What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Never too early for a prediction....prediction

How many games will CU win this year?

• Less than 20....and no post season invite.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between 20-24 thanks to some NIT wins

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Between 20-24 early out in the Tourney again

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • 25-28 Finally a win or two in the Tourney

Votes: 58 63.0%
  • 29-30 Big break through year and ok Tourney run

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • 30 Plus. Great regular season and solid Tourney.

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
I thought that it was time to bump this thread since we are exactly one month away from the first men's basketball game!!!

I will be interested in seeing how the team responds to not having Scott any more. Was he a crutch that they put too much dependence on or was he the only thing that kept them from losing 15 games?
They'll treat his loss, as the FB team WR's treat the loss of Spruce.
Whole different outlook on "O" and "D" (Zone? WTF???) this year.

I thought that it was time to bump this thread since we are exactly one month away from the first men's basketball game!!!
Totally missed this thread. Good work. Not used to being fully engrossed in Buff football in mid-October.

26-4 With so many wing players I was remembering Arkansas circa late 70's with Moncrief, Delph & Brewer...add some defense. Going to be a good year

26-4 With so many wing players I was remembering Arkansas circa late 70's with Moncrief, Delph & Brewer...add some defense. Going to be a good year

I'm all for some kool aid, but keep in mind that no team finished with fewer than 5 losses last season. Even national champion Villanova lost 5 games.

I think we finish either at last season's win total or slightly below but go farther in the dance.

25-28 wins option. I'm bullish, and a hopeless homer. Why the hell not?

The Final 4 and my birthday happen to be on the same day. I'm allowed to dream right?

Better chance: Buffs football making it to the Pac 12 Championship game this year, or Buffs basketball making it to the Sweet 16?
That is actually a really good question. I would say the hoops team making it to the sweet 16, but the football team making it to the PAC12 championship game isn't horribly far fetched either.

Basketball. This team is good. And I say that as someone who thinks we have a puncher's chance of making the FB championship game.
I only say football because there are fewer unknowns at this point. The football team needs four wins, probably. I'd give them maybe a 20% shot to get four more.

Hoops:
First, they have to make the tourney.
Second, they have to get a favorable seed and a decent matchup in the first round.
Third, they have to win that game.
Fourth, they have to get a decent matchup in game two.
Then they have to win that one too.

I like your enthusiasm and it is certainly is making me rethink my position.

If Derrick White will really be the difference maker that everyone close to the program is expecting and we can avoid crucial injuries, I'm right there with you.

I heard the same gushing about Josh last season, and while he turned out to be a good player, he wasn't quite what was advertised. I'm buying the DW hype, but there's still that skeptic in me until I see it with my own eyes.

I only say football because there are fewer unknowns at this point. The football team needs four wins, probably. I'd give them maybe a 20% shot to get four more.

Hoops:
First, they have to make the tourney.
Second, they have to get a favorable seed and a decent matchup in the first round.
Third, they have to win that game.
Fourth, they have to get a decent matchup in game two.
Then they have to win that one too.

I like your enthusiasm and it is certainly is making me rethink my position.

If Derrick White will really be the difference maker that everyone close to the program is expecting and we can avoid crucial injuries, I'm right there with you.

I heard the same gushing about Josh last season, and while he turned out to be a good player, he wasn't quite what was advertised. I'm buying the DW hype, but there's still that skeptic in me until I see it with my own eyes.

That's all fair, and I agree that all of the eggs in the DW basket make me a little nervous (although I'm hearing it from some people who tend to be understated, so I'm holding out hope), but there are other reasons. King will be surrounded by more well rounded guys than last year, which will help free him up a bit. I think White is going to be a huge addition there. King doesn't need to try to facilitate anymore. If he has a bigger guy on him, park out in the 3 point line corner and light fools up. If he has a smaller guy, send him to the post. Same thing - to a lesser extent - for XJ. People are forgetting that he's a 10 point, 5.6 rebound per game guy who shot 37% from 3.

Add in to that that I think we're going to see an incredible year from Wes, and I REALLY like the makeup of this team*.

* - Please dear God, let our PG's be league average at least

...and let us avoid injuries to key players! If this team stays healthy, it's going to be a special year.

Derrick White will be really damn good, that's my prediction.

White was a crucial pickup. Could even be a masterstroke.

I like this team to be well into the 20s come Selection Sunday. If we stay healthy, we've got to at least win a game in the Dance by giving ourselves a decent seed. With XJ back, we've got things in place. It's time to capitalize. Cannot do the one and done routine again unless the injury bug hits or we get an absurd first round game. We're due for a better break after getting a ridiculously dangerous UConn last year. For me, this is one of those years of, if not now, when?

I was looking at ESPN earlier and noticed the first coaches rankings are out. CU was in the others receiving votes section with 11 votes. Boy are a lot of coaches in for a big surprise.

Back