What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New DC Poll-Top 4 candidates

Rank order the top 4 candidates.

• D Gibbs

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • C Pendergast

Votes: 71 64.0%
  • DJ Durkin

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • G Gibbs

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters
Let's just hope that we hire a Pac 12 quality defensive coordinator this time. Instead of hiring a MWC caliber coach and paying him an upper tier Pac 12 level salary, which has been Mac's MO up until now, hmm?
Your post makes no sense. His "MO?"

Close, but not quite. Once you graduate, you are an alumnus. You never give that up. There's no "former" about it. You may be a former student, but you'll never be a former alumnus.

What if you're a dick and they pull your diploma? Maybe hasn't happened, but should have I bet.

Let's just hope that we hire a Pac 12 quality defensive coordinator this time. Instead of hiring a MWC caliber coach and paying him an upper tier Pac 12 level salary, which has been Mac's MO up until now, hmm?
Funny. Lindgren was the coach with zero P5 experience and Baer was loaded with it.
I couldn't care less were the coach is coming from as long as the expectation is excellence. If a coach is still young and working his way up the ladder while kicking ass (Orlando) or has plenty of P5 experience and is kicking ass at Houston, idgaf.

From phone

I was going to respond to this...
What if you're a dick and they pull your diploma? Maybe hasn't happened, but should have I bet.

When I saw this, so I hit the multi quote function...
Is Rick Rielly still an alumnus?

And then saw this.
He is, but was conferred the additional monikers of douche and hypocrite. He is now a douche hypocrite alumnus.

Nothing more needs to be said.

You really don't know what MO means?
Haha. What I meant was Mac has only been coaching at this level for three years and, therefore has not established any sort of "MO." And as already pointed out, Lindgren was a "MWC" coach as well. Smart ass.

Last edited:
Haha. What I meant was Mac has only been coaching at this level for three years and, therefore has not established any sort of "MO." And as already pointed out, Lindgren was a "MWC" coach as well. Smart as.
Smart as what? Do we know what his MO is?

All of the names on the list - even Gary Gibbs - are P12 level coordinators. That's not a legitimate concern at this point.

After looking into what Gary Gibbs has done since his stint as HC at OU, I'm actually a little more comfortable with him if that's eventually the direction we take. He knows the game.

All of the names on the list - even Gary Gibbs - are P12 level coordinators. That's not a legitimate concern at this point.

After looking into what Gary Gibbs has done since his stint as HC at OU, I'm actually a little more comfortable with him if that's eventually the direction we take. He knows the game.
For the job at hand, I think we need a guy with a lot of patience and willingness to help kids improve. I'd think Gary Gibbs, being a more veteran guy, might have those things as a strong suit.

would be nice to know the new dc by monday since d gibbs bowl game is friday, dead period doesn't end until 1/14 but having a new dc hired and in place would hopefully help recruiting although it seems like the class is already pretty much done...

For the job at hand, I think we need a guy with a lot of patience and willingness to help kids improve. I'd think Gary Gibbs, being a more veteran guy, might have those things as a strong suit.

Maybe. He's also 62 and has been coaching in the NFL for more than a decade. He may actually have very little patience with college kids. And that might not be a bad thing.

Maybe. He's also 62 and has been coaching in the NFL for more than a decade. He may actually have very little patience with college kids. And that might not be a bad thing.

He had some great defenses at OU under Switzer. Also coached under Saban and Andy Reid (and the great Romeo Crennel...). He watched a player kill himself and managed to seem to stay stable. But mostly, I imagine he could put together a hell of a defensive staff while getting the most out of the players.

He had some great defenses at OU under Switzer. Also coached under Saban and Andy Reid (and the great Romeo Crennel...). He watched a player kill himself and managed to seem to stay stable. But mostly, I imagine he could put together a hell of a defensive staff while getting the most out of the players.
1. Switzer is God.

2. His age really makes me leery. Are we his last stop before retirement? Does he have enough/anything to prove?

Would be interesting to see names of assistants these guys have worked with that would be a good fit here.

Worthless poll I was looking for the Dave Logan option. Now that I got that out of the way I do wonder why D Gibbs took a year off and then went to a UFL team. Lack of options? Or was he not thought of as a good coach?

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see names of assistants these guys have worked with that would be a good fit here.

yeah - I agree with that. And as an aside, those assistant's associated recruiting pipeline that is current... The NFL guys and Pendergast won't have one. I would bet the UH coaches know of some really good Texas kids without top P5 options right now that might be poachable.

Need to add Dick Bumpas. His D is just dominating Ole Miss. Plus his name is awesome. The d-line could be the dogs in an ode to a Christmas Story.

yeah - I agree with that. And as an aside, those assistant's associated recruiting pipeline that is current... The NFL guys and Pendergast won't have one. I would bet the UH coaches know of some really good Texas kids without top P5 options right now that might be poachable.

Definitely. Some potentially big decisions to be made in recruiting.

Back