What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Season Ticket Holder

Just got married in July and working on the wife for this year. Dragging her to the Pac-12 tour tomorrow night in Phoenix and hopeful that it will result in consent to go ahead and re-up. Problem is that we have a ****-ton of friends getting married this fall, so some of you ****ers may find yourselves the lucky recipients of a couple of tix.

Tell her that Season Tix are your defacto Birthday/Christmas/Anniversary gift from her to you.
Seriously...what could be a better gift from any wife to any Buff husband?

If she's so inclined, she can promise airline tickets, away games and hotel reservations to go with them.

Just got married in July and working on the wife for this year. Dragging her to the Pac-12 tour tomorrow night in Phoenix and hopeful that it will result in consent to go ahead and re-up. Problem is that we have a ****-ton of friends getting married this fall, so some of you ****ers may find yourselves the lucky recipients of a couple of tix.

As a rule of thumb, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. :smile2:

fwiw, I've sold my wife on the fact that I'm an absolute sports junky and that's part of the deal if she's going to be with me. Not something about me that's going to change, so she had the option of being a part of it or being a football & basketball widow during the season. She likes going to games and all the tailgate stuff, so it was an easy sell. But one enhancer to the negotiation was that she'd be able to network with other women who, for better or worse, are in the same boat that she is. Good luck with it.

Good stuff, guys. The very most obnoxious thing is that she will sing the CU fight song, but end it with "fight, fight, Arizona, bear down" (she is from Tucson, but assures me she will root for CU against UofA in football, maybe not in basketball). Regardless, makes my skin crawl every time.

Good stuff, guys. The very most obnoxious thing is that she will sing the CU fight song, but end it with "fight, fight, Arizona, bear down" (she is from Tucson, but assures me she will root for CU against UofA in football, maybe not in basketball). Regardless, makes my skin crawl every time.

I'm pretty sure there is an exception to the domestic abuse statutes for that behavior. Just sayin...

some of you ****ers may find yourselves the lucky recipients of a couple of tix.

If we do end up with your seats I suggest you donate them to the weekly drawing.

profilepic1364_1.gif

216 Row 54 South aisle bitches. I didn't want the north aisle because people keep walking in front of you right in the middle of a play. I'm 4 rows from the bottom of the section. Should I have gotten seats higher up? I figured it'd be easier to get out at the end being closer to the bottom.

216 Row 54 South aisle bitches. I didn't want the north aisle because people keep walking in front of you right in the middle of a play. I'm 4 rows from the bottom of the section. Should I have gotten seats higher up? I figured it'd be easier to get out at the end being closer to the bottom.

Section 212 row 55 along with two other douchebags. I will be looking for the man ranting the loudest in 216.

Those are good seats. I can see no reason you'd want to be higher up.

Although there are seats closer to the men's room.

I've wanted season tix for years. But with three kids in college, I just couldn't make it happen. Now I can and I'm really pumped. I feel like I am finally contributing to the program that I've loved since moving to Denver in 1976. I worked in a lawnmower shop then started framing houses. I started dating Carolyn in '82 and always would tell her that I'd like to go back to college. Finally she'd had enough and told me to stop talking about it and do it.

We married in '83. I started at Metro in '84 in engineering technology. I did well, and applied to CU Denver and was accepted. I graduated from CU Denver in '89. All the while I've been a huge Buff fan. Probably not as great a fan as many of you, but a huge fan nonetheless. I used to get embarressed when chatting during home games and someone would invariably ask me "why aren't you at the game?" I wasn't at the game because I was living paycheck to paycheck and putting three kids through college.

Well, two down and one to go! I'm about to pay off most of the college loans and am now a Buff season ticket holder!!

I've wanted season tix for years. But with three kids in college, I just couldn't make it happen. Now I can and I'm really pumped. I feel like I am finally contributing to the program that I've loved since moving to Denver in 1976. I worked in a lawnmower shop then started framing houses. I started dating Carolyn in '82 and always would tell her that I'd like to go back to college. Finally she'd had enough and told me to stop talking about it and do it.

We married in '83. I started at Metro in '84 in engineering technology. I did well, and applied to CU Denver and was accepted. I graduated from CU Denver in '89. All the while I've been a huge Buff fan. Probably not as great a fan as many of you, but a huge fan nonetheless. I used to get embarressed when chatting during home games and someone would invariably ask me "why aren't you at the game?" I wasn't at the game because I was living paycheck to paycheck and putting three kids through college.

Well, two down and one to go! I'm about to pay off most of the college loans and am now a Buff season ticket holder!!

Great story DBT and nothing to be embarressed about. You did right by your family and now you can take care of you. You will love game days at Folsom as there is not a better place to be on a Saturday afternoon. Congrats my friend.

Great story DBT and nothing to be embarressed about. You did right by your family and now you can take care of you. You will love game days at Folsom as there is not a better place to be on a Saturday afternoon. Congrats my friend.

seriously, bad ass story DBT. glad you finally get to enjoy the high life. However, judging from your posts during any sort of colorado related athletic event... I see you getting kicked out of maybe 50% of the games :lol:

seriously, bad ass story DBT. glad you finally get to enjoy the high life. However, judging from your posts during any sort of colorado related athletic event... I see you getting kicked out of maybe 50% of the games :lol:

Ya know, its much easier being at a game live. If things go bad, which is going to happen less and less often, you share they pain with 50,000 friends. Plus, you don't want to be a dick in public, :lol:

Embarrased? Wut?? You deserve a standing round of applause!!

Make sure to bring a backpack to the games. It's handy to put your hoodie in the backpack so you don't "forget" it at the tailgate parties.

Hopefully a little less epic than the spring game. But only a little. :lol:

I have little doubt that at some point during the season, we'll have somebody get equally hammered.

In all seriousness, we'll have a 10-person tailgate built in every week with me and my Dad plus 4 of my friends and the 4 allbuffs tickets.

So did you guys actually receive the tickets, or just the confirmation? Seems a little early to actually receive the tickets.

Tickets won't be mailed out until June or July. Got the call from the mothership to secure the season tickets and had my seats assigned during the call.

Cannot wait to bring the tailgate to Boulder and bring home some Buffs victories!

So did you guys actually receive the tickets, or just the confirmation? Seems a little early to actually receive the tickets.

I got verbal confirmation over the phone. I haven't seen anything in the mail yet confirming the seat assignment.

seems like the only mistake you made was in '83 :nod:

Back