What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New "Clear Bag" Policy at Folsom

I bring in a backpack.

This ain't the NFL.
I guess I'm just wondering what you can fit in a backpack that you can't in a clear bag or two?

Look, I completely agree that it's unnecessary, and doesn't keep anyone safer. It's a ploy to sell bags and make more money. Period. I just don't think it's as big of a deal as some are making it out to be.

Those would have to be some big ass clear bags to fit all the stuff I typically bring in.

What size bag do you typically bring in and how much smaller are the clear ones?
Beginning this season, fans may bring one clear bag no larger than 12 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches, or a one-gallon resealable clear plastic storage bag, into the stadium. Fans will also be allowed one small clutch purse, no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches.
That is 1/2 cubic foot, and the clutch purse is about pointless, where is the wife going to put it, in the damn bag of course. If she doesn't take her full purse, she just takes her wallet and sticks the rest of the crap in the backpack. A regular backpack is anywhere from .75 cubic ft to 1.5 cubic feet of storage. They also stretch and have multiple pockets for easy storage and protect your stuff, like phone and camera, when not being used.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR.

I just checked Amazon and these types of bags are all around $10. Three diapers, some wipes and a travel-size Butt Paste would easily fit with a bottle and blanky. If you need more than that, leave the kid at home. Otherwise, tie a jacket around your waste and carry a bottle of water and some beef jerky in your pocket.

Suck it up. You're going to a football game, not a picnic.

YHE FOLLOWING IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR.

I just checked Amazon and these types of bags are all around $10. Three diapers, some wipes and a travel-size Butt Paste would easily fit with a bottle and blanky. If you need more than that, leave the kid at home. Otherwise, tie a jacket around your waste and carry a bottle of water and some beef jerky in your pocket.

The Buffs logo one I got was under $20 and there was also a cheaper one with no zipper, both available from the Allbuffs linked team shop (shameless plug: "Support Allbuffs" --> "CU Gear" = Buffnik flush with hookers & blow).

When you struggle to get fannies in the seats because the team is not competitive, why in the world would you adopt policies that make it less likely for some of your fans to come? Argus "security" monkeys patting people down, restricting carry ins to some silly plastic clear baggie. All for safety? I guess if it is that dangerous, I am safer staying home and watching on TV.

When you struggle to get fannies in the seats because the team is not competitive, why in the world would you adopt policies that make it less likely for some of your fans to come? Argus "security" monkeys patting people down, restricting carry ins to some silly plastic clear baggie. All for safety? I guess if it is that dangerous, I am safer staying home and watching on TV.
This. When you are selling out and have a waiting list for season ticket holders, you can get away with this. When you are shoe-horning 35k into a 55k seat stadium, it's best to not piss off the natives.

Occasionally I bike to the games, which is a lot easier to do with a backpack. I'd like to keep it with me. This policy is a solution looking for a problem and I do not like it.

Edit: why are there two threads on this?

Everyone make sure your clear bag (you're only allowed 1, remember) is no larger than 12x12x6 in. If the only thing security can see through the clear bag is fabric from a sweatshirt, will they let that person go on in, or will they open up the bag to unwrap the sweatshirt to see if any prohibited items are hidden inside it?

If the latter, then they've failed on speeding up the process. If the former, then they've failed on making us "safer." I don't see how this helps at all. I never carry more than what I can fit in my pockets, so it doesn't matter much to me, but it still doesn't make sense as a policy.

This policy causes much longer lines at the stadium formerly known as Mile High, Invesco, Sports Authority. In part because they do end up searching bags, they also end up turning people around or making them toss stuff (Those that forget or don't know the policy and took mass transit are hosed) and in part because it increases the number of pat downs that occur for folks walking in (If it looks like you have stuff in the pockets of your jackets, expect to be patted down). Bottom line is it is insanely easy to sneak items into a stadium, even if there was a no bag policy this would be true. This doesn't make security better and does decrease fan experience and increase the lines on game day. Oh and don't even get me started about CU and families....I have been ranting about that since 1996. They do everything they can to prevent us from indoctrinating our children properly....

They can frame this however they want, just like the NFL and other schools have. Just because others implement bad policy with flawed justifications doesn't mean CU should.

You can still bring in binoculars, just not in the case. You can still bring in a seat cushion, just no zippers or pockets in it. Ours don't have any. Do yours?
Don't have that problem since the Broncos preseason game in San Diego right after 9/11. I wonder what happened to all the crap they collected...

What size bag do you typically bring in and how much smaller are the clear ones?

So I have 2 kids 1 is 4 one is 4 months - these bags are roughly 1/3rd the size of the normal kid crap bag we carry, in case you are curious this is what goes in a kid crap bag:
For sub 1 year old:
- Safety ear muffs
- 2 bottles (full to feed baby, no good or private spaces in either stadium)
- Changing kit
- Baby Blanket
- change of clothes
- Some sort of toy to distract that will be 8 month old
- Passifiers misc crap
- Thing of wipes
This is too much for one of those bags - note no parent stuff or stuff for 4 year old. The CU blanket I bought in the stadium completely fills one of these so i cant bring that in either. Long story short this is a huge pain in the ass for people with children 5ish and under but especially under the age of 2. I wont go as far as Sacky and say it negates everythign they have done but it sure negates the nice little win we had a couple years back when they stopped requiring tickets for children under 2.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR.

