What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Never thought I'd say this...

Like what?

Since Hawkins' buyout is ridiculous, could they demote him to asst coach and have him coach ST or something? That way he'd just be over paid but they'd be getting something out of him, and give someone else a chance to see if they could right the ship. And if he was too proud to do that and was insubordinate they would have cause to fire him.

Probably not, but it'd be cool if they tried.

SD Buff posts here on occasion. I'll let him explain if he wants to.
If not you can see it on Rivals. The news is not a bomb shell.
I just thought I'd post that it sounds like there are a lot of upset fans/boosters and Bohn isn't turning a deaf ear and that the situation is fluid. Keep in mind SD Buff is still skeptical though.

If we are upset Buff fans we NEED to inundate Bohn with
e-mails. If Bohn thinks that there's a way to fire Hawk to save his own ass then maybe he can find a way to get it done. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I reallly hope the rumors of booster support for a buyout are true... Nothing but bad news lately, even if most of it just confirms what we've seen on the field :sad1: .... Which actually makes this worse cause it confirms our darkest fears :cry:

now that's a post i identify with. after barney i was so ready to let anyone take over. but , after the most disgraceful performance i've ever seen as a buff fan, this includes the 59-0 thrashing at home to the huskers, the weirdest thing is his lost face on the sideline. i mean can you at least act like you don't like getting your ass throttled??

now that's a post i identify with. after barney i was so ready to let anyone take over. but , after the most disgraceful performance i've ever seen as a buff fan, this includes the 59-0 thrashing at home to the huskers, the weirdest thing is his lost face on the sideline. i mean can you at least act like you don't like getting your ass throttled??

He really looks clueless doesn't he? Like he just doesn't understand any of this or have any idea what to do.

Must...resist...temptation...to..make...inappropriate...comment...

the weirdest thing is his lost face on the sideline. i mean can you at least act like you don't like getting your ass throttled??

He looked the same during the CSU beatdown too. Man, where is the emotion? He shuffles around on the sideline, emotionless, like he's on thorazine or something.

Come interview time, its all just idoms and words that essentially say nothing.

I reallly hope the rumors of booster support for a buyout are true... Nothing but bad news lately, even if most of it just confirms what we've seen on the field :sad1: .... Which actually makes this worse cause it confirms our darkest fears :cry:

The sad thing is that we beg for better facilities and more money to build the football program. But it takes a ****ty program to bring $3M into the program to buy him out (potentially).

The sad thing is that we beg for better facilities and more money to build the football program. But it takes a ****ty program to bring $3M into the program to buy him out (potentially).

nice.,....

i am finally listed above as a "friend" on allbuffs facebook... I am the hippy bald tie dye guy.....

Havent learned to quote multiple posts yet, so, I'll address the questions that were posed. If theres any agenda from me, up until today, its been that things are turning around, so, lets keep with the status quo. So, as for me making anything up, I'm not.
As for if this is team wide sentiment or that of a few players, I honestly dont know. Legit question. The kid I talked to yesterday seemed to be on board Team Hawk. The kids I talked to today ARE NOT and implied theres a small percentage of the team thats still with him, but, its borderline revolt in the locker room from the masses. They both did emphasize that theyre not quitting in any way on the team or anything, just done with Hawk. The telling quote to me is that the coach's (implying assistant coach's...not Hawk) are even thinking/saying he's lost it.
I too hope they're wrong. Not sure how they could be, but, maybe they're exagerating. Its good that they thought I was crazy when I brought up the chance of them giving up, but, the assistant thing coach changed my opinion of what I want done with Hawkins. Took me long enough. :rolleyes:

The kid I talked to yesterday seemed to be on board Team Hawk. The kids I talked to today ARE NOT and implied theres a small percentage of the team thats still with him, but, its borderline revolt in the locker room from the masses.

I believe it. No doubt, there are many frustrated kids on this team. Unless coach Dan has got the entire team brainwashed, I'd expect there to be few players 'with' him and quite a few more that are not - just like on this forum.

Indeed, if it is true, I expect it will make its way to the media soon and we will hear a bit more over the next week or so.

Last I read was he is going to try and go Sunday. I know it's a long shot, but I don't like the chances with Kolb. I hope the pick up Garcia for a few games.

Just got this in an email.

Hi Folks,
Wasn't hard to see this one coming - Jeff Garcia is now an Eagle. He seems like the right fit as he's a smart veteran that should be able to pick up on the system quickly. At least well enough to keep things together for a bit. Don't read too much into this about McNabb yet as it's just a smart proactive move. But I'm a big Jeff Garcia fan and think he could do some damage if given the opportunity.
In other QB news, A.J. Feeley has signed with the Carolina Panthers. I have a hard time getting excited about Feeley but it's news you need to know.
Enjoy the Monday Night Games tonight.

Happy happy joy joy

Havent learned to quote multiple posts yet, so, I'll address the questions that were posed. If theres any agenda from me, up until today, its been that things are turning around, so, lets keep with the status quo. So, as for me making anything up, I'm not.
As for if this is team wide sentiment or that of a few players, I honestly dont know. Legit question. The kid I talked to yesterday seemed to be on board Team Hawk. The kids I talked to today ARE NOT and implied theres a small percentage of the team thats still with him, but, its borderline revolt in the locker room from the masses. They both did emphasize that theyre not quitting in any way on the team or anything, just done with Hawk. The telling quote to me is that the coach's (implying assistant coach's...not Hawk) are even thinking/saying he's lost it.
I too hope they're wrong. Not sure how they could be, but, maybe they're exagerating. Its good that they thought I was crazy when I brought up the chance of them giving up, but, the assistant thing coach changed my opinion of what I want done with Hawkins. Took me long enough. :rolleyes:

I don't doubt any of this is true, but if it is and came from a current player, I would be shocked that an assistant coach would let a player/players know they thought Hawk had lost it. Even if you had, wouldn't letting a player know how you felt only make things worse?

but, FIRE HAWKINS NOW. Or, the sooner the better. In COMPLETE contradiction to my email I posted yesterday, I talked to some other players today and apparently that player is in the EXTREME minority. It's bad. They havent quit, and wont, but, they want Hawk gone. We'll see some transfers if this doesnt change. Was told "even the coach's think he's lost it, man".
I obviously have no agenda here, i'd argue ive been Hawkins biggest suppoprter. Im not quick to panic, but, this was confirmed by several high profile players and told its very, very bad.:wow:

I believe that I read that at the time that Big Mac was in danger of losing his job, the players still liked him...if the players are turning against Hawkins, then it's time for him to go.

Back