What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Nike Uniforms @ CU....

How much slack should Nike have to redesign CU's uniforms?

• Total voters
regardless of the type of uniform, I really don't understand why we can't have our pants match the ****ing helmets. It looks awful, its an elementary mistake, and its easily fixable. Which is probably why its so frustrating :lol:

Amen. Shirley someone can get in touch with whoever managed the unis in 1995 and ask them how they did it.

3BackFutureLloyd1.jpeg

If you're going to build a time machine to improve CU's uniform, why not do it with some style?

I disagree. While true that we don't have the same tradition that those other schools have, we have established a recognizable brand for our football uniforms. I see no reason to mess with something that works. Keep the unifroms just as they were last year. No changes, except for the road unis, which need to be burned.

What is that brand? I'm not saying we change our colors, but the only things that have been constant in our football uniforms over the years have been Ralphie and the Black and Gold colors. Everything else has been tweaked or changed along the way:

Mesh material, current synthetic, shadowed numbering, outlined numbering, solid numbering, silver numbering, names on the back, no names, stripes on the sleeves, numbers on the sleeves, large COLORADO lettering, small Colorado lettering, mid-riffs, numbers on helmets, horns on helmets, Ralphie on helmets, black helmets, and gold helmets and pants that seem to change color every season...and worst of all, powder blue unis.

We think of the Mac unis as our tradition because they were simple and the team was good, but we don't really have a tradition.

The Ralphie logo is a recognizable brand and the BnG to some extent too, but I don't see a recognizable uniform brand at all. Even our hoops team wore grey jerseys this year.

We're not asking Nike to redo our uniforms for money, we're asking them to do it for a ****load of money!!!
Spaceballs%20-%20Man%20and%20Mog%20(250w).jpg

i hope the AD takes a nice long look at the poll results.

agree. Nike had a shot in 06-07 and they bent us over a log imo. still, to this day i have a hard time believing that was the "best" they could do. Nike, the #1 sports merchandise design on planet Earth. i get wanted to make an aesthetic break with Barney and the scandal, sort of at least on logical or PR terms....but those were awful.

agree. Nike had a shot in 06-07 and they bent us over a log imo. still, to this day i have a hard time believing that was the "best" they could do. Nike, the #1 sports merchandise design on planet Earth. i get wanted to make an aesthetic break with Barney and the scandal, sort of at least on logical or PR terms....but those were awful.
I do like that they attempted to re integrate the silver. But I think its obvious (based on how many of the 1990 remakes I see around campus) that the student body and fans like the new (old) uniforms

Nike Pro Combat.jpg

First attempt at a silver special event uni. Thoughts, ideas, and opinions welcome. (BTW I Know the font is wrong, its impossible to find Boulder font anywhere except Nike.)

If we did a alternate, I'd like to play up the silver helmet looks with horns... or go with gold helmets with black horns... something cool to that effect.

The home uniforms last year were sick. Keep that up and change the road unis to match. And change the pants so I don't have to read anymore **** about the pants not matching the helmets. One or two games a year with an alternate would be fine, preferably those sweet silver helmets with those horns, but a different jersey. Those gold ones were AWFUL. And I say that even though I own one. When else do you get to buy a Whizzer White jersey? Must have for AllBuffs attorneys, IMO.

I'm in the minority, but I'm OK with giving Nike another crack at it. They definitely have their fair share of hits and misses, but I like the fact that they seem to be on the leading edge of uniform technology (lighter and more flexible/comfortable materials). Plus like it or not, the athletes love this stuff and all the different combinations and it generates a little buzz and probably some additional merchandise sales.

As long as they keep Ralphie on the helmet, I'm good and if we don't like it, it will change in a few years anyway. Unlike Michigan, Penn ST, Alabama, etc, CU doesn't have uniform tradition. Most people seem to love the Mac era unis, but we had those for several years in the 80's and early 90's - not exactly decades of tradition.
It's hard to imagine they could do anythng worse as last year's, but then again - just look at Oregon!

Back