1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Video Boards

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by BuffDog, Feb 4, 2011.

1. BuffDog

BuffDog Club Member Club Member

Why don't they play back controversial calls on the video boards? I know the refs screwed up (especially the bald one a couple games back who couldn't make a call in our favor) when I am yelling at them but I would like to see how badly they blew the call.

Haven't been to a game at another stadium so I don't know if it is just us or perhaps an NCAA rule.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  2. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

they don't want a riot in the stands.

3. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

They're afraid were gonna chant "**** you Ref!"

4. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Might be a B12 rule - was at the game vs. Baylor last weekend and they didn't show any replays of controversial calls on their video boards and there were plenty of them.

5. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

do the same thing at football games. i assume it may be league policy but the reaction from the fans may be the reason as well....

6. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

especially given how... upstanding... our student section is

7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

the wall murals need to go. they are a nice idea but look more at home in a city public library than the home floor of a 20 win basketball team. hang black banners with the CU logo on it on either side of the scoreboard....anything to make less of the total visual surface poured concrete.

the new ribbon boards are not in anyone's sight-line. i guess advertisers pay for it, but seems like a waste of money to me. they don't enhance the game experience at all unless you are on the top 20 rows of the upper section.