1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never seen this happen at Folsom

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Drewdown, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Drewdown

Drewdown Club Member Club Member

Brought my 18 month old daughter to the game tonight. Made sure we got in early to go see Ralphie, etc. Was super excited to set the stage for the next generation of Buff fans. We get to our seats in plenty of time and lo and behold, the team runs out of the tunnel before they let Ralphie run. It worried me a bit as a bad omen. I have been going to games my entire life and have never seen them flub this. I'm sure, those at the game noticed but for those at home, it was weird. I saw a thread bashing Chip for not noticing Crawleys interception but he semi saved the day by running the field after the team was on the sideline. The handlers just picked up the cage and walked it with Ralphie in it across the end zone to the truck. Regardless, Go Buffs!! Great first game for the kiddo to be a part of. She ate up the energy and all. For such a small crowd, there was some great energy when it was necessary.

2. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Saw something earlier on twitter that Ralphie got spooked by the smoke in the tunnel or something and that's why she didn't run?

3. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Combination from the smoke, shadows, and the people is what I was told

4. SuperBuff

SuperBuff Club Member Club Member

I talked to one of the handlers last week at Mile High, I asked something about running her. He said there are a few variables like weather, field condition, and her temperament which could cause her not to run.

5. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

My daughter was upset not to see her run but she did run before the second half so that made it okay for her.

6. duaneallman8

duaneallman8 Member

On the radio they said it was a timing issue...The team was ready to go and that info was not relayed to the handlers. Larry Zimmer said he remembered it happening once in the '70's where they opened the cage and Ralphie just decided not to run.

7. OrangeBowl

OrangeBowl Club Member Club Member

Worried me too,then a few minutes into the game someone had a heart attack in near the top of my section,they had to put him on a stretcher and carry him down the stairs to an ambulance. I thought we were definitely ****ed. Thoughts and prayers to that fan.

8. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Coach said that the smoke spooked her, and the players ran out before they calmed her down.

9. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

PRich said he jumped the gun. The runners decided not to run Ralphie since the team was out on the field. Ralphie got spooked at an NU game in 2003 (I think). It was a bad omen.

10. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

Superstition is superstition...

11. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

...it ain't the way.

12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

We won...

13. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

It was weird. As soon as the team ran out I knew "he" wouldn't run. I actually felt bad for the UCA fans, :lol: Seeing Ralphie is a big high light for the other team's fans.

14. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

They saw her in the second half, and seemed pretty excited about it.