What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New name: Mike Gundy

Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lots of rumors here in Oklahoma that Mike Gundy is not getting along with his AD and TBoone.

He's getting a lot of play for Ark and Tenn jobs. He makes about $3.25 mil.

Would you be interested in the Buffs going after him?

Is he a good coach, or does Sugar Daddy's money help him be better than he is. They have the best facilities in the country...could he recruit to Boulder? Don't know, but at $3M+ he's out of our price range.

I was actually thinking Gundy last night in the Chat Room but did not have a feel for if he would really be on the market. If he has issues with TBoone, his name should be one that is on the list that Mike is considering.

Gundy just won the Big 12 last year...that should have bought him leeway in Stillwater. He went through three QBs this season and nearly beat OU in Norman recently.

It would take a significant investment to get someone like Mike Gundy. $3.5+ million just for Gundy. He does have a top notch pedigree though, and if the worst baggage you can find about him is the "I'm a man, I'm 40" rant - he's pretty much golden.

I could see what he might be interested in leaving OSU - but I do think it is doubtful that he will. He's always going to be 2nd fiddle to OU. He's always going to have a tough time competing with OU and Texas.

It would take a significant investment to get someone like Mike Gundy. $3.5+ million just for Gundy. He does have a top notch pedigree though, and if the worst baggage you can find about him is the "I'm a man, I'm 40" rant - he's pretty much golden.

I could see what he might be interested in leaving OSU - but I do think it is doubtful that he will. He's always going to be 2nd fiddle to OU. He's always going to have a tough time competing with OU and Texas.

Agree, and he also played there so that is another factor.

It seems like it is a rumor started by Arkansas fans...remember the Houston Nutt rumors to replace Hawkins or something like that? With the sun setting on Mack Brown in Austin as it seems, the road to the Big 12 Championship runs through Oklahoma these days. Plus he will have to sort through three QBs next spring as the starting QB for the Pokes and they played well...a nice problem to have.

Hey he could also bring the spread offense here... no need to learn it in 4 days in the spring! woohoo!!

I know that every cirucmstance is unique, but this has Rich Rod to Michigan failure implications in my mind. Not sold on this one.

Given the UT rumors of Mack calling it a career...Gundy could pack up for Austin as soon as Mack is announcing his retirement on the LHN.

Idk, I like Anderson. I like a few others too, snow and duffs guys are both worth a look. Search already, better do it right this time, Nik should get to sit in.

Back