What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New CSU practice facility

leash, am I talking about cu recruiting???

negative. i was commenting on csu recruiting. our own woes are noted, yet detract from the point on the table.

if you want to start a thread about cu's practice facility and recruiting that is associated with it, hop to it.

You made a comment about CSU's record. They had a much better record than expected under Fairchilds first season, that is somethign to sell. You made it sound like CSU didn't have a good record. It's ok, you can admit you're wrong sometimes, you don't have to spin stuff to make it sound different.

True dat. Can't hurt having a former NFL offensive coordinator as head coach.

that is a factor that certainly plays in to the helpful side of recruiting.

You made a comment about CSU's record. They had a much better record than expected under Fairchilds first season, that is somethign to sell. You made it sound like CSU didn't have a good record. It's ok, you can admit you're wrong sometimes, you don't have to spin stuff to make it sound different.

even with their "better than expected" season, kids are impressed with wins and the ability to play for national championships, therefore csu's record is not going to impress.

it is a simple concept, and that is the way it is leash. i am not wrong in what i said - wins are something kids get excited about. unless you have evidence to the contrary that is a rule rather than an exception?

even with their "better than expected" season, kids are impressed with wins and the ability to play for national championships, therefore csu's record is not going to impress.

it is a simple concept, and that is the way it is leash. i am not wrong in what i said - wins are something kids get excited about. unless you have evidence to the contrary that is a rule rather than an exception?

Their is no denying that the Non-BCS status of the MWC sets CSU behind the curve to BCS affiliated schools in terms of recruiting. That said, it seems clear that the MWC is reaping the benefits of recent high level success on the recruiting trail. TCU, BYU, and Utah have all been recruiting very well. In fact, all of their 2009 classes measure favorably to CU's class. My hope is that increased exposure at the top of the MWC will continue to raise the perception of the conference and begin to filter down to other programs. CSU seems to be getting in the mix with higher level kids (i.e. Pete Thomas) as other high level kids begin to commit to MWC programs (Pachall - TCU; Heaps - BYU).

The stated goals of the atheletic department going into this whole process was to compete for conference titles and BCS busting seasons. The practice facility and strategic hiring of a coach with NFL experience I believe were all a part of that plan. To me it is far to early to tell if these decisions will have the desired effect on recruits and in turn winning football at CSU. Fairchild is off to a nice start, but this is the start of his second "full cycle" with the program and the facility isn't even finished. The plan is in place and if you are a CSU fan it is an exciting time to see if in fact it could begin to elevate the program. But at least allow enough time for the paint to dry on the facility before making statements as to whether it will have an impact or not.

Last edited:
I think the point was that CSU had more wins last year than CU did. :confused:

better as it was (and i did say i noted that - in other words "i get it") yours was not a record that recruits will salivate at. do you disagree?

Their is no denying that the Non-BCS status of the MWC sets CSU behind the curve to BCS affiliated schools in terms of recruiting. That said, it seems clear that the MWC is reaping the benefits of recent high level success on the recruiting trail. TCU, BYU, and Utah have all been recruiting very well. In fact, all of their 2009 classes measure favorably to CU's class. .

that was my next point - there are schools within your conference with records that recruits DO salivate at.

CsquaredCC said:
My hope is that increased exposure at the top of the MWC will continue to raise the perception of the conference and begin to filter down to other programs.

I am not sure how that will pan out for you. Did CU or Baylor benefit from top recruits always choosing in-conference heavyweights such as Texas and Oklahoma? Are we getting a significant amount of trickle down? Has it catapulted us back into national prominence? Our heavyweights have been at it for far longer. Do you want this kind of trajectory?

CsquaredCC said:
The stated goals of the atheletic department going into this whole process was to compete for conference titles and BCS busting seasons. The practice facility and strategic hiring of a coach with NFL experience I believe were all a part of that plan. To me it is far to early to tell if these decisions will have the desired effect on recruits and in turn winning football at CSU. Fairchild is off to a nice start, but this is the start of his second "full cycle" with the program and the facility isn't even finished. The plan is in place and if you are a CSU fan it is an exciting time to see if in fact it could begin to elevate the program

best of luck. i think it is as good a strategy that you can have. only time will tell.

Last edited:

Useless arguing with you. I think CSU winning is the best thing for their recruiting IMO. To each their own. I still think you tried to spin it differently. There are lots of talented athletes in the country, not every one is gonnna go to an Oklahoma or Florida, whatever.

Useless arguing with you. I think CSU winning is the best thing for their recruiting IMO. To each their own. I still think you tried to spin it differently. There are lots of talented athletes in the country, not every one is gonnna got o an Oklahoma or Florida, whatever.

