What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New coaching name: Raheem Morris

Raheem would be a good hire.

Will be a great recruiter on the college level, his personality & just overall charisma with the way he interacts with players reminded me a lot of Pete Carroll at USC. Sometimes it hurts being a players coach on the next level where guys are older and less impressionable and Pete Caroll got canned twice before he went back to the college ranks and was a success.

Nothing like Embree. Polar opposites. Dont let race get in the way.

He doesn't discipline. Too young. But promising

Of course he didn't discipline in the NFL.

Its a little easier to use some discipline techniques in college when they aren't collecting a salary.

Wait a minute, I know he's young but you're telling me a guy who's been coaching for 12+ years and was a HC in the NFL (at 33 years old BTW) is too inexperienced for the worst BCS football program in the country? We are getting awfully picky here.

a bright, young, energetic coach who knows how to coach DBs sounds pretty good in a pass-happy PAC 12.

[video=youtube;dM6w20izIzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM6w20izIzE[/video]

I can imagine the recruits & players would enjoy playing for a coach like this.

He's more of the Pete Carroll mold, I dont think there are any current college head coaches who have this sort of personality so they hire guys on the staff to keep the kids upbeat and recruits interested in playing at the school.

Embree from all accounts was very unlikable.

I am starting to really like him, but I highly doubt he is being considered by Bohn.

Maybe if Shannahan puts in a recommendation although the Redskins do not want him to leave anytime soon.

I dont see any way he gets a job this far away in Colorado.

Maybe if Shannahan puts in a recommendation although the Redskins do not want him to leave anytime soon.

I dont see any way he gets a job this far away in Colorado.

Didn't the Mastermind put up good rep for Embree? No thanks on this guy. Need a HC, not a DB coach.

So was Nick Saban's in Miami and he had 2x more experience.

Some guys aren't fit for the pro game.
Did Saban really fail at Miami though? Dolphins were 4-12 the year Saban took over, then he took them to 9-7. His 2nd year was 6-10 before going back to college. Morris went 3-13, 10-6, 4-12, and his last year there, he lost the locker room. It's not like that team was filled with bunch of veterans either, it was with a young team.

Did Saban really fail at Miami though? Dolphins were 4-12 the year Saban took over, then he took them to 9-7. His 2nd year was 6-10 before going back to college. Morris went 3-13, 10-6, 4-12, and his last year there, he lost the locker room. It's not like that team was filled with bunch of veterans either, it was with a young team.

You could throw out any number of names - Steve Spurrier, Butch Davis, etc. Not sure how I feel about him as a HC, but he would probably make a great DC. No point talking about that though since HC's inevitably bring in assistants that they have worked with or at least have some kind of relationship though (and for good reason).

He was also a 33 year old HC, pretty tough to command an NFL locker room when you're younger than some of your players.

I'm with Sacky. Too much NFL, not enough college at this point for us to gamble on. My point being we need someone who can and has done a lot of recruiting.

Theres not as many 33+ years olds as you might think. There are some.

Maybe, but I cut him a little slack for a guy in his first HC gig that was roughly the same age as his players and had to follow Jon Gruden, not an easy spot to be coaching in and he still pulled out one 10 win season.

Back