What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Proving Grounds Episode 2

Damn. I wonder how much cooler my life would look with CU Video editing it? I think..much better than now. :nod:

Thanks for putting this video up. It's been a long time since I've seen Colorado football the way it should be. I'm looking forward to seeing that this is it.

Good stuff. I like the makeup of this staff, nice mixture of young and experienced. It's anyone's guess of who will be around when we finally become successful again, but it looks like we're heading in the right direction.

Finally got a chance to watch the whole video, a couple random things stuck out to me:

1. Coaches talking about changing the schemes to take advantage of the talent that they have. This is nice to see; I suspect that in 3-4 years we'll probably have a situation where they will say something like "what you're going to see this season is the defense/offense that we've been wanting to run all along. We had to change things to fit our players, now we have the players to do what we really want."

2. We're going to have a simple offense. It will "look complicated," but it's going to be pretty basic. IMO this the key to succeeding in college football.

3. Connor Wood certainly passes the eyeball test. In a few places it also looked like he had the body language of someone who intends/expects to lead the team on the field. (Obviously a few seconds of video here and there isn't much to base such an observation on, but that's what I saw.)

Finally got a chance to watch the whole video, a couple random things stuck out to me:

3. Connor Wood certainly passes the eyeball test. In a few places it also looked like he had the body language of someone who intends/expects to lead the team on the field. (Obviously a few seconds of video here and there isn't much to base such an observation on, but that's what I saw.)
The problem (and also the awesome) thing about these videos is it makes EVERYONE look All-American. Then I watch a real game....

I hate these videos. They get me all jacked up for the season, then I get let down.

I hate these videos. They get me all jacked up for the season, then I get let down.

You just have to keep in mind that these types of videos are very much like fishing shows.

They film hours and hours and hours and hours. In the end, they parry it down to about 15 minutes worth of actual footage.

Back