What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Depth Chart released

Thoughts:

-Sefo must have impressed quite a bit, good for him
-I sure hope Marc Mustoe and Alex Kelley are ready..
-what on earth happened to Kafovalu?
-I really hope Webb doesn't miss any time or we're going to be rocking an extremely undersized LB corps
-nice to see Mosley made a recovery from his subpar spring. Would've been nice to let him redshirt last year and put on some weight..
-Severson at KR, might we be the first team ever to use a linebacker to return kicks? :lol:

I've seen Urlacher do it but I'm pretty sure he was a safety at the time. What happened to the TE we got that got offered by Ole Miss?

Austin Ray. Maybe getting turned into an OT? Would not surprise me if that's the case.

Austin Ray. Maybe getting turned into an OT? Would not surprise me if that's the case.

Might be wise. Sounds like he's not much of a receiving threat.

Not that we're in a great position with them now, but TE is going to be dire next year. Slavin, Irwin, true freshman Keeney? Yikes.

You have to believe that a pass-catching TE is quite high on the must-have lists to fill in the 2014 class.

You have to believe that a pass-catching TE is quite high on the must-have lists to fill in the 2014 class.

We do have one on board, he's just too skinny to count on being physically ready until 2016 imho.

Thoughts:

-Sefo must have impressed quite a bit, good for him
-I sure hope Marc Mustoe and Alex Kelley are ready..
-what on earth happened to Kafovalu?
-I really hope Webb doesn't miss any time or we're going to be rocking an extremely undersized LB corps
-nice to see Mosley made a recovery from his subpar spring. Would've been nice to let him redshirt last year and put on some weight..
-Severson at KR, might we be the first team ever to use a linebacker to return kicks? :lol:

Saw a clip the other night on ESPN of Javon Clowney running track in his state HS meet. Wasn't the fastest guy in the race but he was keeping up and huge.

Kafavalu is higher on the depth chart than seems, since there's multiple sets to the depth chart and we've only seen one. He will be in there on pass rushing situations when we go to a more athletic front and as I believe 'Nik mentioned, likely to be in there in short yardage as well at DE. Versatility is difficult to show on "one" depth chart.

Severson is Clowney. Let's call him "the Freak".... I like it. ;)

If Severson makes 1/10 the impact that Clowney does I'd call that a win for us. I doubt that Severson is close to as fast as Clowney and we know he isn't 270lbs.

Might be wise. Sounds like he's not much of a receiving threat.

Not that we're in a great position with them now, but TE is going to be dire next year. Slavin, Irwin, true freshman Keeney? Yikes.

Dont count out Connor Center. He has looked ok for a guy with such little experience.

Jeffcoat said he likes to use 8-10 lineman in is rotation so Samson should see plenty of playing time.

Jeffcoat said he likes to use 8-10 lineman in is rotation so Samson should see plenty of playing time.

:nod:

Having four sophomores of that 8-10 who saw significant playing time last year should make this one of the deepest position groups on the team. Those numbers will mean something late in games when they are able to sustain longer drives without being gassed and giving up huge plays.

Makes absolutely no sense to have a true freshman as our backup qb... What happens if Wood gets hurt? We burn a quarterback's redshirt for a 2-10 season?... unless the coach just doesn't think Sefo is very good and expects to recruit a guy that can beat out Sefo

Last edited:
Makes absolutely no sense to have a true freshman as our backup qb... What happens if Wood gets hurt? We burn a quarterback's redshirt for a 2-10 season?... unless the coach just doesn't think Sefo is very good and expects to recruit a guy that can beat out Sefo

If sefo played better than the other 2 he deserves to be 2. plus if wood plays well and keeps the job the next 2 years sefo could be starting as a junior and he will hopefully have had some game experience.

If sefo played better than the other 2 he deserves to be 2. plus if wood plays well and keeps the job the next 2 years sefo could be starting as a junior and he will hopefully have had some game experience.

This would be the ideal situation. Fingers crossed. Not much has gone "ideally" for some time around here.

ideally, Sefo sees 0 game action this season thus preserving his redshirt, but at the #2 spot he is able to get the most reps with the 1st string next to Connor and really pushes Connor next season/gets back up experience next season.

As a general rule, unless you have a phenomenal talent on your hands, I'd trade a QB's freshman season for his 5th year Senior season every time. I don't think the 2013 Buffs are a bowl team, so I'd rather have a 22 year old Sefo playing in his 5th year, than an 18 year old Sefo playing as a freshman for a losing team.

I think he's probably the 2nd best option at QB right now, but whether to play him may come down to the situation. If Wood twists an ankle late in a game that has been decided, but isn't expected to miss a game I think they go to Gehrke. Same for late game mop up duty. If Wood is out for an extended period or is completely ineffective then I think that's Sefo's best chance to play.

Reactions: aik
Back