What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Uni's! The Hyper Elites

Talked to one of the players and he said the "Nike Elite" is almost like a reward type thing. "Elite" being in the name has actual meaning, so it really says a lot about how far the team has come. Went and looked and while the design is somewhat popular, it's only the solid basketball schools that have them.

Everyone needs to get over if the font is "slanted" or not. All of the best college schools run with the Hyper Elites and we have them now. I think they look awesome and it's just another thing to add to the growth of our basketball program.

Looking forward to lots of teams admiring the ralphie back of the jersey as Mayor and co dunk all over them.

I don't care about the font. The fact that CU is now on the list of schools with the Hyper Elites says something about the program. It will make an impact on recruits too.

I don't care about the font. The fact that CU is now on the list of schools with the Hyper Elites says something about the program. It will make an impact on recruits too.

Amazing. I didn't know there were any CU fans who weren't obsessed with block lettering and the like. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Can somebody who is really into the BBall unis help me out - what's the big deal with these Hyper Elite jerseys? From that picture, they look like fairly standard unis to me, except for the faint Ralphie detail and small diamonds on the back. It seems from reading this thread that this is a big deal, but I don't get why?

Can somebody who is really into the BBall unis help me out - what's the big deal with these Hyper Elite jerseys? From that picture, they look like fairly standard unis to me, except for the faint Ralphie detail and small diamonds on the back. It seems from reading this thread that this is a big deal, but I don't get why?
Mostly because few teams get to wear them and teams like Kentucky, Duke, Michigan State, UNC, etc. have them so it's a status thing, to me at least.

Mostly because few teams get to wear them and teams like Kentucky, Duke, Michigan State, UNC, etc. have them so it's a status thing, to me at least.

This. The detailing on the back is different, but it's more about the image of the program than anything else.

Echoing what has been said, its a big deal because Nike uses these uniforms as a status symbol for programs. At least it has so far. The "Elite" in the title of the uniforms is actually indicative of the perception of the program, not just a fancy term for a new style of uniform.

Echoing what has been said, its a big deal because Nike uses these uniforms as a status symbol for programs. At least it has so far. The "Elite" in the title of the uniforms is actually indicative of the perception of the program, not just a fancy term for a new style of uniform.

Thanks for the explanation. So does this mean Nike decides who is worthy to get them, or can any school with a Nike contract request this style of jersey? And is there anything special about the uniforms themselves, other than the faint logo (new materials, fit, etc)?

Thanks for the explanation. So does this mean Nike decides who is worthy to get them, or can any school with a Nike contract request this style of jersey? And is there anything special about the uniforms themselves, other than the faint logo (new materials, fit, etc)?
Anybody can request them I believe, but Nike has to deem the team "Worthy"

As far as materials, i think they are different then the normal uniforms, fit should be similar.

The materials are supposedly nicer and definitely lighter. The cut is different as well. The shorts are longer and the tops are tighter, with broader shoulders. As far as I know, a school cannot just put in a request, but I could be incorrect on that point.

UNC wears Jordan brand. You might have been thinking about Florida.

Not to burst any bubbles, but Iowa state Washington state, and Clemson are all receiving these too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is Jenkins in his: http://instagram.com/p/excvZ0ituV/

I think these are great upgrades for us. Has anyone seen the road version yet? I'm guessing we will have gold lettering and maybe a white collar?

Do teams with hyper elites generally have alternates? "Silver" (we all know its gray) or Gold (would be awesome)

2ebyty3y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back