What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Women's Basketball Coach JR Payne

RWAG isn't banned as far as I can tell and her posts are still visible. If you have her on ignore you won't see her posts though.
Aaha!! Yes I have her on ignore so that's why I don't see the posts.. But maybe just wishful thinking on my part that she was banned. So she just left after JR & Co. arrived. GOOD!

Offer was given to Hays by coach JR and Torino. Article from SEU may have been premature in regards to him actually being named to the staff as no contract had been signed, etc with CU.

Not sure at this point why there has not been any further announcements, etc on coach Hays or this open asst coach position, etc. I think CU would be missing out on a great coach if they dont get him signed but I'm sure they will make a decision either way shortly. They need to get this position filled and move forward.

Never happened.

Never happened.
So what is the deal with Hays. Why would someone take a new job, then quit a week later if they hadn't had a firm deal in place? Was he using that as cover because SEU wasn't quite what he expected and just wanted out? His facebook page makes it appear that he was friends with JR and Toriano. Just strange.

Great info, JackVcr. Thanks. Would love to meet up with you at a game.

Can't remember if I said this before, BeBe and Buffgal, but when Estelle and my travel plans are finalized I'll let you know and we can plan a get together in Boulder if you all are able. I would enjoy that, for sure!

So what is the deal with Hays. Why would someone take a new job, then quit a week later if they hadn't had a firm deal in place? Was he using that as cover because SEU wasn't quite what he expected and just wanted out? His facebook page makes it appear that he was friends with JR and Toriano. Just strange.

He is friends with JR & T. They have always spoken well of Hays. I believe this is a case of a rumor that got out of hand, with someone knowing of their friendship, and it took on a life of its own. But no offer was made. As to why he resigned from SEU, that's something only he can answer. For sure it's not easy to coach at a lower division school with the lack of available money & scholarships, etc. I believe SEU is NAIA Division II. So perhaps you are right in that it wasn't what he expected.

Sounds like she loves defense about as much as Tad does.

Hi Shldr2Shldr. Cool moniker. FYI, JR gets along famously with Tad right off the bat. Says he could not be more friendly & genuine to her and her staff and offers help/advice with anything she needs. Having a tich of an interest in this whole thing, that pleases me :)

Hi Shldr2Shldr. Cool moniker. FYI, JR gets along famously with Tad right off the bat. Says he could not be more friendly & genuine to her and her staff and offers help/advice with anything she needs. Having a tich of an interest in this whole thing, that pleases me :)
Tadd is about as classy as they come.

Can't remember if I said this before, BeBe and Buffgal, but when Estelle and my travel plans are finalized I'll let you know and we can plan a get together in Boulder if you all are able. I would enjoy that, for sure!

Please do as I will be flying in from Iowa. Can't wait to meet you and Estelle and JR and T and see my team play as well as the volleyball team! #GoBuffs

Payne had an Australian player, a freshmen at Santa Clara this season. That would have been her recruit. Since we are in dire need of a post player, I will take a one and done graduate transfer to help us if need be.

The Aussie girl J recruited at SCU last year can indeed play. Interestingly, the girl is the daughter of a former "All Blacks" team member, the world's greatest rugby team. She also found a 6'3" transfer two years ago, also an Aussie, who had been unceremoniously dumped by her old team who J turned into a starting center. That girl just graduated from SCU with honors.

These are the kind of players CU needs for a quick turnaround. We play teams in the Pac with international players on them. Need to do the same.

I took a look at the bio on the Santa Clara website of the 6'3" Aussie who just graduated. Looks like she red-shirted one season at the previous school and has played a total of 3 seasons in the 4 years since she started playing. If so she would be eligible for a grad transfer year since NCAA rules say you have 5 years of eligibility to play 4 years. If she were interested and JR thought it would be a good addition to the team, she could come to CU for a year of grad school. It might be good to have another front-court player on the team, especially one with experience in playing in JR's system. Of course the coaches know this. I'm just a fan who desperately wants the team to get better as quick as possible speculating on possibilities.

