What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nelson Spruce

It would be racist if I said his end zone celebrations were bad because he cannot dance. But I did not, so it's all good.

Racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Actually your post was textbook racism. If you had said a comment about a black player's ability due to the color of his skin it would have absolutely been the same thing. Just because somebody isn't a minority, doesn't make commentary about their abilities and skin color any less racist. I know you didn't mean any harm, but doesn't change facts.

Racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Actually your post was textbook racism. If you had said a comment about a black player's ability due to the color of his skin it would have absolutely been the same thing. Just because somebody isn't a minority, doesn't make commentary about their abilities and skin color any less racist. I know you didn't mean any harm, but doesn't change facts.
This isn't the forum for that man, it was a joke relax. U know we have turmoil when I'm the voice of reason lol.

I don't get the comparison to McCaffrey. Steady Eddy was 6'-5". He was a big guy. Spruce is 6'-1". I'd go more with the Welker comparison.

He also reminds me of Jeff Campbell. And Jeff Samardzija(football version).

This isn't the forum for that man, it was a joke relax. U know we have turmoil when I'm the voice of reason lol.

Oh got it. Racist jokes are okay. Fire away. You are completely blinded by a double standard. If it was a racist joke about a black player, people would have called it out. Facts are facts.

No I'm not blinded by it at all. I know it exists, I just get my peers respect by earning it. Whatever they say behind my back, idgaf. Tells me all I need to know about whoever it is. Color doesn't matter to me, respect does, in person at least. Again discussion for another forum.

As high as I was on Spruce coming into this season, he's on a pace that blows my inflated expectations out of the water.

One of the big bright spots with Spruce playing like he is, Fields having just short of 100 yards (while drawing 30 yards for us in PI penalties) and Bobo breaking through today... we've got a nice WR corps developing.

I agree, definitely a very smart player, uses his mental skills to get open to mask any shortcomings he may have compared to the defense he is facing. But it's not like he's a dark horse, he's been great for years.

You get real ****ed up, nobody sees you can't dance. The black guys do because they watch lol. Eddie Murphy, sorry.
Totally made me think about this scene:
[video=youtube;pjlw4Edt-e8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjlw4Edt-e8[/video]
"Black guys, help the white guys...."

2nd best WR in the last decade at CU? Prich at #1. Spruce and McKnight battle to the death for #2

Oh got it. Racist jokes are okay. Fire away. You are completely blinded by a double standard. If it was a racist joke about a black player, people would have called it out. Facts are facts.

This is the reason that I pointed it out. That and Duff posts like a tween.

Sometimes inside jokes are lost on outsiders.

Although Buffedup has been here long enough to know what Duff was getting at.

Sometimes inside jokes are lost on outsiders.

:nod:

For the record, Duff has been praising and promoting Spruce for the entire offseason as a fantastic WR. While doing this, he's also been ripping on all the folks who try to draw comparisons between Spruce and any successful white WR they can think of. He's been fighting the good fight against that racist perception for years. His post to open this thread was dripping with sarcasm.

2nd best WR in the last decade at CU? Prich at #1. Spruce and McKnight battle to the death for #2

Love Scotty but by the time this is over isn't even going to be close. Spruce is a much more complete reciever. Both have very good hands but Spruce while not giant is bigger and can run a wider variety of routes. He is also better with the ball after the catch. Add to that being a better blocker and Spruce ends up way ahead.

Spruce is also a better blocker

Back