What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New WR coach

i meant relatively big name i mean like a jon embree or the guy at miami ohio

i dunno i really dont know coaches but i just dont think ambrose can coach WR's god i hope im wrong but i dont think i am

The hell? Until a week ago you didn't even know who Jon Embree was. BCS, what do you think entails being a good WR/position coach?

I don't get your apprehension here at all since you can't seem to come up with a good reason why Ambrose would not be a good coach.

For all we know, Ambrose could be the next hottest thing in coaching. Or he could be a dud.

Unless you personally know Ambrose, I don't know what basis you have to like or dislike the hire. The hire would indicate that Hawk thinks he has a future in this business.

For all we know, Ambrose could be the next hottest thing in coaching. Or he could be a dud.

Unless you personally know Ambrose, I don't know what basis you have to like or dislike the hire. The hire would indicate that Hawk thinks he has a future in this business.

I can see both positives and negatives to the hire, if he is indeed who is hired.

Positives-Lengthy NFL career, played in the south for the majority of that career, played for and has coached with Greg Brown (who I feel is second only to Cabral as far as position coaches on staff). Have heard his name mentioned numerous times by DB recruits in interviews and they seem to have a high opinion of him (recruits know who he is).

Negatives- Never been a position coach. Never coached or played WR.

Everything I understand is that he'll be a position coach somewhere soon. Whether that is with the Buffs or not is to be determined.

For the record, Ambrose would not be my first choice but I do think he'd be a very capable coach and greatly enhance our ability to recruit in the south.

its not even that yet its super duper top double secret uber quiet

You mean, unless you give $ to Rivals.

I was hoping for Dan Reeves. :(

We want a big name, not just a big head.

When Ambrose established a brief, but sizzling relationship with BCS's Mom, BCS thought he'd finally found the father figure for whom he'd been searching all those years.

But the day after BCS got the nerve to finally call him, "Daddy", Ambrose left forever. BCS always blamed Ambrose publicly, but deep in his heart, he wondered if he, himself, was to blame.

Really? I heard he called him daddy for an entirely different reason. :smile2:

Actually BCS has a subscription to "Technical Interns Monthly" and they apparently did an expose on Ambrose's method of breaking down game film. It was the same issue as the cover story, "Brad Bedell Tells Us All About His Favorite Snack!"

Seriously, this hire seems pretty good, it gives a chance at advancement to a guy who deserves it. We weren't getting Cedrick Cormier or anybody else this late in the year (thanks Helfrich, you a$$h*le!!), so that makes an internal promotion even better.

And as much as I love Embree, he isn't coming back here as an assistant, especially not to the guy that beat him out for the head coaching job three years ago.

i do know who jon embree is i didnt know by last name alone... very few people are known by last name alone for instant crosby try me

i do know who jon embree is i didnt know by last name alone... very few people are known by last name alone for instant crosby try me

The correct response would have been to say you're simply too ****ing young and/or stupid to know who Embree was. Don't try to say it was because his first name was left out of the discussion.

As a fallback, you could've said that Rivals didn't say anything about him, so that's why you didn't know anything.

honestly first name popped into my head was alan, but as crosby i could be talking about mason or sydney or bing

Probably Mark Embree.

k8113.gif

Okay, confusion of who Embree is aside, the reasoning you don't like the idea of Ambrose as WR coach is basically you don't like him? Is that the gist?

Okay, confusion of who Embree is aside, the reasoning you don't like the idea of Ambrose as WR coach is basically you don't like him? Is that the gist?

no not at all i dont know the guy personally i just dont think he will be a good coach no evidence just a gut feeling. Could he be great? i hope so but do i have faith in this hire not at all. However im gonna give him a chance just like im giving McDaniels

At the end of the day, I doubt Ambrose will the only person with any contact with the WRs. I'm certain that Kiseau will continue to be very involved.

At the end of the day, I doubt Ambrose will the only person with any contact with the WRs. I'm certain that Kiseau will continue to be very involved.

Doubtful IMO. I think he'll be too busy focusing on his two brand new responsibilities (OC, QB's). Not sure who else is out there, but it's too late in the game to hit a home-run on this hire. Ambrose will do fine.

I guess I do not get where people think we're in the position to hit a home run with this hire regardless of timing.

I think Ambrose will do fine.

He's been with the team for quite a while, he's familiar with the area, he's got NFL experience, etc. I have heard many people say that wide receiver is the easiest position for a player to play as a true freshman - so it would make sense that Ambrose could assume the position, even if he never did play it.

I guess I do not get where people think we're in the position to hit a home run with this hire regardless of timing.

Home-run by our standards. Word is Ambrose really likes Boulder and wants to stick around for a long time

I don't think you hit "home runs" with position coaches most of the time. I think Greg Brown was a home run, but aside from that, it is pretty uncommon. I'm satisfied with the hire and will wish him the best. I still think his involvement will not be at the same level as Kiseau's was. Kiseau will continue to have some imput with the WRs.

One gut feeling that I have is this guy, if he becomes the position coach, with his NFL experience and southern roots has potential all star recruiting written all over him.

I took a quick peek at his bio. The guy is 38 years old, and played in the league for 14 years. That alone is pretty impressive to me. Not many players last that long in the NFL. He's seen the best WRs that the game can offer. He's been on the CU staff for over a year now. He understands the system, and will likely be a terrific recruiter. I'm not seeing much of a downside here, other than a lack of experience coaching receivers.

Count me as pleased with the hire.

Are the women's rights groups still watching the buffs closely? Because they may not like this guy...

Police arrested a former Falcons player Sunday for allegedly attacking his wife and trying to prevent her from calling police, according to a police report.

Gwinnett County Police arrested Ashley A. Ambrose, 36, of Duluth at his home in Sugarloaf Country Club. Ambrose was charged with battery and interfering with an emergency call. He was released on $5,700 bond an hour after he arrived at Gwinnett County's jail.

Ambrose was confronted on Feb. 9 by his wife, Monica E. Ambrose, 33, about marital problems when Ambrose became enraged, according to the report. Monica Ambrose told police that her husband said he was going to kill her and pushed her in the face, according to the report. Ashley Ambrose then threw a glass vase at her after she struck him back in self-defense, according to the report.

When she went for a cell phone to call 911, Ashley's brother, Naim Shakir, 24, tackled her and held her down while Ashley Ambrose kicked her in the side and hit her in the face, according to the report.

Police listed the same offense for Shakir, but Gwinnett's police spokesman Cpl. Darren Moloney said there was no record of an arrest for Shakir.

The Ambrose's two children were upstairs asleep during the struggle, according to the report.

Monica Ambrose ran upstairs and called police from behind a locked door. Both men fled, according to the report.

Calls Tuesday to the number listed on the report for Ambrose went unanswered.

Ambrose played 13 seasons in the NFL, including three as a defensive back with the Falcons (2000-02). He served as an unpaid defensive backs assistant coach with the Falcons last season. Team officials said Tuesday that Ambrose is no longer affiliated with the team.

Back