What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New CU Buffs coach Jon Embree pulls scholarship offers for Sherry, Farrow

I understand the reasoning but this doesn't help recruiting in these area's much by pulling the scholi's or does it not matter?

Personally I don't mind it. No sense in wasting a scholarship offer on a kid that will never see the field because they don't fit into Embree's system. To me, it shows as a leader, Embrito is not affraid to make tough calls and hurt some feelings - A complete 180 from the last regime. As far as the kids go, yeah it stinks but honestly how many times has a football program been in a position in the past where the kid changes his mind at the last minute and said school loses out on a player in a key position of need. Kids do it all the time to schools and they should know that there is a risk involved on their end too especially if they commit to a program that has a coach on the hot seat.

Personally I don't mind it. No sense in wasting a scholarship offer on a kid that will never see the field because they don't fit into Embree's system. To me, it shows as a leader, Embrito is not affraid to make tough calls and hurt some feelings - A complete 180 from the last regime. As far as the kids go, yeah it stinks but honestly how many times has a football program been in a position in the past where the kid changes his mind at the last minute and said school loses out on a player in a key position of need. Kids do it all the time to schools and they should know that there is a risk involved on their end too especially if they commit to a program that has a coach on the hot seat.

@ the bold: I can think of one recruit Barney should have said no to when he took the job.

Back