What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Neuheisel or how ever you spell in new UCLA coach

True, but what has he really done?

He blind-sided Colorado when he left. Many coaches and employees in general do this to their employers.

NCAA came down on him for violating the "spirit" of the recruiting rules. He "bumped" recruits instead of contacting recruits in a manner expressly prohibited by the rules. At most, his mistake was that he liberally interpreted NCAA rules to gain a recruiting advantage. He took his medicine from the NCAA and moved on.

He gambled on the NCAA tourney when an internal UW memo said he could. Keep in mind he got $2.5M from the NCAA and $2M from UW in connection with a wrongful termination suit. This suit went to trial, the parties settled before a verdict came down.

He lied to NCAA investigators when asked about gambling, and did not honestly discuss the situation with the NCAA until he had met with UW officials. Many people would do this. The NCAA lied about their existing bylaws at the time Skippy was first contacted.

I think he has been unfairly miscast as a total scumbag. By no means do I think Skippy is an upstanding individual, but I do think the public's perception of Skippy is not in line with his past conduct.
Didn't UW get po'd at him because he went to interview with San Francisco and told them a tale of being on vacation or something???

Didn't UW get po'd at him because he went to interview with San Francisco and told them a tale of being on vacation or something???

That's right. He was caught in a lie by their AD. He went for a "sit down" with the 49rs organization that was essentially an interview and then lied to his AD about it.

The guy is a slippery rat. I'll let his actions speak for him but I won't be surprised at all if he sells UCLA down the river 5 years from now.

Yep - he was on his cell phone at the airport talking about it and didn't happen to notice a Seattle sports reporter sitting by him. I lived there when all this was going on - it was awesome!!! :thumbsup::lol:

Back