What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New 2015 Season Prediction Thread-Predict # Wins

Predict # Wins in 2015

• Total voters
5. Either CU sweeps the OOC and wins a P12, or goes 3-1 OOC and takes two P12. The P12 candidates are WSU, OSU and UU, obviously.

Gotta agree. I think again we see huge improvement but just a brutal schedule. Huge breakout year in '16

I want a bowl game SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad this year so I will be kinda unrealistic and say 7. Even if we get all the breaks and go 4-0 in Non Con finding 3 more wins in the PAC is gonna be rough.

Six wins going into last game at UU. Will make for a really exciting week. Coin toss on the UU game, we always seem to play them well, but they will be stacked this next year.

Six wins going into last game at UU. Will make for a really exciting week. Coin toss on the UU game, we always seem to play them well, but they will be stacked this next year.
This. Would love 7 going into Utah, but we will see. Just want a bowl game.

Let the kool-aid flow folks!
Was just thinking that too. Almost 50% of the respondents have predicted enough wins to go to a bowl game this year. Meanwhile I now feel like Slider since I only picked 6!

I went 5 - I just don't see the OOC unscathed, either we drop the first in Hawaii - or we sleepwalk into Denver. I do think they get at least two in conference.

FWIW, which might be very little in this case, the Rivals guys on their radio show all said they don't see us bowling in 2015. I happen to agree with them. I say FWIW, bc as you know I give them a lot of props for their scoopage and general reporting on recruiting, etc. but seeing into the future is an uncertain task.

This season could go all kinds of ways, but at a minimum we better win a few conference games and sweep or come close to sweeping the OOC. Last year many of us, myself included thought we would easily sweep OOC and that didn't happen. I am not convinced we will do it this year. That is not easy for a team coming off a 2 win season, with a brand new DC and a long road trip to start the season.

@Hawaii - L (allbuffs meltsdown including me)
UMass - W (win huge, allbuffs now thinking a bowl game a definite)
CSU - W (allbuffs predicts we split 1/2 of our home games in conference)
Nicholls State - W (allbuffs: now undefeated at home)
Oregon - L (allbuffs blames grad transfer issue, administration and everyone else b/c of beatdown)
@ASU - L (ASU was not supposed to be good last year and surprised us all, still bowl bound)
UA - L (syko predicts 3 win season)
@OSU - L (we suck on the road, 1/2 now predict no more wins except Tini)
@UCLA - L (we keep it close enough so some are still predicting we split the next 2)
Stanford - L (Stanford OL dominates our DL and front 7, but it's not a beatdown. Some see moral victory. Bitching ensues.)
USC - L (they toy with us like they have since we entered the P12, sigh. No espy island to pick off their QB)
@WSU - W (they coug it like last time)
@Utah - W (team ends on a high note and we all have optimism for next year)

Hope springs eternal. Team does a lot better on the road, but the home slate was just brutal. Things point up, I have a meltdown at some point as does slider. DBT thinks MM is the savior like Hawk was, but tells us why MM is not Hawk. Tini uses Sagarin stats to show how we will win just before every game. Some are spiteful and want the team to lose just so Tini shuts up. We end up on ESPN2 once this year w/the OU game, ESPN due to Hawaii kickoff time. FS1 2x with Stanford/USC. CVB and HotRack bitch about Pac12N and how Larry Scott is a POS and the worst conference admin in the nation. Sefo finally gets a running game so that helps with his INTs. I was pretty harsh on him, but he becomes a Pac12 HM this year.

Nik tells informs us of impending recruiting doom, but is calm about it, and Buffnut's analysis is pretty spot on. Sacky bitches about the bike racks and the tailgating situation.

So basically the same **** as last year.

What I'd like: For MM to not be so conservative at times (see last 4 posessions of the Utah game). Sefo's physical toughness to translate into mental toughness and awareness. A running game. Opponents to take us seriously for the duration of the game. Folsom to become loud again. Student gates to not be a f'ing disaster. Facilities to be completed. Recruiting in the 40s. Our defense to create turnovers, especially interceptions with our seasoned CBs (how many did we have last year?!). Special teams to not be so special. Basically the way we played at Folsom last year, but on the road. Our home slate is brutal. Why do the football gods hate us so much?

4. CU has arguably the worst talent in the Pac12 and a coach who just went 1-17 in his first two seasons. 4 wins (1 pac12 win) would be a decent season.

@Hawaii - L (allbuffs meltsdown including me)
UMass - W (win huge, allbuffs now thinking a bowl game a definite)
CSU - W (allbuffs predicts we split 1/2 of our home games in conference)
Nicholls State - W (allbuffs: now undefeated at home)
Oregon - L (allbuffs blames grad transfer issue, administration and everyone else b/c of beatdown)
@ASU - L (ASU was not supposed to be good last year and surprised us all, still bowl bound)
UA - L (syko predicts 3 win season)
@OSU - L (we suck on the road, 1/2 now predict no more wins except Tini)
@UCLA - L (we keep it close enough so some are still predicting we split the next 2)
Stanford - L (Stanford OL dominates our DL and front 7, but it's not a beatdown. Some see moral victory. Bitching ensues.)
USC - L (they toy with us like they have since we entered the P12, sigh. No espy island to pick off their QB)
@WSU - W (they coug it like last time)
@Utah - W (team ends on a high note and we all have optimism for next year)

Hope springs eternal. Team does a lot better on the road, but the home slate was just brutal. Things point up, I have a meltdown at some point as does slider. DBT thinks MM is the savior like Hawk was, but tells us why MM is not Hawk. Tini uses Sagarin stats to show how we will win just before every game. Some are spiteful and want the team to lose just so Tini shuts up. We end up on ESPN2 once this year w/the OU game, ESPN due to Hawaii kickoff time. FS1 2x with Stanford/USC. CVB and HotRack bitch about Pac12N and how Larry Scott is a POS and the worst conference admin in the nation. Sefo finally gets a running game so that helps with his INTs. I was pretty harsh on him, but he becomes a Pac12 HM this year.

Nik tells informs us of impending recruiting doom, but is calm about it, and Buffnut's analysis is pretty spot on. Sacky bitches about the bike racks and the tailgating situation.

So basically the same **** as last year.

What I'd like: For MM to not be so conservative at times (see last 4 posessions of the Utah game). Sefo's physical toughness to translate into mental toughness and awareness. A running game. Opponents to take us seriously for the duration of the game. Folsom to become loud again. Student gates to not be a f'ing disaster. Facilities to be completed. Recruiting in the 40s. Our defense to create turnovers, especially interceptions with our seasoned CBs (how many did we have last year?!). Special teams to not be so special. Basically the way we played at Folsom last year, but on the road. Our home slate is brutal. Why do the football gods hate us so much?
Your spring seems to be running dry.

Was going to say 4, but love the defensive hires so I went with 5. Leavitt is probably good for one win we otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

Your spring seems to be running dry.

That's for 2016. I think that's when we finally break the rut we've been in and make a bowl game. There will be plenty of bright spots, but we still lack talent across the board compared to our peers. But Ws on the road to end the season poise us for a breakout season.

bc64ee70bd8561da15abe8ada9f81b35.jpg

Back