What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New set of expectations

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Going into the game last night, I felt pretty sure this team was going to win at least 8 games this year. Looking at the schedule, I could see a variety of scenarios where 8 games was attainable. Probable, in fact.

After last night, looking at this schedule, I'm left to wonder if this team has 4 wins in them. Toledo and Wyoming, games that were no-brainer wins 24 hours ago, are now solidly in the toss-up category. OSU, WVU, Mizzou, KU - all games I figured to be difficult games, but not impossible, are now seemingly no-hopers. NU, A&M, KSU and ISU now fall into the category of "possible wins, if everything goes right". Forget UT. That was a no-hoper before. Now I just want to keep the score within the 70-3 range. :cry:

Alas, with diminished expectations, I won't get nearly as pissed off at the inevitable losses when they mount. Why get upset when you are expecting the loss to begin with?

You get upset because you care. Damn you colorado football, for giving me to much damn hope!

I feel for you, Sacky, and I remember how optimistic you were that Hansen was going to be our QB this year a few months ago.

You get upset because you care. Damn you colorado football, for giving me to much damn hope!

Put blame where blame is due!! Damn you Dan Hackins for lying to us year after year, and buying your Bullshi+ time after time. You have talked over your ineptitude selling us snakeoil year after year. I stop buying your sh!t last year, Now I just want you gone asshole!!:sad2:

Going into the game last night, I felt pretty sure this team was going to win at least 8 games this year. Looking at the schedule, I could see a variety of scenarios where 8 games was attainable. Probable, in fact.

After last night, looking at this schedule, I'm left to wonder if this team has 4 wins in them. Toledo and Wyoming, games that were no-brainer wins 24 hours ago, are now solidly in the toss-up category. OSU, WVU, Mizzou, KU - all games I figured to be difficult games, but not impossible, are now seemingly no-hopers. NU, A&M, KSU and ISU now fall into the category of "possible wins, if everything goes right". Forget UT. That was a no-hoper before. Now I just want to keep the score within the 70-3 range. :cry:

Alas, with diminished expectations, I won't get nearly as pissed off at the inevitable losses when they mount. Why get upset when you are expecting the loss to begin with?
This team is very poorly coached. Hawkins left the field at halftime with all 3 of his timeouts. If he had used them during CSU's last drive, he would have had about 50 seconds to try to get a score. He didn't have any clear game plan with all that crazy substitution, and none of his running backs could get in any sort of rhythm. I don't think this team will have a winning record - maybe next year?

Back