What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New video boards at Folsom

The difference between getting and not getting a recruit is not going to be the quality of our video boards, I promise. I understand the notion that these new boards can help CU increace its persona as a "big-time" football program but it sounds like some of you want them simply because they help to validate this persona and prop up your self-esteem which is lacking after the Hawk years rather then because the boards actually add anything practical. I just don't see them as a priority and think the money could have been spent in ways that would have a more direct impact on the product on the field.

The difference between getting and not getting a recruit is not going to be the quality of our video boards, I promise. I understand the notion that these new boards can help CU increace its persona as a "big-time" football program but it sounds like some of you want them simply because they help to validate this persona and prop up your self-esteem which is lacking after the Hawk years rather then because the boards actually add anything practical. I just don't see them as a priority and think the money could have been spent in ways that would have a more direct impact on the product on the field.
#noswag

WTF does it hurt? I'm glad, long overdue. You are now the most negative poster on allbuffs.

Since you don't pay jack **** for season tickets, you don't get a ****ing vote. The screens they have now are showing initial signs of going out. Like lines through the picture. Stop trying to be a ****ing know it all.

So are they actually going to show any replays on these things or just about how Chip goes to Chipotle with our gymnastics team and other ads? I swear, every time I wanted to see a play again on the big screen, they are showing some ad instead of a play that is currently under review by the refs or a play that could have been a bad call.

Great move by the AD though, I just hope they use them for what they are meant to be used for and then show the ads after that.

Unwarranted. Unfounded. Uninformed.

I'd bet you didn't go to a game this year. 1/3 of the screen was blocked out against Oregon I believe. It is time. More improvements on the way!

What are the video boards used for that's so importaint? Kiss cam? the helmet shuffle? Espinoza island? A spinning Pac 12 logo? Videos of Chip? We spent $7 million to improve this crap and i'm a pariah for thinking that's a waste? That money could have been allocated to facility upgrades that more directly benifits the players (and thus recruiting) or on coaching contracts, Tosh Lupoi anyone? Maybe if we had offered an extra $1 million per season to Les Miles that would have been enough to pry him away from LSU last year, it was much closer to happening then I think most people realize. I know that more upgrades are coming but they could have taken this money and made them even nicer, build something that would make Phil Knight blush. I'm ok if I don't get to see Espinoza Island in HD, im not ok with a terrible football team.

Video boards that work are good. anyone who thinks otherwise is obviously trolling.

eb6.jpg

I thank you for this post because it proves that I am not the dumbest poster on this board!

Everyone is telling me I'm wrong and yet no one has actually explained themselves or given a counter argument to anything i've written, seems rather convenient.

:bang:

:ban:

:leave:

Everyone is telling me I'm wrong and yet no one has actually explained themselves or given a counter argument to anything i've written, seems rather convenient.
Not worth the keystrokes to explain or counter. Accept that everyone thinks your argument is stupid and move on.

Yay block button.

I'm pretty sure those boards have been there since at least the mid/late-90's when I first visited Folsom, I'm all for the upgrade.

edit: does 97 count as mid?

Last edited:
I hope some $$$ is also spent on replacing all the old TV's around the stadium. Those old TV sets are bad bad bad!!!

Stoked for the new boards. As everyone here EXCEPT JRK seems to know...recruits that are official visiters during games will see the new investment as a sign that CU is serious about their football team, it will make the game more exciting for everyone with a bigger video for replays. The new boards also make big donors happy that pay a lot of money to have the suites etc. and hopefully open up their wallets so we can get even more improvements in the future.

And once again, you're wrong. You've gotten plenty of counter arguments, you're just not paying attention to them.

There is no point in arguing with an idiot.

:woot: on the video boards.....and hopefully there is some Audio improvement going on here as well, since let's be honest, as bad as those video boards were the Audio system in Folsom is a good 2-3 times worse

Random Poster at Buffzone.com

250mil donation. Formal announcement in April or May.

This is whats supposed to happen.

Total capacity after expansion should be ~60K. They are planning on adding seat backs b/w the 20 yard lines on both sides (excluding Student Section) and expand the NE Corner.

- As noted, the expansion is the NE side of Folsom where the recycle and maintenance facilities currently are located. It will extend all the way down to Folsom Street and to the Creek. Indoor Practice Facility, Weight Room, Meeting Rooms, Indoor Track, 500 parking spaces, etc.

- Dal Ward will be retrofitted with new computers, classrooms/academic meeting rooms, etc. The locker rooms will more than likely remain the same from the last upgrade in 2007.

- The new Rec Center will extent all the way to the NW corner of Folsom. State of the art facility with tennis courts on the roof, etc. Believe someone said there are public plans for the rec center out there?

Back