What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New era of optimism....

dcbuffman

I've been a lurker on this forum since my kid got accepted at CU a couple of years ago. So, I'm a newcomer to Buff Nation. I vaguely remember the glory days -- as a result, my pain quotient is a lot lower than most of you long-time diehards.

I went to the WVU game and watched the Texas game on tv. I thought the Buffs looked good in both. If Goodman doesn't miss a couple of short ones in Morgantown, the Buffs might've won that one. (Truth is, Goodman has destroyed CU momentum in any number of games. With an average kicker, Dan would have three or four more wins under his belt.)

I'll be at the game tomorrow. Buffs are going to win this one in a shoot-out. Then, the schedule really looks manageable. Yeah, they'll probably lose at OSU, but if they win at home against Missouri, we could be looking at playing NU for the right to go to a lousy bowl. Hey, at this point I'd be thrilled with a lousy bowl. (That's the advantage of not having been a Buff fan in the glory days!)

Keep the faith. The tide is about to turn....

Always ready to change my tune. It has been a frustrating year.

I have picked the Buffs to win this game based on their performances in the last two games. This is a departure from an earlier prediction of a Buff loss to KU. I base my thinking on the resurgence of the defense - particularly the Texas game. I just hope the offense can make a similar jump in play.

Yes all is good, all is good. No worries about these Buffs, we'll hammer KU for sure

Last edited:
Nice to see some fresh optimism the day before the game :thumbsup:

I have no gut feel for how this team will play on Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised to see a win, wouldn't be surprised to see a loss. Either way, I expect it to be the game the season hinges on. If we win, I see things turning around and see us winning more games than we lose the rest of the way. If we lose, I see it getting ugly (uglier?).

I do agree that it seemed like something changed in how the team has been playing lately, but we still continue to see a few (major) mistakes each game that kill us.. Here's hoping that changes on Saturday!

There is the CU hormone inside of us that just needs to be let out. It's the hormone that comes out when we beat OU and when we walk into Folsom Field on game day. Let's hope that we feel it again this Saturday against Kansas. Let's get this on the right track!

I've been a lurker on this forum since my kid got accepted at CU a couple of years ago. So, I'm a newcomer to Buff Nation. I vaguely remember the glory days -- as a result, my pain quotient is a lot lower than most of you long-time diehards.

I went to the WVU game and watched the Texas game on tv. I thought the Buffs looked good in both. If Goodman doesn't miss a couple of short ones in Morgantown, the Buffs might've won that one. (Truth is, Goodman has destroyed CU momentum in any number of games. With an average kicker, Dan would have three or four more wins under his belt.)

I'll be at the game tomorrow. Buffs are going to win this one in a shoot-out. Then, the schedule really looks manageable. Yeah, they'll probably lose at OSU, but if they win at home against Missouri, we could be looking at playing NU for the right to go to a lousy bowl. Hey, at this point I'd be thrilled with a lousy bowl. (That's the advantage of not having been a Buff fan in the glory days!)

Keep the faith. The tide is about to turn....

Bartender I'll have one of what he's having.:thumbsup:

It's a little early, but tequila sunrise is about right.

Needs an umbrella, though.

tequilasunrise.jpg

I'm just waiting for Reesing to have another bad game against us like he did, umm, well, oh nevermind... :eek:fftopic:

I have them winning this week too! I think they come out at home all fired up and playing with some confidence due to their last couple performances. Couple that with a new QB under center and I have a good feeling about this one. Which is the first time that has happened all year. Kansas is decent but they really haven't played anyone a all up until this point. I think we win this one in a close one.

Roll BUFFS!!!!

Kansas is decent but they really haven't played anyone a all up until this point

This is one thing I've thought about lately. They really haven't played anyone, and they definitely have not played a 'tough' road game (but, are we even considered a tough road game this year??). Their only road game so far has been @ UTEP. Otherwise, 4 home games for them. I'm hoping that'll be an advantage for us.

Back