What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Depth Chart Out

PRich and Speedy fielding punts and B-Lock suggests that this coaching staff is serious about special teams. It is a huge gamble with starters (especially at positions where quality depth is suspect), but teams with good special teams are very competitive. Looks like the best players are going to see the field.

Major props to Josh Ford....glad to hear a guy who said he was going to walk on, work his ass off and make an impact...looks to be doing just that! :thumbsup:

What's the deal with who travels to Hawai'i and who doesn't? Does anyone know what the total number is? I guess I'm just wondering if all the #2s are going to travel or not...

Yikes! Our 2 deep has 11 seniors on offense and 8 on defense, 2 & 4 Jrs, 4 & 7 Sophs, 3 & 0 RS FR, and 2 & 3 FR. I hope this recruiting class pays dividends.

What's the deal with who travels to Hawai'i and who doesn't? Does anyone know what the total number is? I guess I'm just wondering if all the #2s are going to travel or not...
I would think all of the twos would go. If someone gets hurt who do you put in?

Right... that's what I was thinking.

As scary as it is, I'm on board with PRich and Speedy fielding punts. I think, like XIIfan said, the best players take the field. Would hate to see either of them get hurt but a big special teams play can make or break a game.

Some surprises no doubt, not about Clemons really. You could kinda see this **** coming a mile away. I hope it gets him going in a good way, my fingers are crossed. Wouldnt worry too much about Kasa. I think he will get alot of snaps. Im hoping we rotate guys in alot on the dline. I also hope DD or somebody wins the punt returner job. Id like to see PRich do it every now and again but we are in serious trouble if he gets hurt.

In reality, it's TYPICALLY not the actual returner that gets hurt on special teams. It's usually the wedge guys or deep blockers.

I wouldn't be suprised if theres not another change or 2 before the opener.Paterno used to say you can count on losing 1 game per true freshman you have to play...so we're going 10-3!!!!!!

Very excited about our defensive front 3+1. Starters at linebacker are solid. Predicting cornerback by committee which scares me but hopefully we develop a good pass rush to deflect some of the pressure and our corners can wrap up on possessions rather than be laid to waste by burners and a QB with all day in the pocket.

Blake Behrens is the biggest mystery of anyone currently on the roster and has been to me for close to 3 years now. I really hope he can see the field and close his collegiate career on a productive note. Am very interested to see how quickly freshmen like Parker and Goodson can prove they belong on the field.

Last edited:
PRich and Speedy fielding punts and B-Lock suggests that this coaching staff is serious about special teams. It is a huge gamble with starters (especially at positions where quality depth is suspect), but teams with good special teams are very competitive. Looks like the best players are going to see the field.

I think it's a risk worth taking and many good programs do it.

CU used a starting CB (Dave McCloughan) for punt returns and our best WR for kick returns (Mike Pritchard) in 1990.

CU used a thorpe award winning CB for PR in 94 in Chris Hudson

Oregon uses their best player on defense (Cliff Harris) for PR.

Miami used a starting CB at PR in Devin Hester

The list goes on and on, but those are some examples.

Noel Devine, Jacquizz Rodgers are a couple of other star RBs that come to mind.

Ben Kelly was a starter and stud for us.

I think it's a risk worth taking and many good programs do it.

CU used a starting CB (Dave McCloughan) for punt returns and our best WR for kick returns (Mike Pritchard) in 1990.

CU used a thorpe award winning CB for PR in 94 in Chris Hudson

Oregon uses their best player on defense (Cliff Harris) for PR.

Miami used a starting CB at PR in Devin Hester

The list goes on and on, but those are some examples.

Total agreement. Reggie Bush and Percy Harvin returned some in college and while it's hard to make that comparison because of how much talent they had around them at all positions, the team put their best athlete in there and it paid dividends. A relative elite talent for our roster would mean getting a fast guy who knows how to dodge tacklers, even if he is a starter at a skill position. We are going to need all the field position we can get.

I recall an article indicating that the Hawaii travel team would consist of 70 players.

To paraphrase Embree's quote earlier on, he said he'd only bring players that will help CU win...he doesn't need the help of players who contribute to a defeat..."

Surprises to me:

1. Matt Bahr ahead of Devaugh Thornton
2. Vigo only 3rd at his position - seemed like he has gotten a lot of PT this fall for a 3rd teamer
3. We don't have a single 300 lb starting lineman - offensive or defensive.

Yikes! Our 2 deep has 11 seniors on offense and 8 on defense, 2 & 4 Jrs, 4 & 7 Sophs, 3 & 0 RS FR, and 2 & 3 FR. I hope this recruiting class pays dividends.

That is why CU should surprise people in the Pac-12 but 2012...not looking forward to that season.

Total agreement. Reggie Bush and Percy Harvin returned some in college and while it's hard to make that comparison because of how much talent they had around them at all positions, the team put their best athlete in there and it paid dividends. A relative elite talent for our roster would mean getting a fast guy who knows how to dodge tacklers, even if he is a starter at a skill position. We are going to need all the field position we can get.
Yep damn near all the examples above are of teams that had proven depth behind said returner so I agree with you. I like PRich doing it because he is explosive but his explosiveness isnt the only reason I'll hold my breath.

Did the entire team go on a diet? We had some beef up front and looking at the depth chart, all our OL have dropped 10-15 lbs. Is this good or bad? Also, Nick Kasa is 3rd behind poremba at de. Very strange.

CB situation is scary.

I like the 3-4, quick hard hitting lb's and the front 3 pretty good.

Surprises to me:

1. Matt Bahr ahead of Devaugh Thornton
2. Vigo only 3rd at his position - seemed like he has gotten a lot of PT this fall for a 3rd teamer
3. We don't have a single 300 lb starting lineman - offensive or defensive.

I thought you were wrong here, but it looks like miller has lost significant weight, didnt he play around 320 last year?

Seeing Bahktiari and Harris at 295 given their height and age is a good sign.

I thought you were wrong here, but it looks like miller has lost significant weight, didnt he play around 320 last year?

Seeing Bahktiari and Harris at 295 given their height and age is a good sign.

I think miller was 315. The funny thing is rippy. He has gone from 6-2-235 to 6-2 -245 and is now 6-3 -230.

I'd guess that both lines lost bad weight (ie baby fat) but gained muscle.

Saw Nembot over at Farrand today for the first time close up...holy ****.

If they can stay healthy, that front seven looks nasty. Every one of those starters can play.

Nice to see Kyle Washington second at SS. The kid is going to be a good one down the line.

If they can stay healthy, that front seven looks nasty. Every one of those starters can play.

Nice to see Kyle Washington second at SS. The kid is going to be a good one down the line.

Even a few of the guys who aren't starters can play - Cunningham comes to mind.

Back