatly appreciated.

Hey man, why do you have to be yelling at the tv??? Maybe you should go bowling during the game???

oh btw.... I am just glad i dont have a 5 year old, the dogs run and hide outside for hours when I watch the Sooners play, especially teams from tejas... I'm just glad I am not alone anymore.....:thumbsup:

After thinking it over, I believe I've come to a resolution. I'll TIVO the game, and start watching it at around noon. I'll fast forward through all the parts where CU's playing defense. If I happen to catch something that looks like a great defensive play, I'll rewind and watch it. On offense, if they piss me off, I can always just fast forward to the next play.
Exactly what I did for the FSU game....I was able to "watch" the entire game in less than an hour...

Put on a shock collar and give the ladies in your life the button.

Seriously, TIVO is a beautiful thing. At least you are in control of something.
The one TIVO setback is that you have to record the programming that follows the game. You'll scream like a banshee when the final 5 minutes of play didn't get recorded.

Oh yeah, go work out or get laid during the first hour of the game, when the TIVO is doing it's thing. The endorphin rush on the front end takes the edge off the need for scream therapy.

The problem is you got no problem. What you need to do is go cheat on your wife, or rob a bank or commit a murder or volunteer in Darfur or have your daughter come down with a terminal disease (I really hope not), I promise your need to yell at the buffs will evaporate in a flash. Missing a tackle is not a problem. It's just football.

By the way the internet chat thing works good too. In the past I've had F*ck! copied to my clipboard so I could ctrl/V enter it over and over again really fast and plaster a machine gun blast of f*cks into the chat. Pretty satisfying.

Painkillers.

You shouldn't have any problems in the future, though, as the Buffs are sure to win the remainder of their games in convincing fashion.

Hey man, why do you have to be yelling at the tv??? Maybe you should go bowling during the game???

oh btw.... I am just glad i dont have a 5 year old, the dogs run and hide outside for hours when I watch the Sooners play, especially teams from tejas... I'm just glad I am not alone anymore.....:thumbsup:

Duh! Cause they can't hear when you don't; they are too far away.:smile2:

Back