I think you are right on a couple points:

1. It is useless arguing. I am not here to bicker, rather to discourse. Therefore it is pointless engaging in an argument.
2. I agree that if CSU puts together a ten win plus season, it will be an amazing thing for their recruiting. This generalizes to be the same for anybody.

I am unconcerned with how you *think* I tried to spin anything. I said what I meant, and I have clarified to the point where it is crystal. CSU's record last year has hardly resulted in kids flocking in droves, has it? Are they full up on recruits already, like other programs who had undeniable success? Last I checked, their wins have impressed to three recruits. Texas wins have translated to 19 recruits. I know you can see the statistical difference. Kids want wins, and they want national exposure. A facility alone is not a draw. But it is a cool toy.

I think you are right on a couple points:

1. It is useless arguing. I am not here to bicker, rather to discourse. Therefore it is pointless engaging in an argument.
2. I agree that if CSU puts together a ten win plus season, it will be an amazing thing for their recruiting. This generalizes to be the same for anybody.

I am unconcerned with how you *think* I tried to spin anything. I said what I meant, and I have clarified to the point where it is crystal. CSU's record last year has hardly resulted in kids flocking in droves, has it? Are they full up on recruits already, like other programs who had undeniable success? Last I checked, their wins have impressed to three recruits. Texas wins have translated to 19 recruits. I know you can see the statistical difference. Kids want wins, and they want national exposure. A facility alone is not a draw. But it is a cool toy.

No one dare bicker and argue with LB, she is the queen of all! SHe knows all!!!!!:rolleyes:

what would the Buffs record have been if they played in the MWC?

what would the Buffs record have been if they played in the MWC?

So difficult to project, but here is my attempt. I don't think they were better than any of the "Big 3" last season (Utah, BYU, TCU) and I think the AFA game would have been close.

I say 3 conference losses.

Last edited:
So difficult to project, but here is my attempt. I don't think they were better than any of the "Big 3" last season (Utah, BYU, TCU) and I think the AFA game would have been close.

CSU record in the Big12 ?

No one dare bicker and argue with LB, she is the queen of all! SHe knows all!!!!!:rolleyes:

Um, go print this out, then go into the bathroom and read it outloud while looking at yourself. Most of the time, you are the one who tries to argue with her. Not that it is the least bit entertaining for the rest of us.....:smile2:

I say 2 conference wins for the Rams in the North....CSU clearly beats ISU (who lost to UNLV last season) and has a close game with KSU.

Also, given CU's injury bug last year and CSU's improvement over the course of the year, I think a later season matchup between the two would have been a more interesting one to watch.

Last edited:
I say 2 conference wins for the Rams in the North....CSU clearly beats ISU (who lost to UNLV last season) and has a close game with KSU.

Also, given CU's injury bug last year and CSU's improvement over the course of the year, I think a later season matchup between the two would have been a more interesting one to watch.

:lol: Yeah, the first game of the year doesn't count and those epic wins against new mexico and wyoming with 2 lame duck coaches was some of the best football played in all of college football in 2008 :rolleyes:

:lol: Yeah, the first game of the year doesn't count and those epic wins against new mexico and wyoming with 2 lame duck coaches was some of the best football played in all of college football in 2008 :rolleyes:

I never said the early season game doesn't count and I never included an assumed win over CU in my 2 win total. I simply think the game would have been more competitive later in the year. Plus I wouldn't be throwing bricks in glass houses if I were you....CU's two home conference wins by a combined 5 points over ISU and KSU late in the year wasn't exactly compelling football.

Last edited:

Assuming they were in the north.... They might have beaten ISU, and maybe KSU. From the south maybe A&M. So not very good.

this entire turn of the discussion is intriguing. i think csquared is possibly correct with a 3 loss prediction of cu in the mwc. i also think he is spot on with the rams winning two in the north. the south would be a shellacking, or a reprieve, depending on who was drawn.

i also think a later season matchup would have been more competitive. but i still loved the early season pounding all the same. :smile:

Funny hearing Csquared talking about the potential of a later in the season matchup. Remember when GB was here and always had a hard time at the beginning of the year, but would finish strong? We were all saying the exact same thing then.

Funny how that works.

A lot, again, you are trying to spin it out of subject. Just admit you were wrong perfect princess, it's ok, it's ok!!! We all make mistakes!:thumbsup:

leash, i do not lie to boost the male ego. i will not back down from my assertion that csu's record was not impressive enough to truly generate recruit interest last year. i understand you were attempting to be kind, but that kindness does not change facts. since you are incapable of discussing the topic and have to resort to personal attack, our discourse is over.

i am always happy to bat ideas back and forth whenever you are capable of bringing respect and a focus on topic to the table.

Funny hearing Csquared talking about the potential of a later in the season matchup. Remember when GB was here and always had a hard time at the beginning of the year, but would finish strong? We were all saying the exact same thing then.

Funny how that works.

:lol: touche!

Back