What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Negative Nancy

Jesus, chill out. All I'm saying is that I've personally been irritated by some of the claims the kid has made that weren't backed up. That's all.

I except the fact that he's not surrounded by talent and has been in a messed up situation for the past few years, but the fact of the matter is HE HASN'T BEEN A GOOD QB AND NEEDS A ****LOAD OF IMPROVEMENT IN ORDER FOR THIS TEAM TO HAVE ANY CHANCE.

Trying to figure out wtf this double-negative means...

Now is the summer of our discontent.

I realize that we are all sick of losing games. I realize we are sick of losing in-state recruits. But geez, I feel like the new staff is being punished by some fans for the sins of the old staff.

I mean look at the negative feelings being espoused by big buff fans on this site. We expect high school kids to just sign up for CU because we have some good recruiters when our own fans are not sold on the coaching staff yet?

I get that it is summertime and we don't have much to talk about. I also get that we had a really rough week when it comes to recruiting. But to me summer means hope.

I'm also afraid we are only going to win 4-6 games this year and fans will turn on the coaching staff.

I'm not gonna read all three pages. What did I miss?

Signed,

The farmer-tanned with a red shiny face Walrus

I realize that we are all sick of losing games. I realize we are sick of losing in-state recruits. But geez, I feel like the new staff is being punished by some fans for the sins of the old staff.

I mean look at the negative feelings being espoused by big buff fans on this site. We expect high school kids to just sign up for CU because we have some good recruiters when our own fans are not sold on the coaching staff yet?

I get that it is summertime and we don't have much to talk about. I also get that we had a really rough week when it comes to recruiting. But to me summer means hope.

I'm also afraid we are only going to win 4-6 games this year and fans will turn on the coaching staff.

This does not describe me. I think we'll win 4-5 games and the staff won't get hammered for it (at least I won't), because we will show up. I do think we need to show up to bolster this recruiting class - our circumstances are what they are and having a big class this year doesn't change that. It does mean we may suffer a bit longer if our average talent level doesn't steadily improve and this big class obviously impacts that. You can't blame kids for wanting to attend/play at a very good school (e.g., JCF has a better chance of winning titles at USC in the next 4 years). It will be interesting to see what Thurston says about his recruiting, if the coaching staff experience had anything to do with it.

Would this have been a better quote from Tyler?

“This offseason has been a real change. Our strength and conditioning for the summer is better, but coming from one of the worst run off-season programs it’s tough to tell exactly how much better it is. You can tell we are now training for football games rather than Olympic power lifting events.
We feel this will help use in the upcoming season, but let’s face it, this is going to be a brutal season. We will play 13 weeks straight. The NFL teams don’t even do that. We have a schedule that is one of the toughest in the nation. The easiest team on our schedule views the game we play against them as their entire season. If they played that way the rest of the year they would probably be in the top 1/3 of the MWC. We are learning a whole new system, which is different for everyone on the team because we haven’t had a system before. In priors years we just ran plays and hoped that they worked. There are going to be some growing pains involved with getting everyone on the field to be able to read the defense and know what to do. I know this year is big for me as I haven’t had the opportunity to play a whole season yet. Having my red shirt pulled twice hasn’t helped. Because of all these factors we are all just hoping we are bowl eligible at the end of the year.”

New name of "ass_white Buff_since76"

My whole issue with this program for the last several years is the goalposts are continually moved in terms of defining "success". It was a huge issue during the Hawkins era and I feel like it is already happening in the Embree era with recruiting. I know it is only June, but to hear some people talk, we are going to flip 10-15 blue chips by February. Not gonna happen. We also are not going to be able to land 20 players after the season is over. Somehow, someway, the coaches are going to have to convince some kids to jump in this class without seeing results on the field. This staff was assembled in part due to collective recruiting prowess. I do not think it is unreasonable to expect them to be beating out some programs for talented football players.

As far as on-field performance, I think we are looking at 5-6 wins, but that does not mean we should not have some expectations for these coaches right away. I think a reasonable expectation for the offense is to improve scoring offense by about 30 spots to be top 50 in the country. I think it is reasonable to expect better special teams right away. I have no real expectations for the defense.

My whole issue with this program for the last several years is the goalposts are continually moved in terms of defining "success". It was a huge issue during the Hawkins era and I feel like it is already happening in the Embree era with recruiting. I know it is only June, but to hear some people talk, we are going to flip 10-15 blue chips by February. Not gonna happen. We also are not going to be able to land 20 players after the season is over. Somehow, someway, the coaches are going to have to convince some kids to jump in this class without seeing results on the field. This staff was assembled in part due to collective recruiting prowess. I do not think it is unreasonable to expect them to be beating out some programs for talented football players.

As far as on-field performance, I think we are looking at 5-6 wins, but that does not mean we should not have some expectations for these coaches right away. I think a reasonable expectation for the offense is to improve scoring offense by about 30 spots to be top 50 in the country. I think it is reasonable to expect better special teams right away. I have no real expectations for the defense.

Wait a second, embree and staff will have a full year under their belt. The blue chips are being lined up. Way early to get too concerned but as far as in-state recruiting,they are getting schooled. I thought these guys would have some bigger names on the board but until they start winning games and having winning seasons, won't matter.

Reading 4 wins from people is making me ill. Really? Another year of hawk-like results? Being competitive and winning 4-5 games is lame.

I don't think we need to stick with colors. I think dply should become 'Angel Soft Dply'. Or just Charmin.

And a new avatar:

bear1.jpg

I might just keep posting becasue I enjoy looking at that girls ass.

I tend to not multi quote but just respond as I read them. But with my new avatar I am ok with that.

Which also means the pool with the girls is torture. MILF heaven around there.

Last edited:
Wait a second, embree and staff will have a full year under their belt. The blue chips are being lined up. Way early to get too concerned but as far as in-state recruiting,they are getting schooled. I thought these guys would have some bigger names on the board but until they start winning games and having winning seasons, won't matter.

Reading 4 wins from people is making me ill. Really? Another year of hawk-like results? Being competitive and winning 4-5 games is lame.

From an "I-want-to-go-to-CU-where-they-win-football-games" standpoint, Hawkins left this program far more "burned to the ground" than when he started. This week we're seeing what happens when you don't win games. And where do you find more wins next year, with our schedule, talent, and a new offensive scheme? And I mean realistically, not hopefully because you think we should "normally" beat this team or that. I don't see any guaranteed Ws, CSU being the closest but we all know **** happens in that game sometimes. I don't like it either, but my eyes are open.

I hope our recruiting class isn't going to be tied to our # of wins this fall. I just don't see us doing all that well given the schedule. We need to be able to sell these kids on hope and promise.

I think the problem is that there are many more good west coast teams that recruits want to go to like Oregon, Oregon St., Boise St., Cal, and Stanford. I don't think these teams drew many blue chippers away in the past. Now the competition is brutal. I just don't see CU going into Cali or Texas and getting the best players from in-state schools. We're stuck with finding the diamonds in the rough that don't have many offers - like the vast majority of our commits nwo.

And yes, you guys should all changed your names to reflect your skin color.

Well, then this makes me HugeWhiteGroove.

On another note, TH has also said that he wants to be the leader on the field and is putting that on his shoulders. Can't say I take his latest comments as negative.

Back