What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New AP poll is out

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Not that the AP has any relevance, but I guess it's fun to see what the fish wrap jockeys think.

AP Top 25
RKTEAMRECORDPTS
1Florida State (35)5-01461
2Auburn (23)5-01459
3Mississippi State (2)5-01320
3Ole Miss5-01320
5Baylor5-01258
6Notre Dame5-01186
7Alabama4-11060
8Michigan State4-1981
9TCU4-0979
10Arizona5-0951
11Oklahoma4-1904
12Oregon4-1888
13Georgia4-1854
14Texas A&M5-1731
15Ohio State4-1534
16Oklahoma State4-1527
17Kansas State4-1486
18UCLA4-1460
19East Carolina4-1344
20Arizona State4-1325
21Nebraska5-1283
22Georgia Tech5-0235
23Missouri4-1212
24Utah4-1206
25Stanford3-2143

• Dropped from rankings: LSU 15, USC 16, Wisconsin 17, BYU 18

• Others receiving votes: Clemson 92, Marshall 78, USC 61, Louisville 36, LSU 35, BYU 26, West Virginia 18, Arkansas 14, Wisconsin 7, California 6, Penn State 5, Rutgers 4, Kentucky 4, North Dakota State 3, Minnesota 2, South Carolina 1, Virginia 1

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Winning at Oregon instead of losing at Oregon isn't as important to AP voters as what they thought before the season started.

It's pretty incredible how much of a role it plays. I guess even I'm affected by it, because if MSU and Zona play 3 times I'd probably like MSU's chances of winning two

I hate living in the south.... All I hear is it's SEC it's SEC! What's a Pac-12.... Gah. Freaking USC, Stanford, Oregon, not helping me out here. And where is CU on this poll!?

Why would ASU or Michigan have an impact on FCS getting votes?

App State was coming off a FCS title and won at the Big House. This was at the apex of the love for the little guy and a lot of media members wanted to put them in their Top 25.

I so hate the SEC love.

I mean, 3 SEC West teams in the top 4?

What a bunch of bull****.

Lots of football left to be played. I think it's difficult for any team to come out undefeated, except maybe FSU who play in the Almost College Conference.

Quick question - when was the last time we were in the poll? When was the last time in top 10?

As much as it pains me to say this, don't be surprised to see CSU making an appearance in that poll in the next few weeks. Seriously, at 4-1, there isn't anybody left on their schedule that they shouldn't beat. They could very well finish the year at 11-1.

As much as it pains me to say this, don't be surprised to see CSU making an appearance in that poll in the next few weeks. Seriously, at 4-1, there isn't anybody left on their schedule that they shouldn't beat. They could very well finish the year at 11-1.
That Boise loss was quite the post CU hangover, looks like.

I aint. Meh.

I'm envious of their record. I'm envious of their never-say-die attitude. I'm not envious of much else. I probably should have made that clear.

There's no way to know for sure, but if CSU gets the ball on OSU's 40 yard line with 2 minutes to go, they don't go four and out. Just sayin'. That's a team that believes in themselves and believes that they will win every game they play. We're not there, yet.

Boise is a tough place for anybody to go in and win. Sparkles has them playing at a very high level now. I am envious.
We'll see what happens when Grayson graduates and Sparkles moves on. A 10+ win season and he's off to a P5 team.

We'll see what happens when Grayson graduates and Sparkles moves on. A 10+ win season and he's off to a P5 team.

This.

They win 10 games and the chance of Sparkles being there next year is close to zero.

Don't really understand how 3 SEC teams being in the top 4 is so outrageous. The Pac ate itself, the B1G stinks and Oklahoma has lost. The SEC squads have notched the nicest wins to this point over what Baylor and ND are currently offering. It's just really not scandalous.

Back