What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New walk-on at quarterback...

The only mistake was Wood not wanting to play out his eligibility. The rest of the QB movement was a good thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

The mistake is not what we do now, the mistake was losing every QB we had including Wood. With our line in 2014 there is strong chance we will need to go 2 or 3 deep at qb. Throw in a non-qual/injury and you have nothing left on the roster.

And sure, my post was an unwarranted drive-by criticism but hey, it's Colorado Football. Reap what you sow. Back to tad ball.

Nice shallow overview of the QB situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me tell you another story about an equipment manager turned quarterback. It was a small school called Michigan, maybe you have heard of it. They once dared to challenge the mighty buffaloes of the west but that is neither here nor there.

This story is about a boy named Brady, first name Tom. Tom grew up on the west coast of this great land but this story is not just about him, not yet at least. A quarterback with the name Griese ruled the land of Michigan. Griese led the mythical wolverines to the bowl of roses while Tom was a lowly equipment manager. Cleaning cleats and polishing helmets (yes in that way) no task was too small for young Tom because he yearned to wear the maize and blue.

Tom bargained with the coach who let him be quarterback number seven. Griese laughed and said "maybe he can see the field after my second super bowl win. I don't have time to teach football to boys, this game us for men". Well young Tom worked hard and practiced in the rain and snow and he moved from QB seven to QB one, even beating son of cartoonist Jim Henson, just for fun.

The story ends 3 rings and several models later but never forget young Tom, the equipment freighter.

Just kidding, he would have easily been a four star prospect out of high school if the star system existed then.

Let me tell you another story about an equipment manager turned quarterback. It was a small school called Michigan, maybe you have heard of it. They once dared to challenge the mighty buffaloes of the west but that is neither here nor there.

This story is about a boy named Brady, first name Tom. Tom grew up on the west coast of this great land but this story is not just about him, not yet at least. A quarterback with the name Griese ruled the land of Michigan. Griese led the mythical wolverines to the bowl of roses while Tom was a lowly equipment manager. Cleaning cleats and polishing helmets (yes in that way) no task was too small for young Tom because he yearned to wear the maize and blue.

Tom bargained with the coach who let him be quarterback number seven. Griese laughed and said "maybe he can see the field after my second super bowl win. I don't have time to teach football to boys, this game us for men". Well young Tom worked hard and practiced in the rain and snow and he moved from QB seven to QB one, even beating son of cartoonist Jim Henson, just for fun.

The story ends 3 rings and several models later but never forget young Tom, the equipment freighter.

Just kidding, he would have easily been a four star prospect out of high school if the star system existed then.

The story may not be true but it is much more fun than the real one.

ymssra

Someone please hit him for me (and remember this one when Post of the Year voting comes around).

:lol:

I agree with this decision. Don't waste a scholarship. Deal with the situation like they are and you will be stronger long term. Well played Mac!

There is only one problem with this story...

Jim Henson was the creator of the Muppets, not a cartoonist.

If you folks think positive...this could be an awesome feel good story...what happens if this guy comes out and takes CU to 10 wins next season? Pull for the underdog why not.

If Kurt Warner can move from working as a grocery store checker to taking two teams to the Super Bowl----anything's possible in this sport!

Does this kid have a gilrfriend with short, blue hair and black polish on her nails?

Back