What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

new club seating?

MCskid

in the benson article in the dc they talked about adding club seating to the foam dome. does anyone out there know anything about this? how they would do it, where it would go, ect.?

i assume they would make it look like the Pit in 'querque. that place was awesome not only with the atmosphere but the building itself was great. It has the original same setup as Coors of a sunken court and they did a great job of remodeling it.

i assume they would make it look like the Pit in 'querque. that place was awesome not only with the atmosphere but the building itself was great. It has the original same setup as Coors of a sunken court and they did a great job of remodeling it.

I still do not understand how they would be able to remodel the keg. It would be extremely costly and also an engineering nightmare to deal with that dome. Not saying it can't be done, but its going to be difficult.

this is me just spitballing here and i very well might be wrong but they would add a second level that would house club seating. UNM basically did this for $60M which is costly but i dont think its an engineering nightmare. I believe that the Keg needs an update as much if not worse than Folsom.

$60 million for UNM hoops, no problem; that's all they have. $60 million for CU hoops, even in the state it's in, would be a stretch. Especially considering the $200+ million the football team is about to/maybe/possibly eat up.

I still do not understand how they would be able to remodel the keg. It would be extremely costly and also an engineering nightmare to deal with that dome. Not saying it can't be done, but its going to be difficult.

Washington reinforced their roof with the huge steel beams. I think we could do something similar.

Washington reinforced their roof with the huge steel beams. I think we could do something similar.

the good news for us is coors is a fairly common design and we've got previous work-product to build on, that saves a lot of time and money.

While there's a part of me that would love to see the CEC hold 15K+, I still think we're a year or two away from needing that kind of capacity. Would be very cool, though. The Pit is a very impressive facility.

I want us to make our stadium a carbon copy of the Pit, that place is so amazing.

The type of reno needed to make the keg a similar arena to The Pit would be hugely expensive. Probably somewhere near $80million. (The pit had two renovations). The issue is the roof and the CU architectural guidelines. The Pit developed a cantilevered roof system that allowed them to span the arena with no supports. This kind of system could be deployed here. Basically pop the roof off, add a ring of club seats, and place the new roof back on top.(Likely would not be able to include the center TV's like some have mentioned in the past)Would not greatly increase the seating capacity Probably by a thousand depending on how big the suites were. One thing that could be done in this situation is instead of boxes behind the hoops extend the bleachers behind the hoops all the way to the roof on each end. These upgrades would probably increase capacity to the 14k ball park. maybe 15. The concourses could be pushed out between the main entrances to make room for a team store/concessions/new bathrooms.

Those saying the demand is not there right now for this kind of expansion are right, however they get back to the big dance again and watch out. CU basketball is exploding right now and we are all here to watch it.

We need Folsom upgrades and the ipf first. Renovations to the CEC are another 5-10 years off, IMO.

We need Folsom upgrades and the ipf first. Renovations to the CEC are another 5-10 years off, IMO.

Agreed but we all know how slow the administration moves. So we start talking about it now. They announce there will be an announcement in five years. They delay the announcement for another year. Replace the video boards and then finally break ground. Maybe.

Agreed but we all know how slow the administration moves. So we start talking about it now. They announce there will be an announcement in five years. They delay the announcement for another year. Replace the video boards and then finally break ground. Maybe.

By the time the admin is done, our new facilities will be sub par.

Back