Not allowed to carry bottle of water must go in bag - rule specifically says 1 clutch, 1 bag is all that is allowed (Now CU may deviate and allow the water but this is not how the rule is written).

As for the rest point taken but here is my counter point - my wife and kids need to be happy if i want to go to the game and tailgate, so because of that I specifically pay extra to sit in the champions club where my kids have space to run around and we have room to put ****, and there is easier food and beverage access, otherwise I'd sit in better located cheaper seats with better sight lines. I also pay extra to be in Franklin because its easier for the family and I like it.

Not Bringing the children takes the fun out of them seeing Ralphie, Chip, and running around Franklin (again things i pay extra for) and also means i have to get a baby sitter - those costs and likely a push because i'd buy cheaper seats but here 2 kids being baby sat is a $15-20 a hour cost - think about that for a 3 pm game. Baby sitter gets to house at 10 am so we can leave by 10.30/10.45 to tailgate. Game ends at 6 and it takes an hour to get home that is $120-160 extra per game.

Last edited:
So I have 2 kids 1 is 4 one is 4 months - these bags are roughly 1/3rd the size of the normal kid crap bag we carry, in case you are curious this is what goes in a kid crap bag:
For sub 1 year old:
- Safety ear muffs
- Changing kit
- Baby Blanket
- change of clothes
- Passifiers misc crap
- Thing of wipes
This is too much for one of those bags - note no parent stuff or stuff for 4 year old. The CU blanket I bought in the stadium completely fills one of these so i cant bring that in either. Long story short this is a huge pain in the ass for people with children 5ish and under but especially under the age of 2. I wont go as far as Sacky and say it negates everythign they have done but it sure negates the nice little win we had a couple years back when they stopped requiring tickets for children under 2.

Yes, exactly. I gave up my season tickets when I had my first child, because I didn't want to bring a baby to the games. My daughter is now 2, and I'm considering bringing her to the games for even just a quarter so that she can start having the experience. Even a 2 year old, you still have to consider diapers and wipes, plus the layers for her, and the layers for me, a blanket..... it just a bunch of extra hassle to what was already becoming an annoying experience.

I realize schools and teams are doing this all over the country, but that isn't a good enough excuse for me.

Those of us with concerns should be communicating them in to the right people:

Rick - rick.george [at] colorado.edu
Steve Pizi - stephen.pizzi [at] colorado.edu

And who ever you work with at the foundation if you do.

To each his own, I guess. IMO, college football games aren't really newborn, infant, or even toddler friendly events, for many of the exact things people have complained will be harder or impossible to do with this new policy. The CU football program has been lacking in solid attendance long enough, and frankly, has had a very G5 atmosphere to most games that has created a more "family friendly" environment. Maybe RG and the AD are a few years premature in implementing this policy, but with the idea that this team will turn it around on the field and that will translate into more 50k+ attendance games rather than 30k+, I simply don't believe they are trying to cater to families that need diapers, pacifiers, wipes, safety ear muffs, multiple bottles for feeding, and a changing kit.

To each his own, I guess. IMO, college football games aren't really newborn, infant, or even toddler friendly events, for many of the exact things people have complained will be harder or impossible to do with this new policy. The CU football program has been lacking in solid attendance long enough, and frankly, has had a very G5 atmosphere to most games that has created a more "family friendly" environment. Maybe RG and the AD are a few years premature in implementing this policy, but with the idea that this team will turn it around on the field and that will translate into more 50k+ attendance games rather than 30k+, I simply don't believe they are trying to cater to families that need diapers, pacifiers, wipes, safety ear muffs, multiple bottles for feeding, and a changing kit.

I am struggling to respond to your take, logically:
- Franklin is has lots families on game day, granted many are slightly older children but they are under sold and people like me aren't just going to pay those bills until my kids are old enough not to need things.
- The younger you get kids into the games the more they want to come my 4 year old asks in the summer when we can go to football games.
- Running business that relies of recurring revenue streams why would you want to force a number of your good customers away from the stadium: ex: You are single or married no kids you come up and tailgate and go to tons of games, you then have a kid and you are supposed to take 3 years off? what if you have a second kid take 5 years off? lose your standing for priority and not be able to buy decent seats in the future ? And worst for CU maybe decide you know what i don't need season tickets any more it was a silly luxury I can do 1 game a year. hypothetically what % of people who make the decision to drop tickets come back after being gone for 3+ years? I dont know but its got to be less than 70%).

Or I could just be a dick and say do you have no idea what my ticket and donation bills to CU look like, its safely more in a season than you spend in 10 years.

Ok, my "negates all the good stuff" was hyperbole. But it was done for a reason. This is a really bad idea. I mean, dreadfully bad. I am struggling with why they came to the conclusion that it was necessary in the first place. What do they honestly hope to accomplish?

For sub 1 year old:
- Safety ear muffs
- Changing kit
- Baby Blanket
- change of clothes
- Passifiers misc crap
- Thing of wipes

Make sure you email this to RG

Back