What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Rumor thing on ESPN about CU and Shanny

Sure he is

Not unless Snyder is willing to give him more than the $7mil he makes for playing golf next year plus total control of all football operations. Does Snyder strike you as the kind of guy thats not interested in hanging around the draft room with his Jason Campbell advice?

The second most exciting thing about the Shanny idea is the string of national championships Walsh brought to Stanford... :cool:

Neg rep from my roommate to follow.

BooThisMan.gif

Shanny is going to Washington everyone knows that.
First of all there is NO CHANCE shanny is going to take an NFL job and walk away from over 7 million still owed to him from the Broncos. More importantly I think Nebraska fans are frankly terrified they might have to see Mike Shannahan on the other sideline come next year.... hell I would be

First of all there is NO CHANCE shanny is going to take an NFL job and walk away from over 7 million still owed to him from the Broncos. More importantly I think Nebraska fans are frankly terrified they might have to see Mike Shannahan on the other sideline come next year.... hell I would be

and why are you standing on the Nebraska sideline?:confused:

Why is everybody so stoked on Shanny? Did you forget he got fired for being extremely mediocre for years? His schemes were too cutesy for NFL guys let alone college kids. He drafted poorly over and over again, completely neglected the defense and took flyers on players with poor character over and over (Henry, Clarrette, Javon...). In my opinion, screwed two QB decisions. Has no college experience / recruiting ties. Unless he can recruit every offspring from the super bowl players and has some of the old 'roids they were on stowed in his garage I'm wholeheartedly against it.

Why is everybody so stoked on Shanny? Did you forget he got fired for being extremely mediocre for years? His schemes were too cutesy for NFL guys let alone college kids. He drafted poorly over and over again, completely neglected the defense and took flyers on players with poor character over and over (Henry, Clarrette, Javon...). In my opinion, screwed two QB decisions. Has no college experience / recruiting ties. Unless he can recruit every offspring from the super bowl players and has some of the old 'roids they were on stowed in his garage I'm wholeheartedly against it.

****in Debbie Downer! :smile2:

Personally, because of the Name. That's right, the name. His name alone would bring in higher profile recruits, and I don't believe him to be a bad coach. To help with the recruiting, coaching, and everything else, he'll have assistants. That is what they are for. Basically a head coach, manages the coaching staff, and I believe he knows how to do that.

Did I mention the NAME? In my opinion that is huge. The name would help with recruiting, I'm sure he's got great coaching ties, and would help with attendance. He would (guessing) bring some interest to the program from the Bronco fan base. Attendance would increase, revenue would follow.

That's why I like the idea of Shanny coaching the Buffs.

tm1239-c.JPG

I don't know. Why don't you ask fans of every team in the NFL that has a crappy coach if they want Shanahan instead? Get back to me on that.

:ban:

So Shanny has to be President of the University as well?

Or just Chancellor?

We can offer that title right? or is that another buyout?

Man there are so many issues with buying people out... maybe we need to go to one year contracts for everyone :)

Emperor. We haven't had one of those and it requires having an empire, giving a nice feel.

I don't know. Why don't you ask fans of every team in the NFL that has a crappy coach if they want Shanahan instead? Get back to me on that.

Because they are traumatized and myopic and get suckered in by the "Mastermind" nickname. Because they haven't watched every bronco game in the last 20 yrs and don't realize that Shanny wasn't the only reason we won two superbowls. Don't get me wrong, he played his part and I'm grateful for the most gratifying sports experience in my lifetime. I just think John Elway, Terrell Davis and steroids are the main reasons Shanny gets all the hype. Sure his schemes were cutting edge circa 1996, but I'm willing to bet he doesn't take the Redskins to the superbowl - Cowboys maybe. Even if his name allows him to pick and choose his recruits I'm not sure he picks the right ones, remember Willie Middlebrooks, Marcus Nash, Ashley Lelie...

Not trying to be a downer, just playing devil's advocate

Because they are traumatized and myopic and get suckered in by the "Mastermind" nickname. Because they haven't watched every bronco game in the last 20 yrs and don't realize that Shanny wasn't the only reason we won two superbowls. Don't get me wrong, he played his part and I'm grateful for the most gratifying sports experience in my lifetime. I just think John Elway, Terrell Davis and steroids are the main reasons Shanny gets all the hype. Sure his schemes were cutting edge circa 1996, but I'm willing to bet he doesn't take the Redskins to the superbowl - Cowboys maybe. Even if his name allows him to pick and choose his recruits I'm not sure he picks the right ones, remember Willie Middlebrooks, Marcus Nash, Ashley Lelie...

Not trying to be a downer, just playing devil's advocate

Lelie was a baller.

Drafted poorly? He did great in the draft on the offensive side of the ball, and struggled with the defense.

The draft is a crap-shoot for most teams.

Shanny's name alone would turn the program around. He could literally walk out, give the crowd the finger ala Bud Adams, pull up a cot and sleep for 3 hours during the game and we'd be light years ahead of where we are now. Seriously.

Back