What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New WR coach

Don Bebee, we have a lot of slow white guys...they say you can't teach speed, but it's worth a shot!

Most of the people mentioned here are not going to come for the money available and the position.

Embree - To high a price, been there already
Dorrell- Same story, moreso
Wilcotts- Great communicator, could be a big-time recruiter. No experience and making way to much money on TV to become a coach.
Logan- May be a re-occuring joke to bring his name up but some do it in seriousness. He wants to be in charge, is doing well in the media financially, may not exactly be popular with the Colorado HS coaches and has no significance out of state, forget him.

Cormier - I think a great choice, has experience yet still young and enthusiastic. Is known in Texas and is a really good guy. The only drawback is getting him out of Miami (Oh.) Most assistant coaches have clauses that let them leave for career advancement. I can't imagine he would not want to leave the MAC for the BigXII and his alma mater. We may have to give him a different title to qualify him for the out (i.e. passing coordinator, etc.)

You forgot Eddy Mac.

Okay, I'll play devil's advocate for this one. Since helf was the qb coach and K was the wr coach / now OC, is it plausible that Hawk brings in a QB coach (and K keeps the receivers)?

Okay, I'll play devil's advocate for this one. Since helf was the qb coach and K was the wr coach / now OC, is it plausible that Hawk brings in a QB coach (and K keeps the receivers)?

plausible but not likely. Kiesau was a QB himself and he has been looking forward to controlling the offense, which starts with the QB. He will 100% handle the QB's.

By the way, if you sampled the WR coaches nationwide, you'd find a lot of guys like Kiesau who played other positions. There's little correlation in general Sort of like the CU kid from Niwot that played TE at CU, then was a Grad Asst at Auburn in the Strength and Conditioning dept, and is now working at CU with the D-line....

Our next WR coach will have coaching experience somewhere else and will come to CU because it's a step up or a sideways move that is leveraged off an existing relationship with Hawk, Kiesau, or DenverJ (imho).

2468233504_1d313cac22.jpg

I'll give you a hint: he would not be my first choice, but I kinda like it.:smile2:

BTW, Clemons will be making his decision toward the end of the month.

cause i dont think its a good fit i mean we couldnt get aaaanyone better i get the logic behind it i just really dont like it get someone natural to the position thats all?

Back