What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New DB and/or WR coach?

FWIW, I came a cross a job posting for an assistant football coach at CU on the NCAA's website. It was apparently posted today. Does not specify any particular position, just said "Assistant Football Coach".

I hope they are automatically reposting the job after some expiration period and not just getting that up today.

FWIW, I came a cross a job posting for an assistant football coach at CU on the NCAA's website. It was apparently posted today. Does not specify any particular position, just said "Assistant Football Coach".

I hope they are automatically reposting the job after some expiration period and not just getting that up today.

I hope that they're posting it for the first time today. That would likely mean that they've found their guy and are simply fulfilling the state hiring requirement laws by advertising the job.

I hope that they're posting it for the first time today. That would likely mean that they've found their guy and are simply fulfilling the state hiring requirement laws by advertising the job.

i just applied for the CU job and an assistant coaching job at Mich :thumbsup: :lol:

I looked on the CU jobs site just now and they also have the football assistant job up. They also have an opening for a "Football Operations Technical Intern". Also, they say for both positions that "applications received by January 24th will receive full consideration" but also that "Applications will be accepted until the position is filled." Whether they have a guy already or not, I think that we'll find out soon. At least, I hope so.

Don't they have to do it? I remember they posted a job opening for the MBB HC job after they fired RP.

Yes. State employee. Equal opportunity hiring.

The job posting today and only being open for a week tells me we have the position filled and are now doing the minimum the law requires before finalizing things.

HOWEVER, they are in the process of hiring a coach even if they are not talking about it. I don't know if it's a WR coach or not.

I could definitely see a scenario where Hawkins is coaching the WRs again and we bring on another assistant to coach a specific position like safeties. Seems to me we want Ambrose to be out on the road recruiting as much as possible.

I could definitely see a scenario where Hawkins is coaching the WRs again and we bring on another assistant to coach a specific position like safeties. Seems to me we want Ambrose to be out on the road recruiting as much as possible.

I still wonder why someone like Cedric Cormier was not approached. Have the Buffs lost all touch with the past? Cormier has coached WRs on the college level for 3 years, familiar with CU, connections into Texas, energetic and young. Affordable and available (obviously).

I still wonder why someone like Cedric Cormier was not approached. Have the Buffs lost all touch with the past? Cormier has coached WRs on the college level for 3 years, familiar with CU, connections into Texas, energetic and young. Affordable and available (obviously).

Agree. He also coached at the high school level in Texas. Connections to the Houston area would be wonderful.

You really think so? I'd be shocked if Hawkins didn't focus all his efforts as HC. Well, I guess I shouldn't say that. Nothing should shock me anymore, :lol:

Do you know that they haven't been in contact with him or are you assuming that if they had contacted him he would have been offered and taken the position?

Why would any coach take a job at CU right now?

Everybody knows Hawkins is going to get ****canned in a year, so it is only a one year gig. I guess if you are comfortable taking a job living out of a suitcase for a year, then the CU wide receiver job is right for you!

I would just give the job to Jashon Sykes or one of the GA's and just let them handle it for a year.

Does anyone else think it is funny that they post coaching positions o the cu job bulletin?

I find it quite amusing

:yeahthat:

Are they really expecting that some douchebag with no football coaching experience is going to see the ad posted and go "Oh, football coaching. I'll apply for THAT!!"? Much less actually wanting that to happen?? :lol:

:yeahthat:

Are they really expecting that some douchebag with no football coaching experience is going to see the ad posted and go "Oh, football coaching. I'll apply for THAT!!"? Much less actually wanting that to happen?? :lol:

Oh, I'm sure there are plenty of dooshes that do that. Pretty positive in fact.

Do you know that they haven't been in contact with him or are you assuming that if they had contacted him he would have been offered and taken the position?

I do know they did not contact him. I also know that he would of loved to come to CU.

David Beaty now OC at Rice....

Still nary a peep about CU's AC opening. Serioulsy, now that the coaching convention is over, who will be left to take the job after much longer? Strange days in Boulder......

David Beaty now OC at Rice....

Still nary a peep about CU's AC opening. Serioulsy, now that the coaching convention is over, who will be left to take the job after much longer? Strange days in Boulder......
If you mean WR assistant, I think they have a grad assistant with a bit of an NFL background who the players really like. I don't know if he is eligible to become a coach yet or not (grad status). It could be that they are strongly considering him.

If you mean WR assistant, I think they have a grad assistant with a bit of an NFL background who the players really like. I don't know if he is eligible to become a coach yet or not (grad status). It could be that they are strongly considering him.
Isn't there a full-time AC position open? I am not talking grad assts. or interns.

Isn't there a full-time AC position open? I am not talking grad assts. or interns.
I think so. Greg Brown's position, right? But they may promote a grad assistant to permanent coach rather than bring in someone from outside.

I think so. Greg Brown's position, right? But they may promote a grad assistant to permanent coach rather than bring in someone from outside.

Have you been following this thread, or did you just join?

Have you been following this thread, or did you just join?
I don't know. I have short term memory problems. What did I say that is a repeat of what has already been said. Maybe each thread should have a "Keeping DBT up to date" post that could be updated by one of you youngsters on a daily basis? :smile:

Greg Brown's position was filled by promoting Ashley Ambrose, I thought. Coach Grandpa's gig expired, and that spot remains open...

Greg Brown's position was filled by promoting Ashley Ambrose, I thought. Coach Grandpa's gig expired, and that spot remains open...
Maybe that explains Walrus" snide put down, :lol:. Anyway, I think Skyler Fulton might be being considered for WR coach. The players love the guy.

Do we not have 2 coaching spots open? Foster is gone, Brown is gone, and Hawk is likely no longer to be the WR coach. That left 3, but Ambrose filled Brown's spot so 2. ????

Back