1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New "Clear Bag" Policy at Coors

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

NewCU TO IMPLEMENT CLEAR BAG POLICY AT FOLSOM, COORS

From CU Athletics

BOULDER — In an effort to provide a safer environment for fans and expedite entry into Folsom Field, the University of Colorado will be implementing a clear bag policy at all home football games beginning this (2016) season.

The policy will also be in effect at the Coors Events Center for all CU volleyball matches, men's basketball and women's basketball games.

Clear bags, which are becoming the norm at athletic venues across the nation — including Coors Field and Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver — aid in increasing fan safety and have been found to decrease the waiting time to enter stadiums.

"This is something we believe will help provide a better overall experience for our fans while also making it easier to enter the stadium by speeding up the security screening process," saidSteve Pizzi, Assistant Athletic Director for Game Day Operations. "More and more college and professional teams are adopting this policy, including a number of our fellow Pac-12 members. A secure, safe environment for our fans is always a top priority and we think this policy will enhance that environment and provide an even better game-day experience."

Other Pac-12 schools that have instituted a clear bag policy include UCLA, Arizona State, USC, Washington and Arizona.

Beginning this season, fans may bring one clear bag no larger than 12 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches, or a one-gallon resealable clear plastic storage bag, into the stadium. Fans will also be allowed one small clutch purse, no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches.

Bags that will no longer be allowed into Folsom Field include backpacks, large purses, oversized tote bags, camera bags and binocular cases, diaper bags, fanny packs and printed plastic bags. Seat cushions and chair backs will still be allowed, but they must be 18 inches or less in width and cannot have pockets, zippers or covers.

Other items that will not be allowed into Folsom Field are hard- and soft-sided coolers of any kind; firearms or weapons of any type; selfie/GoPro sticks, flags on poles or other types of sticks and poles; fireworks, drones and laser pointers; glass or metal bottles or cans; alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs (including marijuana); non-factory sealed beverages or filled liquid containers; full-size strollers and umbrellas.

Items fans may bring to Folsom include non-alcoholic beverages in factory-sealed plastic containers (51 ounces or 1.5 liters or smaller, one per ticket holder) and empty non-disposable water bottles (51 ounces or 1.5 liters or smaller).

Clear bags are available at the Buffs Team Store in the CU Champions Center as well as other local retailers.

2. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

****ing stupid

Gramburglar, buffgal and Goose like this.
  3. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Ugh. I ****ing hated this when Broncos and Rockies did it. I would really challenge anyone to prove that this expedites entry or makes anyone safer.

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Absolutely absurd. What am I supposed to do with extra sweatshirts, gloves, etc? This is a horrible, horrible policy that needs to be challenged.

5. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

CU rewards the few season ticket holders left with this? nobody steps on their own dicks like they do.

6. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

I guess I better up the spf while nuddie tanning.

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

So I can't bring my .38 special anymore?

8. DBT

I'm a borderline season ticket holder. This may tilt me the wrong way if it turns out to be a pain. Especially if I can't bring layers of clothes on freezing assed game days.

9. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Implementing the impression of safety from terrorism is at an all time peak.

leftybuff likes this.
  10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I find myself hoping for a Clear lane like the Rox installed.

11. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Yup, security theater. Be careful, the boogeyman gonna git you. Be glad Big Brother is here to save you.

12. cu2x

cu2x Club Member Club Member

I think this is focused on the mentally ill, rather than terrorists. Looking for the people, like DBT w/ his .38, who might be having a bad morning and decides to pack in case anything really annoys them. I don't have a problem with it, although provision for special needs people and warm clothes are needed.

30 years ago, I thought there would come a day, when in order to get on an airplane., you would have to put on airline-issued pajamas. High-tech scanners have probably made that unlikely, but CU is just welcoming itself to the future.

Plus, this may be mandatory under insurance polices soon anyway

13. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

Just sprint from your car into the arena and you'll be just fine, old man!

14. DBT

Running is bad for my ticker. I prefer to putter.

SuperiorBuff and TSchekler like this.
  15. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A clarification should be made to approve clear backpacks of acceptable size. This accommodated bikers who park bikes at all those bike racks near the stadium.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  16. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Yep

17. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

No bike friendly options? Fail.

18. buffgal

Ordered one of the bags the day the email was sent. Today received an email that the order can not be filled. Why do this and not fill orders?

19. buffgal

Just got off the phone with the ticket office. Rep told me they are happy to mail me one of the bags. We shall see.

20. CitizenKane

CitizenKane Club Member Club Member

I am going to feel so much safer knowing that the old guy two rows down from me has a spare depends to make it through the game and that the hot blond six seats to my left prefers maxi's.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    SlatsGrobnik and buffgal like this.
  21. DBT

image.jpg

SBG likes this.
  22. buffgal

Ticket office had told me they would send me a clear bag. I must admit I didn't really believe them. They did send one. Now to remember it when I come in November!

23. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

Everyone's impression of how the entry process went? At first, I was pretty disappointed when I got to the stadium and the entry lines were extremely long, but I think it only took us maybe 10 minutes to get in.

24. KyleM.

KyleM. Recruiting Moderator Club Member

The Ewes have clear bag at one gate to get ready for the switch to all gates at the new stadium. I took a dark bag in full of ointments and liquids (baby bag). Their security sucks.

25. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Do I even want to know what you were doing in the stands?

KyleM. likes this.
  26. DBT

I went to the southeast entrance and it was a cluster****. It took longer than I'd planned for but I made kickoff. Meanwhile, my kid went to the northeast entrance and walked right in. Lesson learned.

27. KyleM.

KyleM. Recruiting Moderator Club Member

Chasing around an almost two year old :ROFLMAO:

hokiehead likes this.
  28. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Anyone know where to get one of the damn CU clear bags? Not on the official site and I'm going to need it in a few weeks because I can't take the diaper bag in.

29. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

New policy sucks. Very prohibitive for bringing the family. Wife filled the complaint box.

30. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

def heard some guff from the GF on the new policy. End result: very full pockets.