What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Pre-game Tradition

I hope someone within the AD reads fans' opinions to get a gauge on certain things like this...

because if they do, I think this idea is ****ing stupid. I agree with Sacky that it's contrived and lame. We shouldn't force a tradition that emulates other schools'. Traditions are created naturally as events occur, not through brute force. That's one thing I didn't like about Hawk when he first got here - he kept talking about lack of tradition, and establishing tradition. So he paints over the bricks and tries to start that walk-down Fri nights, which I also thought was forced and unoriginal.

Don't do this buffalo head...please.

I hope someone within the AD reads fans' opinions to get a gauge on certain things like this...

because if they do, I think this idea is ****ing stupid. I agree with Sacky that it's contrived and lame. We shouldn't force a tradition that emulates other schools'. Traditions are created naturally as events occur, not through brute force. That's one thing I didn't like about Hawk when he first got here - he kept talking about lack of tradition, and establishing tradition. So he paints over the bricks and tries to start that walk-down Fri nights, which I also thought was forced and unoriginal.

In fairness to the AD, we now have properly colored gold helmets and uniforms that tend toward the traditional rather than some futuristic vision, so I'd say they're working hard to understand our opinions.

What if we got rid of ralphie and added a banner we touch. That would be badass, like Michigan badass

Maybe we could just replace Ralphie with a banner that the players touch. Scientific polls suggest that this is a superior crowd-motivating technique.

When our head coach runs out on the field with a smoking metal buffalo head on a spike, what will he be wearing? I mean, he'll look ridiculous in an every day outfit.

Burma%20Adventure%20Travel%20Naga%20Warrior%20wearing%20Buffalo%20Head%20Gear.jpg

I will be disappointed if 1) there aren't at least a few good farking attempts to capture Wally's vision and 2) the whole thread doesn't end up in the isle of misfits.

Maybe we could just replace Ralphie with a banner that the players touch. Scientific polls suggest that this is a superior crowd-motivating technique.

Ralphie running is by far the best and most impressive game starting tradition in college football. Don't **** with perfection.

For this to work the Buffalo should be spiked on the other end by the student section to get the 15 that are there before kick off fired up... All in all i'm in the this is kind of lame group.

Coach Hagan? Coach? You mean master telephone dialer Hagan or High school football prospect stalker Hagan right?

Sorry, sorry. I know I know, he's a great buff and part of the buff family, yada yada yada... Everything about the juicebox era still stings and sometimes I lash out.

^^^This............

Through the entire DII Error the only thing we had was the best entrance in football. Everyone on the planet runs out of a tunnel behind some lame mascot.

CU runs out behind what has been voted top 5 mascot in football every year. With everything wrong with CU, lets change that!

I have not seen anything about what Hagan is talking about, but if true he should be fire tomorrow.

If we are going to have a new tradition it should be that someone tries to ride ralphie. If they make it past the 15, I get to **** a member of cu express of my choosing.

Follow Ralphie onto the field! That is far and away the best tradition in College football that does nOt need fixing or changing. Nuffield said.

I'm not for this, but traditions start somehwhere. I'm sure there were some crotchety old men against running out behind a buffalo years ago.

:lol:....I love how this place always gets more worked up over uniforms and traditions than anything else

I could care less either way so long as the REAL Ralphie is there I'll always be excited about our pre-game....outside of that...just win football games

My first thought. Also, why are you so fat?

[video=youtube;hT9yEHOjYjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT9yEHOjYjU[/video]

I think you can confidently anticipate rep from Burrito for this one.

In fairness to the AD, we now have properly colored gold helmets and uniforms that tend toward the traditional rather than some futuristic vision, so I'd say they're working hard to understand our opinions.

As long as the smoke matches the pants, we'll be ok.

I've been waiting for UBL to say "April Fool's" or the like on this issue... I'm completely against it... I've been picturing something like this:

1284343563550_hz-myalibaba-web3_5591.jpg

Ralphie is the GREATEST tradition in college football. Why would anyone want to change or upstage Ralphie's run. Concentrate on winning the Hawaii game and rebuild the wall. Go Buffs!

I got it figured out. Our team is the Colorado BuffaloeS, so why do we have a single Buffalo mascot. Lets get a ****ing herd of them. How about 100+ Buffalo running wild before the game?

Back