What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nelson Spruce

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Our most complete WR by a mile. Not the fastest guy, but he really understands route running and is fearless about going in the middle of the field. Also has great hands.

Rewatching the game this morning with coffee, Spruce is a good WR. Not a speedster but yeah a McKnight type. Good to have.

He favors Scotty but hes a bigger dude. Hes gonna be a very good one here. Hes one of those guys that somehow the ball finds him when u need it most. Hes playing really well.

Spruce would be a great complement to P-Rich. 2013 should be exciting.

Although G. Thomas has electric speed, he doesn't get open and really has a lot to learn here.

Spruce is doing well. McC needs to learn to use his body better.

Was mostly impressed with the Move TE's. Saw Thornton and Slavin really add a lot to the offense.

If they can keep integrating the TE's and next season you have GT, Spruce, P-Rich and Company, we can go from being weakest link to a huge asset. The backs are developing nicely as well, and Webb may have just had his defining moment. Just gotta fix that damn o-line!

If they can keep integrating the TE's and next season you have GT, Spruce, P-Rich and Company, we can go from being weakest link to a huge asset. The backs are developing nicely as well, and Webb may have just had his defining moment. Just gotta fix that damn o-line!

Tap the brakes a bit.:wink2:

Well if nothing else, we got some confidence yesterday. That third down **** was pissing me off. Like to see our corners more physical, hard to cover when u play 10 off, especially with a slant happy team. They short route u to death, then boom, they hit the wheel.

Thornton looked good and I was good to see him get some PT. if the lightbulb ever turns on for him he could be a very dangerous weapon for us. Klatt said that Hobbs didnt make the trip. Anyone know why not. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in the offense.

Spruce was treemendous yesterday. Seriously though, I think that he probably has a higher ceiling than Scotty. Spruce is at least 3 inches taller than Scotty and I think that makes some balls catchable for Spruce that Scotty just couldn't get. If he keeps improving, he'll have a huge impact in many future games to come.

Spruce was treemendous yesterday. Seriously though, I think that he probably has a higher ceiling than Scotty. Spruce is at least 3 inches taller than Scotty and I think that makes some balls catchable for Spruce that Scotty just couldn't get. If he keeps improving, he'll have a huge impact in many future games to come.

You really went out on a limb there

Last edited:
If we can get Gerald Thomas going a bit, then Spruce and Thomas could be a nice combo

Back