What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Negative Nancy

I.E. the recruiting tied to wins thing... I think one thing people forget is that some teams just unexpectedly win. Maryland 2000-2001 is an example (bad years to first year head coach dominating) I can think of off the top of my head, although there is many teams who have done this. While it is not all too common, we have seem to have been a very snakebitten program with luck going in the bad direction since 1996ish.... therefore my optimistic personality believes that it is possible for JE and company to quickly turn around this program (with a little luck and some upsets) and at least deliver us a winning season in year 1. 7-6ish type season would do wonders for recruiting and our future... pac 12 is not as top heavy as the big 12 was (especially with USC down) and I can easily see us as one of the top 3 teams along with Oregon and USC in 3-4 years... as we should be. I know we have been down for awhile but I still honestly believe, deep down, that we should be and will be one of the top 10 teams in the country and equal to or better than Washington, USC and Oregon. And I think we should quit being realists in the short term sense who talk and act like an average teams fanbase and act with more pride and prestige, because we are fans of one of the best damn programs in college football history and that mindset will help with recruiting, confidence and wins... we have more influence on the program than we'd like to believe! Also I'm drunk... but this is pretty heartfelt and honest!

I.E. the recruiting tied to wins thing... I think one thing people forget is that some teams just unexpectedly win. Maryland 2000-2001 is an example (bad years to first year head coach dominating) I can think of off the top of my head, although there is many teams who have done this. While it is not all too common, we have seem to have been a very snakebitten program with luck going in the bad direction since 1996ish.... therefore my optimistic personality believes that it is possible for JE and company to quickly turn around this program (with a little luck and some upsets) and at least deliver us a winning season in year 1. 7-6ish type season would do wonders for recruiting and our future... pac 12 is not as top heavy as the big 12 was (especially with USC down) and I can easily see us as one of the top 3 teams along with Oregon and USC in 3-4 years... as we should be. I know we have been down for awhile but I still honestly believe, deep down, that we should be and will be one of the top 10 teams in the country and equal to or better than Washington, USC and Oregon. And I think we should quit being realists in the short term sense who talk and act like an average teams fanbase and act with more pride and prestige, because we are fans of one of the best damn programs in college football history and that mindset will help with recruiting, confidence and wins... we have more influence on the program than we'd like to believe! Also I'm drunk... but this is pretty heartfelt and honest!

Half these guys have already turned on Embree based on early recruiting in a state that will never, by itself, support a top-10 program with its talent alone. Unbelievable. He hasn't even played any games yet and he will not be able to pull top 10-20 recruiting classes until the Buffs win consistently. That said, when was the last time we were talking about 7 commits in June? This kind of crap makes me want to shut off All-Buffs for a while and I'm no sunshine pumper.

Kids in HS here are just kids. Let Jon get the kid of kids that will kick ass form where he can get them. As long as the Buffs get tough and start kicking some butt, then perceptions will change and we can get the in-state kids. I am tired of crucifying the staff before they can play a game. If the team looks soft on the field I will start to worry. I don't think that will happen however.

Back