What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Uniforms Discussion

Finally we can do the black helmets right! None of those derivative after thought pieces of crap we wore this year/last year. Matte black finish with gold foil Ralphie.

football-black-helmet-2009.jpg

I believe the '90's uniforms along with the current ones belongs in CU's past in the Big 8 and Big 12. We need to go in a different direction in the PAC 12 but we need to keep the Ralphie logo.

I have a feeling the look will be similar to Ok St. (per Reed's tweet) but using our basketball team's current template:

vXNGP.png

From a revenue standpoint, basketball doesn't get seen by nearly as many consumers as football, and if we wear the same thing on the football field you can capitalize on economies of scale and produce enormous quantities of these shorts cheap. As a follow up to the matte black with gold foil ralphie, I found a much better example, and it's ironically from Purdue...
nTDqy.png

3 ways to see uniforms:

1. What is newer is better (seems to be what you are leaning towards)
2. What is older is better (some people want nothing to do with advancement)
3. What is better is better, regardless of old or new.

I don't have hard evidence but among most of my CU friends that I've talked to about it (~20-25), ALL of us think the current uni's are the best we've had since the early 90's. And we all graduated within the last few years.

I think the majority of 18 year old potential recruits enjoy variety. In that regard, I think newer is better. The black helmets were a cool variation. I didn't mind our uniforms the last couple years, I just thought going to the throwbacks permanently was a self-serving move for a staff that came from that era. I think there is a place for them, but I'd like to see us wear something a little bit more modern on a regular basis.

Personally I thought our best unis were the Barnett era. As for the throwbacks, understood the use of them 2 years ago but sleeve stripes look absolutely dumb on these new super short sleeve jerseys.

Also feel the italics need to come back, looks more aggressive and goes in well with the charging Ralphie logo.

I want true gold, black and silver helmets. The silver helmets should be exactly the same mock up as Rutgers is now wearing... Except for some kick ass buffalo horns. Make that ish look fierce!

The fact we (and other schools) do this "recruits/players love the new unis" thing is very much an "inmates running the asylum" situation.

If kids are going to choose based on unis, then going straight to the Arena Football League is totally the way to go.

The fact we (and other schools) do this "recruits/players love the new unis" thing is very much an "inmates running the asylum" situation.

If kids are going to choose based on unis, then going straight to the Arena Football League is totally the way to go.

One of oregon's recruiting pitches is that each freshman class gets to design an alternate to be worn in the bowl game their senior year. It works sadly.

Amen. I really don't want kids that are going to base their college choice based on the friggin' uniforms.

It's only a part of the equation and I am for it. ^ Probably dons a plaid blazer to work.

I actually wear hoodies and jeans this time of year but thanks for playing. Pretty lame assumption based off what I said anyway.

The UO unis grew on me as the season marched on. Some of them were outlandish, but some of them were pretty cool.

I feel as if there's a huge backlash against anything from the 90s. This seems to be a pendulum swing due to Embree & Co. I'd like "updated" classic Unis. I thought the Hawk unis were good, except for the "gold."

I actually wear hoodies and jeans this time of year but thanks for playing. Pretty lame assumption based off what I said anyway.

Yeah, plaid sport coats, jeans and hoodie, etc. Boring and no effort. I think if our institution is showing it cares on all fronts it may help. Why are you against it jeans and tee?

Yeah, plaid sport coats, jeans and hoodie, etc. Boring and no effort. I think if our institution is showing it cares on all fronts it may help. Why are you against it jeans and tee?

Wow! Liberace, here, wasted no time in going on the attack.

Back