What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New NCAA taunting and eye black rules.

Easy - just don't taunt. It's not saying guys can't celebrate.
In a perfect world Id agree with you. However, what's taunting and what isnt will vary between officiating crews. I mean one example they said was taunting was a guy holding the ball out in front of him as he was about to cross the goal line, imho people are just a little to ****ing sensitive these days.

Pro sports are ruining the college game. The NBA imposes it's will on guys leaving after one and done and these new rules just bland the game. I'm not much for taunting while your scoring but to leave it up to these 90 year old refs and officials to determine what is taunting and what isn't is a concern.

On the eye black, what about these guys that put it on to look like Alice Cooper on steroids, or comanche indian war paint? Has this been outlawed? That seems a lot more ridiculous than writing to me.

Thats the new rule, it wipes out touchdowns. They showed some examples of what would be called and it was pathetic imo. God forbid guys actually having fun playing a game. As long as you arent showing someone up, I dont see it. Wiping touchdowns out is gonna cost people games and piss alot of people off.

Yea the one in particular that stuck out to me was a TD by Tate of ND and he held the ball out in front of him a little and he glanced back in a very non-taunting manner. They had an NCAA official or higher-up on the show and he said that would have been flagged. WHAT?!?! You gotta be kidding me!

The celebration penalties are bad enough but this is over the top. Sports are becoming way too controlled in so many ways and this is just another way of doing so.

Easy - just don't taunt. It's not saying guys can't celebrate.

That sure seems to be the message the NCAA has sent over the last few seasons with stupid excessive celebrations penalties.

[video=youtube;E-qccCuL4nQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-qccCuL4nQ[/video]

these guys approve of this new rule.

grumpy-old-men.jpg

On the eye black, what about these guys that put it on to look like Alice Cooper on steroids, or comanche indian war paint? Has this been outlawed? That seems a lot more ridiculous than writing to me.

Exhibit A: TT's Brandon Carter

brandoncarter.jpg

Back