I took a look at the bio on the Santa Clara website of the 6'3" Aussie who just graduated. Looks like she red-shirted one season at the previous school and has played a total of 3 seasons in the 4 years since she started playing. If so she would be eligible for a grad transfer year since NCAA rules say you have 5 years of eligibility to play 4 years. If she were interested and JR thought it would be a good addition to the team, she could come to CU for a year of grad school. It might be good to have another front-court player on the team, especially one with experience in playing in JR's system. Of course the coaches know this. I'm just a fan who desperately wants the team to get better as quick as possible speculating on possibilities.

BeBe, this is the girl who had a benign tumor on her spine which was found part way thru last season, so her playing days are over. When we meet, hopefully early Nov at the beginning of the exhibition season, I'll share a really cool story about this girl and JR & how she got to Santa Clara. There is a 6'3" transfer stud who has been offered by J who she says they had a great campus visit with 10 days ago in Boulder on whom they are waiting. The player wants to visit a couple more schools before deciding. Would be a redshirt year but then be in same class as KL. Can't say more than that but they feel as if they have a good shot at her. J is now with her three little ones - girls 7 & 4 and baby boy, 5 months - for a week in FL on the beach for private family time. They arrive Boulder full time this coming weekend. T is still hard at work :) They still have one scholarship left.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you JackVcr - it's been a real pleasure to have another women's bball fan (to which I fully admit to being a bandwagon fan) and spread some enthusiasm and knowledge. (of course, this is not meant as a slight to BeBe, buffgal, MarkW, and others - I appreciate you guys as well)

Yes, thank you JackVcr - it's been a real pleasure to have another women's bball fan (to which I fully admit to being a bandwagon fan) and spread some enthusiasm and knowledge. (of course, this is not meant as a slight to BeBe, buffgal, MarkW, and others - I appreciate you guys as well)

You better appreciate us! :) I don't think we have any inside knowledge though, especially me since I am so far away from Boulder.

Thank you to you all. You all are so welcome for my little bits & bobs of info. I'm blessed by this wonderful daughter and son in law (I embarrass him by introducing him as the son in law from heaven, and he is) who allow me to participate with them a bit as long as I respect their boundaries, which I always try to do. It sure makes it fun for me and, as a fan myself, I know it's kinda neat for you all to get info also. And yes, that's what the offseason is for, BeBe. And of course, I appreciate you all. Phew, glad I remembered to say that. Don't want my first pal on here, Buffgal, fussing at me :) Okay, next up: assistant coach who is coming very soon now. This person is a great get, really good recruiter who has delayed the announcement till the players finish finals so they could be told after finals exams so as not to upset any of them during finals. Watching another incredible Lima sunset now. Ciao.

Personally interested in the Lima part almost as much. How'd you pick there?

I'm an Oregonian from the sw coast & whereas I dearly love the beauty of the Oregon coast, I ache for four months of the year in the rain and cold. I was hurt in VN, have numerous joint replacements and am in need of warm weather year round. I'd been to Peru many times on business, like the food, drink, the warm and welcoming people, admire how hard the Peruvian govt is trying to improve the lives of its citizens, the economy here is good and its an opportunity to learn a new culture and explore the incredible Incan history first hand, Buffaholic. We will live in Peru for 2 yrs and then are going to spend 6 months living in every country in South America with the exception of Venezuela. Fun.

I'm an Oregonian from the sw coast & whereas I dearly love the beauty of the Oregon coast, I ache for four months of the year in the rain and cold. I was hurt in VN, have numerous joint replacements and am in need of warm weather year round. I'd been to Peru many times on business, like the food, drink, the warm and welcoming people, admire how hard the Peruvian govt is trying to improve the lives of its citizens, the economy here is good and its an opportunity to learn a new culture and explore the incredible Incan history first hand, Buffaholic. We will live in Peru for 2 yrs and then are going to spend 6 months living in every country in South America with the exception of Venezuela. Fun.
We have a thread dedicated to Venezuela, you could be our boots on the ground and tell us what is really going on. :D

We have a thread dedicated to Venezuela, you could be our boots on the ground and tell us what is really going on. :D

AeroBuff99, did you miss the part about my being a VN Veteran? It hurts to get shot :) :) But gee, thanks for thinking of me. I have met a few folks here who have left Venezuela, are saddened about having to leave their homeland but say there is no hope other than a complete regime change - their words, 'regime change'. Sad.

Thanks JackVcr. South America is about the only place I haven't gotten to. Look forward to doing that someday in the future.

Back