1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and Proper Home for Norgard

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by boydbuff, Mar 14, 2014.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]

I think we all knew the prior experiments were placeholders for him. This seems like his best chance to succeed. And it is a position where we could use some reserves.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Regarding Clay, the key is going to be for him to get himself up to the 255 range by Fall. If he can do that, he can help the defense. In high school, he had great hands and played with great leverage on the inside. I never really understood the fullback experiment.

This helps our class balance a lot at DT, too. Can't have 2 classes empty. Even if Clay is always a role player instead of ever developing into and every-down DT, that's a role where he can help the Buffs win football games.

3. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Was 255 a typo? That seems very light for s DT.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

No. He slimmed down to try to play LB and he needs to bulk up. HCMM said that there would be certain games against spread teams where he could do well but other games against teams that pound it and double-team the DTs where he won't see the field. I don't think he'll ever be above the 260s while he's here. He'll be a situational guy. Hopefully another Cunningham once he settles in.

5. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Good analogy.