What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New rival

None of the other PAC 12 teams get me upset like Nebraska. It will take some time for me to consider any of our South Division teams a rival.

And if it were up to Mac it would be USC. Oregon is not in our division and they have extremely limited historical success (although with all the Nike $$ I tend to believe they will have long term success).

This probably has been talked about, but I didn't see it.

So, who is the new hated rival? I'd lean toward Ricky and UCLA - because of him and how soon we will be competetive w/ other teams. Problem is, we'd all have to junk our Nuggets' stuff. No powder blue in the fieldhouse!

Go Buffs!
Does the other team have to acknowledge the rivalry?

:yeahthat: Rivalries are created when you play meaningful games against each other, year after year.

We will see where it developes. My guess is that we will play some epic games against USC as time goes on. The Utes may turn into that team, but as Spiff says, you get to be rivals when the teams start beating each other in games that mean something. You cannot force a rivalry, it has to be created over time.

We will see where it developes. My guess is that we will play some epic games against USC as time goes on. The Utes may turn into that team, but as Spiff says, you get to be rivals when the teams start beating each other in games that mean something. You cannot force a rivalry, it has to be created over time.

CU and Utah already have been down that route. Do research on the CU-UU series between 1910-1947 and then note how many times the conference title was on the line.

CU and Utah already have been down that route. Do research on the CU-UU series between 1910-1947 and then note how many times the conference title was on the line.

I understand the history and know it well. Does not mean it will happen again. We can try and force it, which the conference is going to do, but if we end up rebuilding the program and fight it out with SC or UCLA or another South school on a regular basis, you will see a different result. Utah is good right now but we will see what happens when they play BCS competition every week. That is a little different than playing one or two games a year against BCS level competition. The whole rivalry thing will take care of itself.

I understand the history and know it well. Does not mean it will happen again. We can try and force it, which the conference is going to do, but if we end up rebuilding the program and fight it out with SC or UCLA or another South school on a regular basis, you will see a different result. Utah is good right now but we will see what happens when they play BCS competition every week. That is a little different than playing one or two games a year against BCS level competition. The whole rivalry thing will take care of itself.

Those kind of rivalries between non rivals seems to be short lived in the Pac-10 but everyone from a non-LA school hates USC and UCLA.

That is the same message I told those Ute fans but they got easily insulted because they think the MWC is stronger than it actually is.

Utah. Partly because of logistics, partly because the others already have established "rivals." Utah fans also irritate me.

I do like the idea of Oregon or USC as rivals otherwise.

spend 30 minutes on a utah board, come back and ask the question if you still need to.

Back