What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Stadium "Going To Happen" For csu

I'll bow out of the Bohn point counter point at rodrigo's suggestion...back to discussing the likelihood of a new csu stadium....

Almost 60 posts for a CSU stadium? Surely my suggestion of CU joining the MWC before the Pac-10 move was announced doesn't seem so silly doesn't it?

Over half the posts have little to do with the CSU stadium and more to do with questioning the CU leadership. So your post is out of context and your suggestion of joining a conference for a $1.5 million a year payout when we had $8 million in the Big 12 was both silly and stupid at the time and more so now that we are looking at $20 million plus a year payout.

Someone with solid connections to the athletic department is claiming that it is even more (a lot more) than $40MM committed. Hard to tell what is truth and blatent speculation, but Graham is talking like a man with alot of money backing him up. I am guessing that we will know more details in the spring with regards to financing.

The same guys claiming an "big announcement" on Christmas Eve? Oh wait

My hypothetical question is this, if CSU makes this happen and opens a new stadium in 2014 are CU fans even going to want this game moved back to the campuses? It is clear that most (even CSU fans) have grown tired of the games in Denver, but I honestly do not see anyway that Bohn would agree to finish this series on alternating campus locations. Thoughts?

My hypothetical question is this, if CSU makes this happen and opens a new stadium in 2014 are CU fans even going to want this game moved back to the campuses? It is clear that most (even CSU fans) have grown tired of the games in Denver, but I honestly do not see anyway that Bohn would agree to finish this series on alternating campus locations. Thoughts?
Hell yes, move it back to campus.

I'd like to do a cycle of the Colorado teams and Wyoming instead but if Bohn does keep the series every year they need to move it back to on campus games.

On campus would be fine, but Bohn should squeeze some concessions our out of CSU after all the bleating about how the game HAD to be in Denver

Bohn proposed alternating campus locations when the last agreement was signed. CSU insisted on playing in Denver. Bohn proposed CU playing CU's games in Boulder and CSU's in Denver. CSU insisted on playing all the games in Denver. I have no idea why you would think Bohn would be the one with the problem finishing the series at campus locations now...

On campus would be fine, but Bohn should squeeze some concessions our out of CSU after all the bleating about how the game HAD to be in Denver

Agreed. CSU fans, including myslef, could look like a bunch of hypocrites if this stadium actually gets done. In the long run, however, it would likely keep the RMS around past the current contract.

Bohn proposed alternating campus locations when the last agreement was signed. CSU insisted on playing in Denver. Bohn proposed CU playing CU's games in Boulder and CSU's in Denver. CSU insisted on playing all the games in Denver. I have no idea why you would think Bohn would be the one with the problem finishing the series at campus locations now...

I just think Bohn would hedge given than most AQ schools are doing two for ones with non-AQs.

If the game moved back to the respective campuses, I think it would breathe some life into the series. I seriously doubt MB would get any concessions from CSU though...he rarely comes out ahead in negotiating contracts. When is the last time we sat back and said wow, great job MB? For me, it was getting CU to the P12. I give MB credit there. But then again, that was on the table as far back as '94, and CU got into the P12 because Scott wanted us more than anything else. MB was at the helm when it happened, so he gets credit too in my book. Aside from that, Friday night games in Toledo, 13 back to back games in a new coach's first year, extending an 11-17 D II, etc. It's not like MB is a negotiating wizard.

I just think Bohn would hedge given than most AQ schools are doing two for ones with non-AQs.

That's a good point. But public and political opinion is probably going to force an agreement that treats both schools as equals...

I'll bow out of the Bohn point counter point at rodrigo's suggestion...back to discussing the likelihood of a new csu stadium....

Well, that lasted about 2 hours... :lol:

If the game moved back to the respective campuses, I think it would breathe some life into the series. I seriously doubt MB would get any concessions from CSU though...he rarely comes out ahead in negotiating contracts. When is the last time we sat back and said wow, great job MB? For me, it was getting CU to the P12. I give MB credit there. But then again, that was on the table as far back as '94, and CU got into the P12 because Scott wanted us more than anything else. MB was at the helm when it happened, so he gets credit too in my book. Aside from that, Friday night games in Toledo, 13 back to back games in a new coach's first year, extending an 11-17 D II, etc. It's not like MB is a negotiating wizard.

That's a good point. But public and political opinion is probably going to force an agreement that treats both schools as equals...

Agreed. Also, with the investment CSU appears ready to make, there is a possibility (although slight IMO) that it is in a different conference before this current agreement expires.

I wish I got payed as much as Bohn does for sitting on my ass.

I am *this* close to neg repping you into oblivion. This has to be one of the most ignorant comments you've ever made, and believe me, you've made a bunch. Do you have the first idea of what Mike Bohn does? No, you don't. You can't.

Mike Bohn was an all-state athlete in three sports in high school. He received scholarship offers to play both basketball and football. He was offered a scholarship at CU to play quarterback by then-coach Bill Mallory. Mallory got fired and his replacement, upChuck Fairbanks, wouldn't honor the offer. So Bohn went to play quarterback at Kansas. He was a freaking D-1 athlete, you incredible dolt. After that, he was an assistant AD at Air Force and CSU before getting a job as AD at Idaho (I think it was Idaho, I could be off). Then hired as AD at SDSU, then to CU. You think he just sits around on his ass all day long? You don't have the first idea of what he does for a living, yet you feel like you can make a douchebag statement like that? Eat **** and die, tool.

I am *this* close to neg repping you into oblivion. This has to be one of the most ignorant comments you've ever made, and believe me, you've made a bunch. Do you have the first idea of what Mike Bohn does? No, you don't. You can't.

Mike Bohn was an all-state athlete in three sports in high school. He received scholarship offers to play both basketball and football. He was offered a scholarship at CU to play quarterback by then-coach Bill Mallory. Mallory got fired and his replacement, upChuck Fairbanks, wouldn't honor the offer. So Bohn went to play quarterback at Kansas. He was a freaking D-1 athlete, you incredible dolt. After that, he was an assistant AD at Air Force and CSU before getting a job as AD at Idaho (I think it was Idaho, I could be off). Then hired as AD at SDSU, then to CU. You think he just sits around on his ass all day long? You don't have the first idea of what he does for a living, yet you feel like you can make a douchebag statement like that? Eat **** and die, tool.

so you are saying we should move Bohn to fullback?

absolutely it was fun in denver for a while, but will be much better on campus.

I'm just so happy with all the progress we've made in football under him! Keeping Hawkins, not doing **** with facilities, 13 games for a first time head coach, etc. What's not to like?

Last edited:
I'm just so happy with all the progress we've made in football under him! Keeping Hawkins, not doing **** with facilities, etc. What's not to like?

HomerSimpsonFacepalm.jpg

Back