What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New AP poll is out

I'm envious of their record. I'm envious of their never-say-die attitude. I'm not envious of much else. I probably should have made that clear.

There's no way to know for sure, but if CSU gets the ball on OSU's 40 yard line with 2 minutes to go, they don't go four and out. Just sayin'. That's a team that believes in themselves and believes that they will win every game they play. We're not there, yet.
Our team doesn't have the same attitude? Because they do, otherwise we wouldn't see the fight or the emotion from them.

Our team doesn't have the same attitude? Because they do, otherwise we wouldn't see the fight or the emotion from them.

No. They don't have the same attitude. That's pretty obvious to me. They folded at Cal. They folded against OSU. They folded against CSU. They had leads in all three of those games. Playing better is good. Don't get me wrong, but I'd love to have that same killer attitude that the goats have right now. Look at what they did at BC. Scored on the last possession of the game. We had that exact same opportunity last Saturday and went four and out. Thems the facts, man. No getting around it.

No. They don't have the same attitude. That's pretty obvious to me. They folded at Cal. They folded against OSU. They folded against CSU. They had leads in all three of those games. Playing better is good. Don't get me wrong, but I'd love to have that same killer attitude that the goats have right now. Look at what they did at BC. Scored on the last possession of the game. We had that exact same opportunity last Saturday and went four and out. Thems the facts, man. No getting around it.

OSU & CAL > BC

Sacky, normally I think you're spot on, but this isn't the case. We went down 14 early and went into the half with a 21-20 lead. This team absolutely has the never die attitude.

We talk the talk but don't know how to win. Zero killer instinct. Have to punch through a couple times to hopefully establish that. Even in a year like '07, when we got the ball back with 2 mins left down 5, we would have done the job. All this losing has created a mental hurdle that's tough to break.

Maybe there are 2 issues here: a never say die attitude and a killer instinct. I think these are 2 separate things, and we have one and not the other.

Maybe there are 2 issues here: a never say die attitude and a killer instinct. I think these are 2 separate things, and we have one and not the other.

:nod:

Team has learned how to compete. They fight. They fight back.

The team has not yet learned how to finish.

Call it whatever you want. CSU has figured out how to win close games. We haven't. Whatever name you want to assign to that particular affliction is fine by me.

Call it whatever you want. CSU has figured out how to win close games. We haven't. Whatever name you want to assign to that particular affliction is fine by me.
A lot of that has to do with experience

Tini - you don't need to police a reasonable opinion. CSU won 2 of their 3 tossup/underdog games, and they're well on their way to a top finish in the MWC.

Tini - you don't need to police a reasonable opinion. CSU won 2 of their 3 tossup/underdog games, and they're well on their way to a top finish in the MWC.
I'm not policing anything. If what I've posted is policing then any post disagreeing with any other post is policing. I just disagree with sacky on this one.

:nod:

Team has learned how to compete. They fight. They fight back.

The team has not yet learned how to finish.

Teams have to learn how to win.

Unlike past teams this team has the desire to win, they believe they can and should win.

They still have to learn how to make it happen.

Cal wasn't better than us, neither was OSU, if anything talentwise Cal was significantly ahead of OSU. What OSU had though was a coach who has a history of winning game he should and some that he shouldn't. The Beavers had some leaders on the field who know how to close a game, how to take advantage of a break and win instead of let a bad break get in their way and lose.

The good new for us is that MacIntyre has shown at SJSU that he knows how to do that. He took a program that had never won anything as long as anyone could remember and taught them how to win.

I don't know when it is going to happen for us but I sense that eventually it is going to happen, and when it does we will know it from results on the field.

Teams have to learn how to win.

Unlike past teams this team has the desire to win, they believe they can and should win.

They still have to learn how to make it happen.

Cal wasn't better than us, neither was OSU, if anything talentwise Cal was significantly ahead of OSU. What OSU had though was a coach who has a history of winning game he should and some that he shouldn't. The Beavers had some leaders on the field who know how to close a game, how to take advantage of a break and win instead of let a bad break get in their way and lose.

The good new for us is that MacIntyre has shown at SJSU that he knows how to do that. He took a program that had never won anything as long as anyone could remember and taught them how to win.

I don't know when it is going to happen for us but I sense that eventually it is going to happen, and when it does we will know it from results on the field.

Yes they were. Not dramatically so, which clearly is an improvement for us, but they were better.

Agree that Cal was more talented, and as Nik says OSU is more developed.

Bottom line though is that neither team was clearly "better" than us on the field those games. Each game was relatively equal except that in the end they made the plays to win and we didn't. Cal doesn't always do that as they showed the week before. OSU which is less talented than Cal has a history of making those plays under Riley and they did it to us as well.

Both were games that either team could have won and we didn't.

Agree that Cal was more talented, and as Nik says OSU is more developed.

Bottom line though is that neither team was clearly "better" than us on the field those games. Each game was relatively equal except that in the end they made the plays to win and we didn't. Cal doesn't always do that as they showed the week before. OSU which is less talented than Cal has a history of making those plays under Riley and they did it to us as well.

Both were games that either team could have won and we didn't.

?? What's your definition of "better"?

Back